Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Aircrafts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Asiana Aircrafts

Hi I am new on this forum. I am trying to find out what aircrafts are flying from ORD to ICN. We are flying out on the 4th of July and I am trying to figure out what kind of plane we are flying on. I hoping it is the aircraft with the lie flat seats since we are flying business class. It will be a long haul flight since it is 14 hours. Has anybody flown on this flight recently? I am praying it is not those angle flat seats.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: Work from home now, no more status for me
Unhappy

It appears to be the 772 with the 262 seat configuration which means business class is 2-3-2. It is not the newer Smartium Business class seats. It appears to be angle flat seats.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:36 pm

QS (lie-flat) business was discontinued to/from ORD on 21JUL2013.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:49 pm

Simply put, you will not get lie-flat seats, but will have angled-flat seats instead.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

That is sad. Everybody talks about how uncomfortable these seats are and to be stuck on this flight for 14 hours ughh!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
ICN-ORD route is on the old 3 class 777, but sold as 2 class. This means if you purchased your C tickets, rather than mileage redemption, you may be able to ask to be seated in the 1st cabin seats, which are full flat, not the angled flat of the business cabin seats.
service and food is all business, but the seats are different.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I flew in C 2 weeks ago, on a mileage redemption. and it was the angled lie-flats, not the QS. but for me, i got a decent 6 hours of sleep
Old May 1, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by sol95
ICN-ORD route is on the old 3 class 777, but sold as 2 class. This means if you purchased your C tickets, rather than mileage redemption, you may be able to ask to be seated in the 1st cabin seats, which are full flat, not the angled flat of the business cabin seats.
service and food is all business, but the seats are different.
Actually ORD-ICN situation is different from other routes that are 3 class sold as 2 class, there is another thread mentioned about F is being sold as premier business something like that (you can do a search about it), which means an upcharge for C pax to pay additional money for the F seat, rather than get it for free.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Costco
Originally Posted by sadln
QS (lie-flat) business was discontinued to/from ORD on 21JUL2013.
I was lucky enough last year to try out the new 777 suites in FC...before it switched to the JFK route.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by muc2asia
I was lucky enough last year to try out the new 777 suites in FC...before it switched to the JFK route.
I went out of my way to fly the 777 F suite when it first started.
Instead of DFW-LAX-ICN, I went DFW-ORD-ICN.
The F suite was indeed nice but wasn't substantially better over the old F to justify such a routing IMO.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mainbill
I went out of my way to fly the 777 F suite when it first started.
Instead of DFW-LAX-ICN, I went DFW-ORD-ICN.
The F suite was indeed nice but wasn't substantially better over the old F to justify such a routing IMO.
Me thinks the flight time from DFW-LAX-ICN is roughly the same as DFW-ORD-ICN. If you went DFW-JFK-ICN then new story
Old May 8, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I just flew this route in the angled-flat. While not as nice as Smartium, it was plenty comfortable and service was excellent.
Old May 18, 2014, 10:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, AMEX Plat (Marriott Gold), AMEX Hilton Aspire (Hilton Diamond)
right now Asiana uses its relatively new 777S HL7775 and HL7791 on its Chicago rotation, these two aircrafts are new but fitted with old business and first class seats.

starting later this year Asiana will use aircrafts that is fitted with new lie-flat business class seats on two weekly of its Chicago route
Old May 19, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
The newest plane pictured here - A388
Old May 19, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by dpy940307
right now Asiana uses its relatively new 777S HL7775 and HL7791 on its Chicago rotation, these two aircrafts are new but fitted with old business and first class seats.
Isn't that odd? HL7775 and HL7791 are the 3rd and 4th latest 777-200ERs that Asiana have. Still relatively young in terms of aircraft age. (HL7775 is 5.5 years old and HL7791 is 4 years old). I am wondering what the logic was to outfit them with the older seat configuration. Regional use aircraft with F class?

Originally Posted by dpy940307
starting later this year Asiana will use aircrafts that is fitted with new lie-flat business class seats on two weekly of its Chicago route
Perhaps the 777 that was used on the ICN-LAX flights will now rotate to ORD for a few flights each week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.