Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
FAQs

Please help populate this Wiki by adding what you see as a relevant question and by providing the answer.

Claim for missing miles.
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by steveman518
For *G you always had to pay for the 2nd guest in a *A lounge (if they even let you pay for one)
I got it wrong, of course. I was thinking 2nd person (and 1st guest!)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:08 am

I have a reservation made through a travel agent and he has provided me with the PNR code. However on the Asiana website they require the email address to look at the reservation on-line.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: Miles and More
Re-Qualifying

Sorry, yet another question which may be answered in the ToS, but I lack the understanding to figure it out.

So with Asiana you need to fly 40k miles in 24 months to get gold, initially. Does requalification work the same way (40k miles in 24 months) - and does the period for requalification start directly on the day you achieve gold for the first time, or subsequent to the initial 24 month period?
I should manage 40k miles in under a year, and now I'm wondering if I should keep flying on the Asiana Card after, for the re-qualification, or if I rather fly the remaining miles until the intial 24 month period is over on my M&M card..

Say I joined Asiana on Jan 1st 2015 and I reach 40k miles on Oct 1st 2015 - I assume I would get gold directly and I would better fly on the M&M card until Jan 1st 2017, to start the requalification round with Asiana after (to collect 40k miles until Dec 31st 2019, the latest)?

thanks heaps again! :-)

-- n
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by nimportequi
Sorry, yet another question which may be answered in the ToS, but I lack the understanding to figure it out.

So with Asiana you need to fly 40k miles in 24 months to get gold, initially. Does requalification work the same way (40k miles in 24 months) - and does the period for requalification start directly on the day you achieve gold for the first time, or subsequent to the initial 24 month period?
I should manage 40k miles in under a year, and now I'm wondering if I should keep flying on the Asiana Card after, for the re-qualification, or if I rather fly the remaining miles until the intial 24 month period is over on my M&M card..

Say I joined Asiana on Jan 1st 2015 and I reach 40k miles on Oct 1st 2015 - I assume I would get gold directly and I would better fly on the M&M card until Jan 1st 2017, to start the requalification round with Asiana after (to collect 40k miles until Dec 31st 2019, the latest)?

thanks heaps again! :-)

-- n
If you join Asiana on Jan/1/2015 then miles earned Jan/1/2015-Jan/1/2017 will count towards your first qualification (if you pass 40k then in their eyes you are accumulating towards the next benchmark). Requalification starts Jan/1/2017 and will last until Jan/1/2019. That's my understanding after reading through their website.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Just to confirm the award chart:

Canada-Europe in J on *A partners is 80, First is 100k? If so, that's.. surprisingly decent. Which carriers have no/the lowest surcharges on Asiana? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
just out of curiosity: actually i'm not able to book an award ticket on my asiana mileage account, where the itinerary would be and C2-C1-C2 (so with any *A partner!)...Am I the only one that is facing this issue? did asiana changed something on the IT platform?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by lee_apromise

Please note that miles earned from other partners such as partner airlines (Etihad, Qatar and Eva), credit card, rental cars, hotel programs etc DO NOT count towards the status.
I think this need to be edited, as Eva is not *A and flight with Eva is qualify for status.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by lingua101
I think this need to be edited, as Eva is not *A and flight with Eva is qualify for status.
This FAQ probably has not been updated in awhile. You are correct, Eva airlines is part of Star Alliance, as of 2013. You can check at http://www.staralliance.com/en/membe...airlineCode=BR
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Talking

Originally Posted by abari
If you join Asiana on Jan/1/2015 then miles earned Jan/1/2015-Jan/1/2017 will count towards your first qualification (if you pass 40k then in their eyes you are accumulating towards the next benchmark). Requalification starts Jan/1/2017 and will last until Jan/1/2019. That's my understanding after reading through their website.
New to Asiana and trying to get my head around the program.

As I understand it, you have two years from the date of enrollment to attain status. Status is then retained for two years. However, I'm confused about timing of when status will start and begin after it is attained.

If I enroll on 1 January 2016, and attain (for example) Asiana Diamond by 01 March 2016, status will run through 1 March 2018? If I requalify for Diamond by this time, status will be extended again until 1 March 2010? Am I correct in this approach?

Apologies for the rookie question! Appreciate your help.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by OriginalName
New to Asiana and trying to get my head around the program.

As I understand it, you have two years from the date of enrollment to attain status. Status is then retained for two years. However, I'm confused about timing of when status will start and begin after it is attained.

If I enroll on 1 January 2016, and attain (for example) Asiana Diamond by 01 March 2016, status will run through 1 March 2018? If I requalify for Diamond by this time, status will be extended again until 1 March 2010? Am I correct in this approach?

Apologies for the rookie question! Appreciate your help.
In your example the status would last from attainment to 31 December 2019 (being the rest of the qualification period plus 2 years).

If you requalify based on flying between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2019 then status is extended to 31 December 2021.

Note earning from 1 March 2016 to 31 December 2017 will not count towards requalification, although of course will count towards Diamond plus lifetime status.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond
Do miles earned on partner airlines (Etihad, Qatar, Air Astana) count towards Elite Status? I'm considering a trip to Nepal this summer. I already have over 17,000 miles in my account flown on Asiana metal and the distance of the trip would put me well over *A Silver and knocking on *A Gold's door. Right now, Etihad is the cheapest option for me and will probably be a better experience than any other airline but the fact that most economy fares don't accrue 100% is making me hesitant. If it turns out those miles don't count towards elite status anyway I'll go with Air India or Asiana+Thai.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Weymar Osborne
Do miles earned on partner airlines (Etihad, Qatar, Air Astana) count towards Elite Status? I'm considering a trip to Nepal this summer. I already have over 17,000 miles in my account flown on Asiana metal and the distance of the trip would put me well over *A Silver and knocking on *A Gold's door. Right now, Etihad is the cheapest option for me and will probably be a better experience than any other airline but the fact that most economy fares don't accrue 100% is making me hesitant. If it turns out those miles don't count towards elite status anyway I'll go with Air India or Asiana+Thai.
No. You only earn redeemable miles, not status miles on non-*A airlines.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:28 pm

Hey
On its website Asiana states that you can't redeem miles obtained before enrolling. How strictly is that enforced? Has anyone tried it? I want to claim miles for Air India from a few months back but only just joined Asiana ffp.
Thanks for any help

Last edited by aklj; May 16, 2016 at 8:41 pm
Old May 22, 2016, 2:29 am

Flying on OZ from NRT-ICN @ 9:00. First train from Tokyo Main gets to the airport few minutes past 7:00. Do I have enough time to check in, security, passport with only carry on. Or do I need to make other choices to get there earlier?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Flying on OZ from NRT-ICN @ 9:00. First train from Tokyo Main gets to the airport few minutes past 7:00. Do I have enough time to check in, security, passport with only carry on. Or do I need to make other choices to get there earlier?
Plenty of time. You should be able to clear all the checkin/immigration procedured within 30 mins. NRT is very efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.