Asiana Club Family Mileage Plan

Old May 16, 16, 10:54 pm

I wanted to know what other peoples experiences are adding on family members to their family plan

I have four people in my family including myself (me, my spouse and 2 kids). I was able to add the three family members no problem.

I know you can have up to 5 members (including yourself)

I tried to add my father, but kept getting an error. I sent Asiana Club an email to inquire why I could not add him, and their response was something unclear.

They said my father has my mother added to his account.

Does that mean because he has one person added to his account, he cannot be part of mine?

So one cannot be in two peoples family plans?

If so, I if my father tried to add me to his family plan (he only has one person besides himself, and that is not me), would I be able to use his miles?

Or only he use my miles? or neither?

Looked on Asiana's website and it's no help. Their customer service wasn't much help either.

Last edited by kayexalate; May 16, 16 at 11:00 pm
Old May 17, 16, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
I don't think you can merge 2 family accounts together - the only way I can imagine that would work is your father detach his family account from your mother. So that he can be without a family account, after that you can add him into yours, then hopefully you'll have access to his miles.
Old Sep 19, 16, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm wondering about the proof of family relationship. What kind of document did you guys submit, and did it really have to be one "that has been issued within six months"? In my case the birth certificate was notarized and translated a decade ago. Does that mean I need to do it again for Asiana?
Old Sep 20, 16, 8:38 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by italdesign View Post
I'm wondering about the proof of family relationship. What kind of document did you guys submit, and did it really have to be one "that has been issued within six months"? In my case the birth certificate was notarized and translated a decade ago. Does that mean I need to do it again for Asiana?
When I called and talked to them yesterday, the person said to send in the first page of my tax return (with SSN, etc. redacted). This showed my spouse and my children.

I can't confirm that it worked because the registration has not gone through yet, but that seemed easier than trying to piece together copies of birth certificates and marriage licenses.
Old Sep 21, 16, 7:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by italdesign View Post
It's a bit discretionary I think. I added my wife to my account right after we got married and before the marriage certificate was even issued. I handed in a certificate saying that the marriage had been validly applied for (the marriage certificate took about a week to process). The person in Asiana's Seoul office looked at it and had no idea if it would be acceptable because their guideline apparently calls for a marriage certificate, but a quick call to her supervisor solved the issue.

So much for there being some flexibility in general. Regarding the 6 month period, I can see them being strict with something like a marriage certificate that is not necessarily permanent, but they might well be reasoned with when it comes to a birth certificate (you cannot be "unborn" after all).
Old Sep 23, 16, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by jon503 View Post
It's a bit discretionary I think. I added my wife to my account right after we got married and before the marriage certificate was even issued. I handed in a certificate saying that the marriage had been validly applied for (the marriage certificate took about a week to process). The person in Asiana's Seoul office looked at it and had no idea if it would be acceptable because their guideline apparently calls for a marriage certificate, but a quick call to her supervisor solved the issue.
Agreed. Did something similar - just that we hadn't even gotten married yet. So I sent in the confirmation letter from the registrar's office, stating the date and time we were to get married a month or so later. Went through. ^
Old Oct 25, 16, 10:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SPG/Marriott/HHonors Gold, *A Gold (SAS EuroBonus)
Anyone have experience adding an (adult) sibling to their family plan? I may want to book an award for my brother in the next month or so. Would both of our (US) passports be sufficient, or would they need birth certificates (hopefully not from "the last 6 months"!?)?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 17, 10:22 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by kayexalate View Post
I wanted to know what other peoples experiences are adding on family members to their family plan

Looked on Asiana's website and it's no help. Their customer service wasn't much help either.
Is there an email address to send in the Family Mileage Plan registration form or do I really have to blow the dust off the fax machine?
Old Jul 21, 17, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by davistev View Post
Is there an email address to send in the Family Mileage Plan registration form or do I really have to blow the dust off the fax machine?
[email protected]
Old May 15, 18, 2:22 pm

Just want to book a flight for me and my girlfriend with my miles- Asiana won't let me do this, although we live together but not married ... Anyone an Idea how i can find a solution for this ? best wishes
Old May 15, 18, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by cs1985 View Post
Just want to book a flight for me and my girlfriend with my miles- Asiana won't let me do this, although we live together but not married ... Anyone an Idea how i can find a solution for this ? best wishes
See post #20 and #21 upthread. They do accept what's called a "notice of intended marriage" here and there might be a similar thing where you are based. Check how easy it is to cancel the appointment later on. If we're talking two TPACs in J worth >5K USD it might just be worth the trouble.
Old May 15, 18, 10:29 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Anyone an Idea how i can find a solution for this ? best wishes
Get married
Gasolin likes this.
Old May 16, 18, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by THD View Post

Get married
good idea but won't help for a flight in the next week ;-)
Old May 17, 18, 1:33 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
good idea but won't help for a flight in the next week ;-)
Are you anywhere near LAS??

LAX
zeer0 likes this.
Old May 18, 18, 3:46 am

Unfortunately based in Europe.

Search this Thread