Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Award Ticket Booked Through CO, Can't View Itin

Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry

I booked a business class round trip 100% on OZ HKG-SEA today using miles through CO reservations. I got the itinerary from CO and it's been e-ticketed and confirmed on 005 ticket stock. The CO rez agent gave me the Asiana confirmation number and I went to the Asiana site to pull up the itinerary and do seat assignments. I went to the itinerary lookup page and put in the confirmation number..but the other ID info that it wants is an email address or user name. It doesn't accept my email address on file with CO (says it doesn't match what's on the record). I'm thinking maybe I'm in the wrong place but I can't find anywhere else to pull up the itinerary.

Can anyone shed some light for me? Departure date is 11/23, fyi.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I've done this two different ways before. The first way is to sign up for Asiana club, then you can log-in with your OZ confirmation number and membership number.

The other way is to use the 005 eticket number. For this case, remove the default 988 number in the "Guest Access" part and then paste in your full 005 number. The thing to remember here is that if you used your middle name (or initial) on the ticket, this is simply appended onto your first name without a space. Make you put in exactly what's on your ticket or it will not recognize it. But try all the combinations/permutations of it anyway. Mine was my first name with my middle initial.

I hope that helps. Unfortunately I can't speak to it asking for an email address because I've never seen that before. It's possibly a new thing. I'd use the address that is on the eticket, but I'm assuming that's the one you used.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
DaveSFO is right, I just did this too a few weeks ago.

Lets say your name is: Brian Cody Lee

Then on OZ's website you will do:
First Name: Briancody
Last Name: Lee
E-Ticket #: 005----------

It took me around two/three days for the ticket to go through so yeah..
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Thanks guys that was very helpful.. I was able to view seat maps and select seats for 2 of the 4 flights. I noticed at CO.com this morning seats were auto assigned overnight as well for all but one flight.. ICN-SEA.

Now my next question is..why? For HKG-ICN-SEA on 11/23 it won't even let me bring up a seat map to choose a business class seat (A330 2 class). A window was assigned on HKG-ICN, and no seat at all was assigned ICN-SEA. On ExpertFlyer HKG-ICN is C9 D9 J6 D6 and ICN-SEA is C5 D5 J5 D5 so it doesn't appear the flights are sold out. Plus if they were that full why would they sell a saver award ticket!

Does Asiana block a ton of business class seats until closer to the flight? I really want aisles on all legs if possible and it just seems strange every seat is taken.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Gold
They absolutely block a lot of the seats to online selection until check-in starts. I had booked a ticket in February for travel in July. This was a flight with the QS seats and from the beginning there were only 6 seats available for selection. A couple of those got filled over the months and then when I went to do online check-in at T-48 basically all of the seats were available to select. Seen the same thing for 3 different trips.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Can anyone shed some light for me? Departure date is 11/23, fyi.
I just created Asiana Club account and used the confirmation number provided by CO to access the OZ flights. You can then chose your seats.

Note that it appears that the site only works with IE browser (there is another thread about it in the forum).
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by DaveSFO
They absolutely block a lot of the seats to online selection until check-in starts. I had booked a ticket in February for travel in July. This was a flight with the QS seats and from the beginning there were only 6 seats available for selection. A couple of those got filled over the months and then when I went to do online check-in at T-48 basically all of the seats were available to select. Seen the same thing for 3 different trips.
Thanks DaveSFO I recently booked a flight in F from LAX-ICN. I was able to access the seating chart, but only three of the seats were available for assignment. I'll check back at T-48. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can grab 4E/F.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:12 pm

I booked my business class ticket in April on CO for LAX-ICN. It's been 3 days and tried to see seat arrangement on their website. I input the eticket number and name but it always came back with msg "your information cannot find". I called OZ today and they assigned seat 4E/F are better? They did confirm that it will be the new business seat.

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Thanks DaveSFO I recently booked a flight in F from LAX-ICN. I was able to access the seating chart, but only three of the seats were available for assignment. I'll check back at T-48. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can grab 4E/F.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Doublejade
I booked my business class ticket in April on CO for LAX-ICN. It's been 3 days and tried to see seat arrangement on their website. I input the eticket number and name but it always came back with msg "your information cannot find". I called OZ today and they assigned seat 4E/F are better? They did confirm that it will be the new business seat.
On OZ201/202 in F, 4E/F are the only two seats in the cabin (747) that are next to each other. These seats are ideal for a couple. I believe you are on flight 203/204 (777), where first is not offered. The seating is different, not sure about which seats are ideal for couples. Enjoy the new J! It looks great.

Last edited by gpeso8; Nov 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:14 pm

I called CO and got OZ confirmation #. Using that and asiana club number I can see seat arrangements now. I got seat 4A, which is by the window. And it is the new biz class. I am very happy. Hope they wont have last minute plane swap.

Originally Posted by gpeso8
On OZ201/202 in F, 4E/F are the only two seats in the cabin (747) that are next to each other. These seats are ideal for a couple. I believe you are on flight 203/204 (777), where first is not offered. The seating is different, not sure about which seats are ideal for couples. Enjoy the new J! It looks great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.