Search

ICN lounge day pass?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 10:52 am
Original Poster

ICN lounge day pass?

Tried searching but could not find specific answer,

Family of four traveling United ICN-SFO, two in business, two in economy

For two in C, access to OZ biz lounge but is it possible to purchase lounge access for other two?

Thanks
Old May 28, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
My understanding is that business class lounge access entitles entry for you and one other guest. As you have 2 flying business, the other 2 flying economy can go in together with you.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sol95
My understanding is that business class lounge access entitles entry for you and one other guest. As you have 2 flying business, the other 2 flying economy can go in together with you.
That has not been my experience on star alliance, I think their policy is first class pax can bring guest but biz pax no

Unless Asiana is different?
Old May 28, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by adlibitum
That has not been my experience on star alliance, I think their policy is first class pax can bring guest but biz pax no

Unless Asiana is different?
I was mistaken and you're right.

But one other avenue is your UA 2P, which is a *A gold (is that right?). If so, that entitles you to automatic access to the lounge with one extra guest. So that covers the two passengers on C and one on Y. Now the Asiana website mentions you can get access for 3,000 miles, but is only available for Asiana flights.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I do hope you make it work---the OZ lounge in ICN is perhaps my favorite *A club.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Incorrect

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

International Business Class Customers: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.

Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight
Customer must be departing from the local airport in International Business Class
Customers must be a revenue customer
Customer is not entitled to any guests

But one other avenue is your UA 2P, which is a *A gold (is that right?). If so, that entitles you to automatic access to the lounge with one extra guest. So that covers the two passengers on C and one on Y. Now the Asiana website mentions you can get access for 3,000 miles, but is only available for Asiana flights.
Wrong again

UA 2P is premier silver, which is *A silver.

Only UA GS, 1K, Plat, Gold are *A gold.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Incorrect

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

International Business Class Customers: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.

Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight
Customer must be departing from the local airport in International Business Class
Customers must be a revenue customer
Customer is not entitled to any guests

Wrong again

UA 2P is premier silver, which is *A silver.

Only UA GS, 1K, Plat, Gold are *A gold.
So does Asiana sell day passes or no? On website they do say pax on OZ operated flights can purchase lounge access for 30000 krw, I think, but this is a United flight.
Old May 29, 2012, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by adlibitum
So does Asiana sell day passes or no? On website they do say pax on OZ operated flights can purchase lounge access for 30000 krw, I think, but this is a United flight.
Yes, but only if you fly OZ

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO14110

2) Use of miles and charged services is available only for passengers using flights operated by Asiana Airlines (Not applicable to Star Alliance flights and code share flights)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.