Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Club Family Mileage Plan

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Vexed by a very simple question

My dad has an Asiana account and wants to issue an award ticket for me. We have the same last name.

I don't want to do a family pooling account. And if I open an account, I will have zero miles and all the miles would come from him. (Mysteriously, it says in the plan guide: "If the passenger’s own remaining miles is 0 miles, then family miles may not be added to this passenger’s account.") . This seem to imply that if I have no miles of my own, I can't issue a ticket under the family mileage plan. But can my father issue a ticket in my name from his account?

I'm very familiar with ANA, JAL, and Korean programs and they just let you straight up issue a ticket for an immediate family member. Does Asiana allow this or not? Baffling...

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by kayexalate
Maybe this wasn't the case when you applied but I was able to submit everything on the website and attach them as documents. We will see if that works properly.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Just a data point:

Submitted paperwork on 6/3. I used our tax returns as a way to show we were all family (myself, my daughter, and my wife). I blacked out the last 7 of our socials per the website instructions. I also submitted the family plan application.

On 6/4 I got a an email saying they needed photo id. It was a standard email where they put an "x" next to the part that you were missing.

On 6/5 I emailed in photo copies of our passports as well as our family plan application and tax form that was already submitted to [email protected].

On 6/6 got an email saying everything was received and my request was approved.

Today (6/7) I logged in and see my wife and daughter listed in the family plan section.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Global Mercenary
Does anyone know if Family mileage pooling on asiana also pools status miles? For example, egypt air allows all miles of family be applied to status of head of household. A family of four roundtrip in business can end up netting you *A gold in one shot.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
No, it does not. It is just pooled for the miles redemption as far as I know.
They also have some rules about the receiving person needing to have at least some miles so that we can use partial miles from multiple persons in the family.
Otherwise, one person has to transfer all the miles (not multiple persons), etc etc...
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vj_rama
Does anyone know if Family mileage pooling on asiana also pools status miles? For example, egypt air allows all miles of family be applied to status of head of household. A family of four roundtrip in business can end up netting you *A gold in one shot.
No, only award miles. (I do the family pooling)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:20 pm

So... about the whole last 6 months ID thing. I'm looking to add my mom, dad, and little brother (10 years old) to my account. How do I get documentation to prove we're family in the last 6 months?? I have my parents marriage certificate, my birth certificate, and my brother's birth certificate but none of these were issued in the last 6 months... I'm in Ontario, Canada if that matters.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Some of the docs I submitted were over 6 months old (birth certificates etc). Asiana accepted these. YMMV.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wyvern
Some of the docs I submitted were over 6 months old (birth certificates etc). Asiana accepted these. YMMV.
Same. I don't think it's really enforced.
Old May 24, 2023, 6:16 pm

There are 4 of us in the Plan. The first tow each has 10,000 miles, 3rd one has 90,000 miles and 4th one has 120,000 miles. If the 3rd member wants to redeem an award ticket costing 100,000 miles, where will the extra 10,000 miles come from? Can we specifically request the 10,000 miles be deducted from a specific member ie the first or 2nd members?
Old May 24, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by canadianidol
There are 4 of us in the Plan. The first tow each has 10,000 miles, 3rd one has 90,000 miles and 4th one has 120,000 miles. If the 3rd member wants to redeem an award ticket costing 100,000 miles, where will the extra 10,000 miles come from? Can we specifically request the 10,000 miles be deducted from a specific member ie the first or 2nd members?
It does not seem to follow any particular pattern, eg, taking miles that expire first.

What I would suggest is that you make the booking from your account #1 or #2, guaranteeing that you will use that account up.
Old May 27, 2023, 7:21 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
If you use the online booking tool, you can choose which member in the FMP to deduct the remaining miles.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 7:29 pm

are you allowed to add brother or sister-in-law to the family mileage plan? How about grandchildren? When I added my spouse which has a different last name from me, they didn't ask for any supporting documentation.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
are you allowed to add brother or sister-in-law to the family mileage plan? How about grandchildren? When I added my spouse which has a different last name from me, they didn't ask for any supporting documentation.
They did not? That's unusual. They ask for quite a lot of documentation in my memory.

I think you can go to your parents and children so not sure for brother or sister in law. Just son/daughter in law.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Scope of registration
The family representative’s spouse, children, parents, paternal/maternal grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, son in law, daughter in law, and parents of spouse
https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/conten...leage-transfer
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.