Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Different earning rate between code share partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)

I recently flew an AC-operated flight on a UA-marketed ticket in class K.
Class K earns 50% on AC but 100% on UA.

As my ticket was issued by UA from their website, my expectation was to earn 100% of the mileage.

But my account shows now the flights as AC with the AC flight numbers.
Consequently I have been credited with only 50% of the mileage.

Is that normal ? Doest it make sense to lodge a complain with the Asiana desk ?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Who you got the ticket from ultimately doesn't matter. It's the metal you're flying on.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QF, VA
Originally Posted by sol95
Who you got the ticket from ultimately doesn't matter. It's the metal you're flying on.
sol95 is correct.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:47 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by sol95
Not only that, the booking class on the ticketing carrier sometimes map to a different booking class on the operating carrier, which may result in pretty nasty surprises.

LAX
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:14 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LAX
Not only that, the booking class on the ticketing carrier sometimes map to a different booking class on the operating carrier, which may result in pretty nasty surprises.

LAX
Correct, we had the same question asked here a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21464770-post62.html

On the LH forum they have started to create a map of marketing and operating carrier booking classes and it is all over the map. Very difficult to predict what one would get.

To the OP, almost no chance to file a complaint. You can try but I see little chance of success. But I hope I am wrong.
I theory it could have been possible that this would have booked into a non miles earning booking class.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
I've had a similar issue to this before as well. I had booked a flight on LH but missed it due to a delay caused by LH. They put me on an NH flight and I ended up getting fewer miles accrued to my OZ account because they counted the NH flight, and not the LH one I had booked. The NH flight had a different fare class that got me 75% instead of 100% miles. For the flight from NRT to ICN, they even booked me on Korean Air, so I got no miles at all for that. I complained to OZ and they blamed LH (understandably so) and then I complained to LH and they told me to ask OZ... Bottom line, there doesn't seem to be anything you can do in these situations.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Well, thanks to all, now I'm aware of that.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: OZ D*G, AS MVPG, AF G, GHA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
This is when I prefer oneworld's mileage redemption system of using the marketing carrier: just makes things much easier.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deasine
This is when I prefer oneworld's mileage redemption system of using the marketing carrier: just makes things much easier.
Is the same with Skyteam or at least Flying Poo. I remember having flown CDG-YUL on AZ ticket and AF metal and gain 100% i/o 50%. I did not anticipate the rule was different with OZ.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mogoy
I did not anticipate the rule was different with OZ.
This is *A wide, not just OZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.