FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1164955-quadra-smartium-business-lie-flat-routes-consolidated.html)

DownUnderFlyer Mar 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown (Post 16118094)
No change to Y. But quadra smart J means guaranteed AVOD in all classes which is way much better than PTV on many other 777s.

And the people in Y get the added benefit of knowing that the people in the front will get a good nights sleep. That should make them feel real good. ;)

ande777emt Mar 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown (Post 16118094)
No change to Y. But quadra smart J means guaranteed AVOD in all classes which is way much better than PTV on many other 777s.

QS planes get new OZ seats with larger IFE screen and AVOD, and IME I think the newer seats are a bit more comfortable and offer one of the best sleeps in whY.

stupidhead Mar 30, 2011 5:44 am

Originally Posted by ande777emt (Post 16126100)
QS planes get new OZ seats with larger IFE screen and AVOD, and IME I think the newer seats are a bit more comfortable and offer one of the best sleeps in whY.

I flew one of the QS planes last year SFO-ICN and it had the old seats in Y. If they were going to change the Y product I'd think they'd be smart enough to do it when the plane was in for the J change.

ande777emt Apr 1, 2011 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by stupidhead (Post 16127177)
I flew one of the QS planes last year SFO-ICN and it had the old seats in Y. If they were going to change the Y product I'd think they'd be smart enough to do it when the plane was in for the J change.

So are they using the old monitors/seats for AVOD? According to OZ all QS planes have AVOD in Y.

stupidhead Apr 1, 2011 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt (Post 16145080)
So are they using the old monitors/seats for AVOD? According to OZ all QS planes have AVOD in Y.

Apparently, because the Y seats I flew in were the old ones. I could have sworn it was QS up front but then maybe not, I flew it in July 2010.

ande777emt Apr 1, 2011 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by stupidhead (Post 16145176)
Apparently, because the Y seats I flew in were the old ones. I could have sworn it was QS up front but then maybe not, I flew it in July 2010.

I don't think QS was on SFO-ICN until after August as the press releases were in August last year; I'm thinking your plane probably had old C and Y.

stephem Apr 2, 2011 6:16 pm

Great news for those of us buying business class tix as there are west coast USA to pretty much anywhere in Asia for mid-$4k range, including the SFO and LAX routes with the new seats. I snagged SFO-ICN-HGH and PEK-ICN-LAX with all but the ICN-HGH segment in the new seat, for $4660.

stupidhead Apr 2, 2011 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt (Post 16145244)
I don't think QS was on SFO-ICN until after August as the press releases were in August last year; I'm thinking your plane probably had old C and Y.

I distinctly remember seeing the QS seatmap on the online seat selector but then again, it was 9 months ago so my memory is pretty foggy. But my plane definitely had old Y.

Endesu Apr 6, 2011 9:59 pm

Flew ICN-PEK this morning on 772 and got bumped up to C with QS seating, a first time for me since I never fly to the US.

Nice enough seat, especially liked the big table that is used as a screen when you want privacy. However, I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably on long-haul (am 188cm). Screen also not the best when cabin was bright, but the new AVOD menu is better than then one on 747 etc.
Not too impressed really, and my seat was already a bit worn and felt flimsy.

But a great touch with the new over the shoulder seatbelts that I didn't know how to fasten, so the stewardess almost had to sit on my lap to fasten it :D

1kBill Apr 7, 2011 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Endesu (Post 16174481)
But a great touch with the new over the shoulder seatbelts that I didn't know how to fasten, so the stewardess almost had to sit on my lap to fasten it :D

Interesting. Did they require you to wear the shoulder belt?

On my flight a few weeks ago, I did notice the slot (?) near the top of the seat back for a shoulder belt, but I did not see any actual belt. And there was no mention of it in the safety video.

ande777emt Apr 8, 2011 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill (Post 16176524)

On my flight a few weeks ago, I did notice the slot (?) near the top of the seat back for a shoulder belt, but I did not see any actual belt. And there was no mention of it in the safety video.

On my QS flight it wasn't enforced, they just looked across you lap and nodded. Granted it wasn't too long after QS came out.

Endesu Apr 10, 2011 8:25 am

Originally Posted by 1kBill (Post 16176524)

Yes, they required all passengers to wear it on this flight at least.
Good thing I'm a bit clumsy:D

wolvie007 Apr 24, 2011 8:09 am

LAX in F or SFO in J???

Have a choice of flying ICN-LAX in F or ICN-SFO in J (QS in May as far as I know). Connecting onwards so gateway doesn't really matter but flight experience does...

Which one is better?

ande777emt Apr 24, 2011 9:24 am

Originally Posted by wolvie007 (Post 16271283)
Have a choice of flying ICN-LAX in F or ICN-SFO in J (QS in May as far as I know). Connecting onwards so gateway doesn't really matter but flight experience does...

Which one is better?

OZ F, although customs at LAX will suck, both seats are comfortable but OZ F catering and service are definitely better than OZ C catering/service. Since the flying experience is only what matters, I'd say do OZ F on the 744.

mjgodden Apr 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Anyone able to advise if Asiana has kept to the roll out flight schedule of the new C seats as posted on their site? I am scheduled to be on the first LHR-ICN departure on 1st June. Have requested seats and they advised that it wasn't a Smartium aircraft but am hoping that they just haven't updated the seat map. Anyone out there with additional data points?

Mark