Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to Yangon this winter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+, BA Silver, IC Royal Plat. Ambassador
Thumbs up Flights to Yangon this winter

Airline Route mentions that OZ will be doing a seasonal tryout on ICN-Yangon from 19DEC to early March. This is the first new SE Asian route apart from Da Nang for a bit, and interesting to see they will use the 767 on it, means plenty of capacity. I hope to try it out, any thoughts on what lounge to expect in Yangon?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Endesu
Airline Route mentions that OZ will be doing a seasonal tryout on ICN-Yangon from 19DEC to early March. This is the first new SE Asian route apart from Da Nang for a bit, and interesting to see they will use the 767 on it, means plenty of capacity. I hope to try it out, any thoughts on what lounge to expect in Yangon?
SQ switched their planes to 777 on that route, Thai flies A333, so big birds aren't new there.
There are two lounges in RGN, both nothing to write home about, but decent enough to visit.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by Endesu
don't expect any decent lounge service in yangon. that airport is really really outdated. btw, securing visa to myanmar is annoying process that takes several days, so plan ahead.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sunrider101
btw, securing visa to myanmar is annoying process that takes several days, so plan ahead.
Tell me about it. I imagine if they relaxed the process to something similar to Thailand, they would have more tourists than they can handle. I for one often travel on a moments notice and so for my leisure travel choose almost exclusively countries where I can freely travel to without needing any visa in advance. If the country doesn't offer that, I might visit there once in a blue moon, but it definitely won't be on any regular basis.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by A_Lee
Tell me about it. I imagine if they relaxed the process to something similar to Thailand, they would have more tourists than they can handle. I for one often travel on a moments notice and so for my leisure travel choose almost exclusively countries where I can freely travel to without needing any visa in advance. If the country doesn't offer that, I might visit there once in a blue moon, but it definitely won't be on any regular basis.

myanmar is run by military junta still... so i don't think they would relax that policy anytime soon.

that being said, those countries are the ones i target specifically. the hassle of securing visa means not many people will go there, and thus the country is not overrun by terrorists i mean tourists. Locals are more receptive toward tourists and haven't tasted them monies yet.

myanmar has much to offer, and i go there each year at least once... and my how things have changed since Cyclone Nargis hit them a couple of yrs ago.

def worth a visit!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Lack
SQ switched their planes to 777 on that route, Thai flies A333, so big birds aren't new there.
There are two lounges in RGN, both nothing to write home about, but decent enough to visit.
Especially if the price is right...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.