Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Economy Purchased, upgraded with miles - no miles credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Dear All,

It is my understanding that if you upgrade with miles, you still get miles credited for the underlying fare class which you purchased.

On a recent flight LHR - ICN, my Miles & More account has stated 'Class not eligible for credit' for an economy flight, upgraded using miles.

How do I go about getting these miles credited, or am I wrong? It is only the higher fare buckets which can be upgraded, isn't it?

Thanks

IC.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:16 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Was your booking class G, L or T? If so then you get no miles from M&M in these fare buckets.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:49 am
Original Poster

On the confirmation it says:

Booking Class: I
Fare Basis: BRX1UKP

I understand 'I' is award inventory (which would follow, as it was an economy ticket upgraded to business).

The fare basis suggests it was a 'B' fare bucket however, which is fully earning (indeed the return flights, all listed with the same details posted).
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:08 am

Just claim retroactive mileage as usual. When they do this manually, they should see that it was a paid fare and credit accordingly.

Although, I wonder whether they will give you problems because you upgraded using (I presume) OZ miles... they might argue that you should credit the miles to OZ. But I'm not aware of any rules that prohibit upgrading with one FFP and claiming the miles on another. Stand your ground if they try to push this upon you.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:13 am
Original Poster

I have done a retro-active credit, and the result is no dice.

I think that they are looking at the 'award' nature of the resulting ticket, and not the non-discounted revenue nature of the underlying one.

I will write an email to the girl at Asiana who helped me book it, who was wonderful and see if she can help.

I need the miles to qualify for new shiny plastic!

And yes, I did upgrade using Asiana miles, but where I credit the flight to I believe is my choice.

The flights were amazing - even on the sloped seats on the way out. The service was just so good. The return was row 2 in the FC cabin of one of the 747-400s, then the new J to London. I am hooked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.