Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Legroom on a Asiana USA flight to ICN

Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond

I'm about 6ft 4" and I would like to try the JFK-ICN-CRK (in Sept) or LAX to ICN flights in coach. I'm concerned about the legroom so is it doable if I can't get an exit row seat. I'm Star Gold (UA 1K) in the *A program. Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2012, 4:33 pm

All of the Asiana longhaul planes have 34" legroom. I'm about 6' and I found it plenty roomy for even JFK-ICN.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by NYC1K
I'm about 6ft 4" and I would like to try the JFK-ICN-CRK (in Sept) or LAX to ICN flights in coach. I'm concerned about the legroom so is it doable if I can't get an exit row seat. I'm Star Gold (UA 1K) in the *A program. Thanks
I'll chime in although I'm under 6'. I fly Asiana often to ICN and beyond. Best long haul straight economy seat on the routes. E+ on UA may have more pitch, but the OZ seat is more comfortable, and the recline is a slide-in-shell, not a lean-back, so more space all around.

I'm *G too but have never scored an exit row on OZ.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by hiyo
I'll chime in although I'm under 6'. I fly Asiana often to ICN and beyond. Best long haul straight economy seat on the routes. E+ on UA may have more pitch, but the OZ seat is more comfortable, and the recline is a slide-in-shell, not a lean-back, so more space all around.
Slide-in-shell - I don't recall any of OZ flights having this type of seat in Coach. Can you tell me which flight has this seat is installed in?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
Originally Posted by nme7
Slide-in-shell - I don't recall any of OZ flights having this type of seat in Coach. Can you tell me which flight has this seat is installed in?
I also don't know of any Slide-in-Shell seats on OZ. Maybe they are thinking of Cathay and those horrible economy shell seats (which they are thankfully replacing.)

OZ has a great economy product (I'm 6ft2") and I have never had a problem securing exit row seats. They just don't award them before getting to the airport so ask at the airport and if you are prepared to settle for row A/K at the windows, you can still enjoy the space of the extra legroom/standing room.

If memory serves me correct, they also won best economy class product last year with the SKYTRAX awards. ^
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by SOLTATIO
I also don't know of any Slide-in-Shell seats on OZ.
Hmm. I was sure that the seat slid forward and the back only reclined slightly. Sorry if I was mistaken. It is a great economy seat for flying to Asia, though.

I am happily in First on awards in November, then in coach in December to Thailand.

Caveat: Some OZ coach fares only earn 70% on UA.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:29 pm

When you recline, the seat cushion slides forward AND the seatback goes back a little.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Skypass
Asiana does have the seats where the bottom slides forward when you recline the back. It's only on certain aircraft. They have it on the 747's, newer A330's & have the big PTV's. The 777's have the older seats that just recline the back with small PTV's
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SOLTATIO
I also don't know of any Slide-in-Shell seats on OZ. Maybe they are thinking of Cathay and those horrible economy shell seats (which they are thankfully replacing.)

OZ has a great economy product (I'm 6ft2") and I have never had a problem securing exit row seats. They just don't award them before getting to the airport so ask at the airport and if you are prepared to settle for row A/K at the windows, you can still enjoy the space of the extra legroom/standing room.

If memory serves me correct, they also won best economy class product last year with the SKYTRAX awards. ^
Excellent and this is the type of information I was looking for. Again....thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiyo
Hmm. I was sure that the seat slid forward and the back only reclined slightly. Sorry if I was mistaken. It is a great economy seat for flying to Asia, though.

I am happily in First on awards in November, then in coach in December to Thailand.

Caveat: Some OZ coach fares only earn 70% on UA.
Great to know and thank you for your response. I'm seriously given thought to flying OZ for the first time and it will save me some money. Usually I fly into MNL on CX or JL and take a taxi to CRK (1.5 hours and $40 each way).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.