Asiana A380 Seat Questions...

Old Jul 19, 14, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat.
Asiana A380 Seat Questions...

Hi All,

Im booked LAX-BKK in Oct. on OZ (LAX-ICN-HKG) and TG (HKG-BKK) metal. I was lucky enough to grab a F suite on the LAX-ICN A380 (hopefully) and HKG-BKK.

Right now I'm booked on J for the OZ ICN-HKG leg, assuming that it's going to be the A380 I have selected 10A. From what I can tell this seat is a true window seat (where the side table is in the aisle as opposed to by the window). Can anyone confirm?

Im also wondering about upgrading that leg. EF shows availability but on the site all of F is "blocked". Any ideas if they will open this up?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 14, 10:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, nobody everywhere else
It is. (about 10A. I have no idea about the blocked F seats)

http://www.bangaloreaviation.com/201...-schedule.html

The seat map in the link above is exactly the same as OZ website will show you.

Last edited by philphys; Jul 20, 14 at 10:17 am Reason: clarification on "It is."
Old Jul 20, 14, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt explorist
Originally Posted by bumfluff View Post

Im also wondering about upgrading that leg. EF shows availability but on the site all of F is "blocked". Any ideas if they will open this up?

Thanks
You can't and you won't, because ICN-HKG is 3 class sold as 2 class, so there is no upgrading at all, only if OZ assign you one of those F seats, but you will still be getting C class service.

You will see that if you read some of the posts on the long A380 thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...8-oz-a388.html
Old Jul 21, 14, 4:51 am

Programs: CX Diamond
Hi All.

Just flew in C on OZ745/746 both ICN/HKG legs operated by the 388. Even as a Diamond Plus member, they did not open up the F cabin for seating. The reason given was that additional crew members would have to be rostered in for that cabin to be open for seating. Since the C loads were very very low (we could all have fit into the forward C cabin on the upper deck) both ways, I can imagine why they leave it closed.

Flew in 10A outbound and 10K inbound and can report yes, they are seats next to the window vs. on the aisle side.
Old Jul 21, 14, 4:35 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
OZ told me some weeks ago that they gave me 3K on HKG-ICN in September. I'm on a mileage ticket via UA...first class.
Old Jul 21, 14, 4:42 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
...then 3K ICN-LAX later in the day.
Old Jul 21, 14, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all!
Old Jul 22, 14, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I just snagged two F seats on an A380 as well. How can I select seats? My reservation is ticketed, but on UA.com it still shows no seat assignments.
Old Jul 22, 14, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by omegadeal View Post
I just snagged two F seats on an A380 as well. How can I select seats? My reservation is ticketed, but on UA.com it still shows no seat assignments.
If you have the Asiana PNR (your United number won't work) you can select seats here:

http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...&menuType=LINK

Be sure to use the name you have booked under:

Smith JohnFranklinmr 99999999
Old Jul 23, 14, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Thanks - will the Asiana PNR appear in my reservation on UA.com eventually? It is about three days old now and says "This reservation was ticketed and confirmed..." but I only see the UA PNR.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize I was posting in the Asiana forum. I had done a search for Asiana and I guess I didn't limit it to the UA forum.

Last edited by omegadeal; Jul 23, 14 at 10:16 am
Old Jul 23, 14, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omegadeal View Post

You gotta call OZ direct, thats the best way I've found. They'll ask for a PNR or eTicket number, but they can also look up your flight by name and flight info.

The USA number is kinda hard to find on the OZ site. It's 1800-227-4262.

Search this Thread