Asiana Club and credit cards

Old Jan 27, 14, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver

Hello,

I just moved to the US from France. I've been an Asiana Club for a long time and in EMEA, I used to travel with LH and TK.

Now in the US, I'm travelling (whenever I can) with UA and AC.

Now that I am going to live in the US and probably do frequent business travel, within the US, but also to Canada, as well as some private trips to Korea with Asiana, I wanted to know if there was any credit card associated with the airlines that people in the US would recommend?

I check some cards but they are either no more available (Bank of America Platinum visa?) or do not seem that good (Bank of America AMEX).

Or more generally, for an average 60k miles / year traveller like me, what kind of credit cards would you recommend?

I do not have a huge need for business trips because most of the fees are paid on the corporate AMEX card where I have a membership reward, so it's really for the private use that I'm asking for advises.

Thank you!

PS: If I posted in the wrong section, please let me know.
Old Jan 28, 14, 2:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, former BD *G, OZ Diamond Plus *G, VA Gold, AA, DL, EK, QF, Amex
I have no experience of US credit cards for Asiana, though I understand there are dedicated cards which earn Asiana club miles. In the UK there is the Amex SPG card which earns SPG points 1 point to 1, that can then be transferred to Asiana miles. This offers an advantage in that the SPG points don't expire while you credit to the scheme regularly. I believe Amex also offer a SPG card (possibly with signup bonus) in the US. It is a shame they are not offered in more countries serviced by Amex e.g. Australia as SPG is a useful scheme to store points in as you can transfer to more than one airline as well as redeem SPG rewards.
Old Feb 3, 14, 9:07 am

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
I guess for US, only BOA cards allow you to earn Asiana miles:
http://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepag...pe=CMS#America
Old Feb 4, 14, 9:21 pm

I still use the BofA Asiana Amex. The Sac has the best value because you get 1.25 miles per dollar but I like the Amex better since you get the 100 dollar rebate and 10k certificate. if I wasn't lazy maybe I would get the SPG again. I'm still mad that they took away the 2 miles per dollar for the Amex.
Old Mar 30, 20, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
Edit: .

Last edited by Gasolin; Mar 30, 20 at 1:11 pm Reason: Too old
Old Apr 5, 20, 9:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus
In the US I used the BAC pesonal card. Some of the sign up bonus/spend counts towards status, and it's the only way to really earn miles in the US. However, since I fly OZ a goodly amount, I generally value getting UR/MR with cards, and only use the OZ card for status miles.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: