Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preselect meal in F?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Preselect meal in F?

I'm flying LAX-ICN in F in a couple weeks and was wondering if there was a way to preselect my meal choices in F. I didn't see any way to do this in advance since you cna't even select your seat until checkin.

Should I just call them for the meal as well as seat selection?

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I'm flying LAX-ICN in F in a couple weeks and was wondering if there was a way to preselect my meal choices in F. I didn't see any way to do this in advance since you cna't even select your seat until checkin.

Thanks
You can select your seat over the phone, so you may as well call and select your seat and ask about the meal.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by bigshooter

Thanks
There are no special meals to select in F for flights into ICN, you get what is offered in the menus. It is only for flights out of ICN then there are a number of special meals have to be pre-booked.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:10 am

Where can I find the pre-order meal selection ex-ICN?

Food on OZ is always quite nice, is it worth at all to pre-order any meals on OZ?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
+1 on this question. Is it possible to do online? Or see the menu options online?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtresc
Where can I find the pre-order meal selection ex-ICN?

Food on OZ is always quite nice, is it worth at all to pre-order any meals on OZ?
Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
+1 on this question. Is it possible to do online? Or see the menu options online?
Have you done a search on this topic ? Or perhaps read the STICKY ?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ight=pre+order
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ight=pre+order
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17150794-post7.html
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:06 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Search all you want but Asiana provides little information online or via phone to better coordinate the first class meal choices on ICN departing flights. ICN -> LAX 4:30 PM flight last week and quite excited about the Korean meal. Initially staff insisted the western and Chinese options were the only available options and the Korean must be pre-ordered in advance. The staff even included a flyer indicating as such for me to read. Prior to flight one call to confirm booking, one call to confirm business class seat to ICN and one call to confirm first class seat from ICN. All calls 24 in advance of departure and no mention of meal options. No mention online of a limited menu without pre-order. The staff arrived a few minutes later with a Korean meal option so unclear if zero Korean options without preorder or one Korean meal option without pre-order. Never imagined the Korean airline would not serve Korean food.

So yes do explore the options associated with pre-order.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Search all you want but Asiana provides little information online or via phone to better coordinate the first class meal choices on ICN departing flights. ICN -> LAX 4:30 PM flight last week and quite excited about the Korean meal. Initially staff insisted the western and Chinese options were the only available options and the Korean must be pre-ordered in advance. The staff even included a flyer indicating as such for me to read. Prior to flight one call to confirm booking, one call to confirm business class seat to ICN and one call to confirm first class seat from ICN. All calls 24 in advance of departure and no mention of meal options. No mention online of a limited menu without pre-order. The staff arrived a few minutes later with a Korean meal option so unclear if zero Korean options without preorder or one Korean meal option without pre-order. Never imagined the Korean airline would not serve Korean food.

Well those past threads that I posted have all the pre-order options in F, so once you know your choices just call in to tell them what you want.

My very first time in OZ F also didn't know about the pre-order is a must for Korean option despite I had actually flown the outbound saw that on the menus, but the FA said they could actually use the Korean option from C class (which was bibimbap) but change it to F chinaware to serve, it is very likely the similiar case from your experience, as basically every OZ flight has a Korean option in C and Y class as well.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
It just seems unbelievable that a Korean airline would offer Korean food in C and Y class, and not in F class. Tsk Tsk Tsk.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I have recent experience on this.
I wasn't even aware that you can pre-order

I got email about 1-2 weeks prior to my flight from a rep.
Not sure if they send this to everyone (No status whatsoever with asiana).

edit: Forgot to add, the pre-order is for the ICN-JFK (in F)
"
My name is XXX at Premium Service Desk, Asiana Airlines.

Thank you for traveling with Asiana Airlines.
We receive PRE-ORDER the 1st meal (LUNCH) on OZ222 FIRST CLASS on November 30, 2013. (return flight only).

If you would like to choose the meal, could you please reply me with your choice? Otherwise, you are able to select the meal what we have in the flight.

Have a wonderful and safety trip.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

OZ222 LUNCH

[ Western Food ]
1) Roasted Veal Tenderloin with Lobster, Mushroom Ragout, Wilted cabbage with Horseradish Cream
/ 송아지 안심에 말아 구운 랍스터와 버섯, 배추 그리고 홀스레디쉬 크림
2) Pan Fried Sole Stuffed Crab with Grilled Tomatoes, Parsley Presto
/ 게살로 속을 채워 말은 가자미 살과 구운 토마토 그리고 파슬리 페스토
3) Braised Beef Cheek, Mushroom Gnocchi, Asparagus with Burgundy Jus
/ 천천히 익혀 부드럽게 조리한 소고기 볼살, 버섯뇨끼, 아스파라거스 그리고 버건디 소스

[ Chinese Food ]
4) Assorted Stir Fried Seafood 'Jeon-Ga-Bok' / 전가복
Stir Fried Pork and Cashew Nut (Served with Oriental Sauce & Accompanied with Fried Rice)
/ 돼지고기 캐슈넛 볶음

[ Korean Food ]
5) Bi-Bim-Bap and Grilled Toothfish / 메로구이를 곁들인 궁중 비빔반상
6) Bi-Bim-Bap and Stewed Seafood / 전복삼합찜을 곁들인 궁중 비빔반상
7) Ssam-Bap with Beef Short Rib Bul-Gal-Bi / 궁중쇠갈비 쌈상
8) Bi-Bim-Bap and Short Rib in Sweet Pumpkin / 약호박 영양갈비찜을 곁들인 궁중 비빔반상

I select the (8) short rib in sweet pumpkin. It's pretty good actually, though the meat is rather small in quantity.

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room

Last edited by tomy77; Dec 2, 2013 at 5:56 pm
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I know no special menu for flights ex USA how about standard special meals such as Vegetarian, Hindu, Gluten Free, etc?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by tomy77

I got email about 1-2 weeks prior to my flight from a rep.
OZ222 LUNCH

[ Western Food ]
1) Roasted Veal Tenderloin with Lobster, Mushroom Ragout, Wilted cabbage with Horseradish Cream
/ 송아지 안심에 말아 구운 랍스터와 버섯, 배추 그리고 홀스레디쉬 크림
[ Korean Food ]

7) Ssam-Bap with Beef Short Rib Bul-Gal-Bi / 궁중쇠갈비 쌈상
8) Bi-Bim-Bap and Short Rib in Sweet Pumpkin / 약호박 영양갈비찜을 곁들인 궁중 비빔반상

I select the (8) short rib in sweet pumpkin. It's pretty good actually, though the meat is rather small in quantity.
my return is in mid January. will I be getting the same menu?

Id probably go with 1 but 7 or 8 seem interesting....
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by bigbellytraveler
my return is in mid January. will I be getting the same menu?

Id probably go with 1 but 7 or 8 seem interesting....
Hey bigbellytraveler did you ever get contacted about your options for pre-order before your flight last month?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Preselect meal in F?

Just saw this thread had life again... My lax-icn flight had bibimbap as one of the options and I took it. It was just alright though, the kimchi and other vegetables were not great, the service more than made up for that. The kimchi at arrival meal was much better.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Any updates on F meals or menu? Are preselect meals still available? Will be flying LAX-ICN in F in a couple months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.