Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:18 am

So....what's the deal with Asiana seat reservations?

I have an United award ticket (with Asiana PNR) and the seat assignment option is not available on the app, and I can't figure out if I can even add my PNR on the site.

So I called Asiana, and they had pre-assigned seats, which for me was 23K on the A380. This is the second to last row in business class. The CSR told me that everything closer to the front is blocked "under airport control" and I'd have to call 24 hours before the flight to get something better. The flight is 5 weeks out.

Has anyone heard of this before? I have made Asiana seat reservations in advance (and online) in the past, but it was a while ago.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by giblet
So....what's the deal with Asiana seat reservations?

I have an United award ticket (with Asiana PNR) and the seat assignment option is not available on the app, and I can't figure out if I can even add my PNR on the site.

So I called Asiana, and they had pre-assigned seats, which for me was 23K on the A380. This is the second to last row in business class. The CSR told me that everything closer to the front is blocked "under airport control" and I'd have to call 24 hours before the flight to get something better. The flight is 5 weeks out.

Has anyone heard of this before? I have made Asiana seat reservations in advance (and online) in the past, but it was a while ago.
Yeah that's normal. Well, having that many business class seats blocked isn't normal, but having a large number of seats is. The reason is Asiana is a big carrier of tours and tickets booked through travel agents. Every time I fly with them I'm not trying to exaggerate but at least half the plane is tied to a tour group. So anyway they make a big deal about "just select your seats when you check in for the flight" and it seems to work for them. I got switched to them CDG-ICN after IRROPS on LH and still got a window seat 3 hours before the flight.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I'm not seeing the seat assignment tab following this process? Has something changed as I have been successful before. It is an award booking using Lifemiles to book it. Any other workarounds on their website would be greatly appreciated as well.
Having this issue as well. Just booked a OZ flight using UA miles and no seat selection available on either the OZ app or website. It did automatically assign a seat however.
ok2uselane likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Plat, AC SE, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Presidents Club
Can't Select Seats

Booked roundtrip United Rewards tickets from SFO to Seoul in business.

On the way back, I'm flying on Asiana metal.
Business from Seoul to LAX then United from LAX to SFO.

I've got the Asiana specific reservation code on the United website but when I enter my reservation into the Asiana website AND iOS mobile app, I'm able to view my reservation but unable to select a seat. I really don't want to be shunted in the back row of business.

Am I missing something here?

This is what I'm seeing on the mobile app: No ability to do seat selection.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
MODS: Please merge with Asiana Seat Selection

OP, I don't have an answer for you. But it's an ongoing issue, so no need to start a new thread.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by RN29
Booked roundtrip United Rewards tickets from SFO to Seoul in business.

On the way back, I'm flying on Asiana metal.
Business from Seoul to LAX then United from LAX to SFO.

I've got the Asiana specific reservation code on the United website but when I enter my reservation into the Asiana website AND iOS mobile app, I'm able to view my reservation but unable to select a seat. I really don't want to be shunted in the back row of business.

Am I missing something here?

This is what I'm seeing on the mobile app: No ability to do seat selection.
I was also not able to select seats. They were selected for me since it was an award flight. But email them and providing Asiana with the confirmation code they were able to change seats for me.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:21 am

So 5 weeks ago I called and all seats were blocked because it was 5 weeks out. They said call back the day before the flight. Today they said "Because you travel tomorrow I cannot open the seat map."
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
So 5 weeks ago I called and all seats were blocked because it was 5 weeks out. They said call back the day before the flight. Today they said "Because you travel tomorrow I cannot open the seat map."
pretty sure you can check in online 24 hours out, including seat selection.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by sol95
pretty sure you can check in online 24 hours out, including seat selection.
Nevermind. Found it. 99% full, so I'm stuck next to the lav. I'm not delighted with this seat reservation system.

Last edited by giblet; Oct 26, 2017 at 11:08 am
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:14 am

Nevermind. Found it. 99% full, so I'm stuck next to the lav. I'm not delighted with this seat reservation system.
sigh... another user with issues. November 26th flight from SFO to Seoul, international flights should be able to select a year in advance.

United awards flight. No option to select on website or android app. No seat assigned yet either. Will try giving them a call soon.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:46 pm

I was able to select with a United business class award on Asiana. Looking at my old itinerary, I see my standard seat selection pattern. Unfortunately, it's been a year so I no longer recall the details, but it was on-line as I didn't have to call in.

I did have to extract the Asiana locator out of the United PNR.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:26 pm

Seems seat reservation is broken again. For about a year until July or august, it seemed to be working across the board, no matter how you made your reservation.

Now, it only seems to work for online purchases. I can select seats for an upcoming trip I purchased through the OZ website, but can't select/change seats for an itinerary I purchased by calling in to the office.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by sol95
Seems seat reservation is broken again. For about a year until July or august, it seemed to be working across the board, no matter how you made your reservation.

Now, it only seems to work for online purchases. I can select seats for an upcoming trip I purchased through the OZ website, but can't select/change seats for an itinerary I purchased by calling in to the office.
Seems to be working fine for me — no issue selecting seats for reservations that show "reservations place: non-online reservations" (one was from an OTA and the other was phoned in).
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: United 1K
I wasn’t able to reserve seats online using any of the methods listed here. I ended up calling Asiana to ensure that I got a window seat.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: United 1K
The methods discussed in this thread work when your ticket is on Asiana ticket stock, but not when it is on United ticket stock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.