Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
New amenity in Y ?

I was just browsing on ebay and found something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asiana-Airli...item418445d3e0

I haven't flown OZ long haul Y for a while, remembered last time they had those individual disposable paper thin slippers. I guess now they change to socks instead ? The zipper bag is nice though.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
those have been around for a while. they had these on my last oz y flight, which was about a year ago. these were given along with the slippers on overnight flights, i think.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sol95
those have been around for a while. they had these on my last oz y flight, which was about a year ago. these were given along with the slippers on overnight flights, i think.
Thanks, good to know, the zipper bag plus the slippers seems better deal than KE Y then.

Were both of those already placed in the seat back pocket when you board ? Or FA passed them out individually ?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: A3 Gold | OZ Gold | BD RIP // BA Silver | QR Silver // AF Ivory | KE Skypass
Saw these years ago, in fact on my first OZ flights (LHR-ICN-SYD return). Sadly haven't seen them since. I use the old ones as pencil cases . They came with toothbrushes and toothpaste, eye-masks, socks etc.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:12 am

I can't believe someone is selling the socks and the bag for 8 bucks.
Do people really buy these things?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by agjil
Unbelievably yes, they do. A friend of mine in high school was an absolute aviation nut and collected items from whatever airline he could get his hands on. He'd pester me to keep any amenity kits, crayons for kids, pens or any other items and give them to him upon my return every time I went on vacation. Personally I could only *sort of* get the point if you actually received the item yourself, but people collect the strangest things.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jon503
Unbelievably yes, they do. A friend of mine in high school was an absolute aviation nut and collected items from whatever airline he could get his hands on. He'd pester me to keep any amenity kits, crayons for kids, pens or any other items and give them to him upon my return every time I went on vacation. Personally I could only *sort of* get the point if you actually received the item yourself, but people collect the strangest things.
yeah, I agree with people collecting the strangest things.
The idea of someone selling an underwhelming amenity kit just bothered me.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Willing buyer, willing seller.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If it is a full kit, I would, and that's why I created this thread, want to know if it is full or partial full, or something new or from the past that I would fly OZ to get one !

I am into airline collectibles, especially amenity kits !

yeah, I agree with people collecting the strangest things.
Not as strange as you think !

If no one collect it, no one interest it, then airline like LH/NH/TG and even BR wouldn't offer Rimowa amenity kit at all. I am sure you have seen how much are those Rimowa being sold on ebay right ? Even in the star megado 4, every participant receives one of those Rimowa amenity kit as well, so many frequent flyers love this.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 29, 2014 at 9:37 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Amenity kits from CX for J/F and DL's Tumi kits, etc. - they are all on eBay.

The little "Tumi" black pouch is perfect for storing gadgets, cables, charger & USB's, etc. while wet toiletry items that we must carry go into the 3-1-1 zip lock bag. Still got a UA zippered kit from the 80's for storing OTC's and meds for travel, pretty worn out but still functional - a quick glance that all items needed for the next trip are packed & off we go.

Frankly, I think folks are willing to buy them & use these kits for variety of purposes - I couldn't care less for its content. More shoe horns, toothbrushes & shaving kit, and sewing kits that we got room to store them while giving them away when friends visit and/or to young nieces/nephews when they travel - while showing them a few tricks & tips learned over the years.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Not as strange as you think !

If no one collect it, no one interest it, then airline like LH/NH/TG and even BR wouldn't offer Rimowa amenity kit at all. I am sure you have seen how much are those Rimowa being sold on ebay right ? Even in the star megado 4, every participant receives one of those Rimowa amenity kit as well, so many frequent flyers love this.
Haha, I meant no offence, hopefully you didn't take any.
I can see people trading/selling/buying Rimowa kits, since they are kind of unique and relatively difficult to get, but the poor OZ Y kit in your link was kind of a surprise to me.
Anyways, I certainly respect people collecting things that interest them.
Btw, what is "star megado 4"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.