Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Just booked an OZ award in F with United miles for 2.

The link to select seats is dead, so is the best practice now just to call and are they usually accommodating? Just want to make sure that as a couple we have 2 of the middle suites and aren't separated by some fluke (which happened to us on an award on Etihad...had to beg other passengers...not cool).

Or should I create an Asiana account and add the United award flight to that profile? Can that even be done?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I actually have two partner redemptions, both via redeemed via the same airline, and managed to log in for one of them with it on the My Reservation page.

You can enter the details on the right side 'reservation inquiry for guests'

If you manage to log in, it actually shows a lot of details - down to the number of miles used and the taxes amount paid. This one is booked as FirstnameMr Lastname.

However the second reservation has a slightly different in the format. And on CMT it shows up as Mr Firstname Last name.
I can't at all access this reservation and I keep getting the pop up that if you have a reservation booked via travel agent blah blah error.
I've probably tried all permutations of putting the last name / first name/ title, spaces / no spaces but it just doesnt work.

I'm sure we can figure this out. You guys should give it a try on the My Reservation page and see if you can access it.

The ticket that works is a direct flight out of Seoul, whereas the other one has two flights on it, not sure if that affects it somehow.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
If you have a TG segment as part of your itinerary that includes an OZ flight, you can usually use the same PNR and select seats on TG's website, including seats for your OZ segments.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:18 pm

LAX to ICN on OZ201

Hell all,

Do you guys know which side has a better view when flying over Japan on OZ201 flight?

I am currently booked on 19K and considering changing to left side if it offers better view.

Thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by asnkewlboy
Hell all,

Do you guys know which side has a better view when flying over Japan on OZ201 flight?

I am currently booked on 19K and considering changing to left side if it offers better view.

Thank you.
What do you mean by "better"? Besides, every flight has a slightly different flightpath, so you can't really predict which side would have the "better" view. I live in Sydney, and on my many flights to and from SIN, sometimes we have views of Uluru on the right, sometimes on the left, sometimes not at all.

But, your question could be moot, as, from memory, sometimes the flight doesn't actually fly over Japan at all.

Last edited by sol95; Jan 30, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
201 isn't going anywhere over Japan right now. But 202 however will fly over Japan currently. Tokyo and Mt. Fuji will be on your right side. But just be aware that the flight path can change depending on the weather. You can check flightaware.com to see recent flights.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:49 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by lsed
I actually have two partner redemptions, both via redeemed via the same airline, and managed to log in for one of them with it on the My Reservation page.

You can enter the details on the right side 'reservation inquiry for guests'

If you manage to log in, it actually shows a lot of details - down to the number of miles used and the taxes amount paid. This one is booked as FirstnameMr Lastname.

However the second reservation has a slightly different in the format. And on CMT it shows up as Mr Firstname Last name.
I can't at all access this reservation and I keep getting the pop up that if you have a reservation booked via travel agent blah blah error.
I've probably tried all permutations of putting the last name / first name/ title, spaces / no spaces but it just doesnt work.

I'm sure we can figure this out. You guys should give it a try on the My Reservation page and see if you can access it.

The ticket that works is a direct flight out of Seoul, whereas the other one has two flights on it, not sure if that affects it somehow.
This worked for me on an Aeroplan J award ticket for 2 (US-HKG on OZ, returning on TK) by using FirstnameMiddlenameMr as first name in Asiana's My Reservations page. (CMT also showed that as the first name for the reservation.)

Fortunate that this worked, too, because while I had previously called OZ for seat assignments, either they did it wrong or something changed after original assignment, and CMT showed me as being assigned to an aisle and middle seat rather than the preferable two seats together by the window. I was able to change to two seats together by the window after logging in through Asiana's My Reservations, and CMT now agrees that the seats have changed, so hopefully it will stick.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
ICN - MNL OZ701.

I can see this flight is operated by a 777-200.

However, looking at the business class, there is row 1 and 2, which is a 1-2-1 config, and then rows 5,6,7,8 which is a 2-3-2 config. And it is all business class. However, the only seats available in rows 1 and 2 is 2G and 2K, so I confirmed 2K. On Expertflyer, it says row 1 and 2 are lie-flat business, and 5,6,7,8 are angle-flat.

Is this correct? Why is there 2 kinds of business going on? Maybe it was originally a 3 class plane?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by benberg2013
ICN - MNL OZ701.

I can see this flight is operated by a 777-200.

However, looking at the business class, there is row 1 and 2, which is a 1-2-1 config, and then rows 5,6,7,8 which is a 2-3-2 config. And it is all business class. However, the only seats available in rows 1 and 2 is 2G and 2K, so I confirmed 2K. On Expertflyer, it says row 1 and 2 are lie-flat business, and 5,6,7,8 are angle-flat.

Is this correct? Why is there 2 kinds of business going on? Maybe it was originally a 3 class plane?
Sounds like you have a 772 with the old configuration, which usually only serves ICN-ORD: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...200-seats.html. This is sold as a 2-class flight and at least for ICN-ORD, it seems Asiana elite status and/or purchase of a more expensive business class ticket is required to select a seat in rows 1 or 2.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by kevino
If you have a TG segment as part of your itinerary that includes an OZ flight, you can usually use the same PNR and select seats on TG's website, including seats for your OZ segments.
I even managed to select seats on a two-flight Asiana only itinerary, utilizing the "My booking"-function on the Thai airways site. It could be of importance that as I am a *A gold elite member, this might have opened up some extra functionality not available to non-elite passengers.

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Feb 21, 2016 at 2:42 am
Old Feb 22, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
As Snacky posted, I just checked and selected seats on OZ itineraries w/o any Thai segments using my OZ PNR and the Thai "My Booking" function.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPpete
As Snacky posted, I just checked and selected seats on OZ itineraries w/o any Thai segments using my OZ PNR and the Thai "My Booking" function.
I attempted to look my reservation up through Thai Airways but received an error. Did you have to enter anything in addition to your last name such as MR?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Just as a follow up, I originally couldn't change seats on Thai or Asiana's website for an itinerary that consisted of both Asiana and United flights. I ended up switching to a direct flight on Asiana and was then able to select a seat on Asiana's website using just LAST + FIRST with no MR needed.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by atlion25
I attempted to look my reservation up through Thai Airways but received an error. Did you have to enter anything in addition to your last name such as MR?
No, just the PNR and my last name. Are you sure you have a PNR generated by an Amadeus booking engine? And, are you a *A gold elite member, and if so, did you already put your valid elite membership number into the original booking or manage to update your booking with that number later?

Snacky
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Snacks, whereabouts are you located? This could possibly be a regional thing...I tried with one of my upcoming bookings and it didn't work from here in Sydney.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.