FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1164955-quadra-smartium-business-lie-flat-routes-consolidated.html)

CalRef Nov 5, 17 10:03 am

ICN-SIN?
 
Has anyone flown this route recently? We are in J the first week of December and it still shows the old seat configuration. Would love the upgraded seats after 12+ hours from LAX. Thanks.

mcmichi Nov 29, 17 5:50 am

ICN-HNL
 
I would like to ask whether OZ 232/231 have Quadra Smartium now.
On the Asiana website it says that it's a 77L with no Smartium class. But Expertflyer gives a Smartium business class seating chart.
After reading this threat it seems like 77L all have Smartium class, but still confused, does anyone know what type of seats they offer to Honolulu.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e6ddb83ea7.png

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c878309e60.png

zeer0 Dec 2, 17 1:05 am


Originally Posted by mcmichi (Post 29113084)
I would like to ask whether OZ 232/231 have Quadra Smartium now.
On the Asiana website it says that it's a 77L with no Smartium class. But Expertflyer gives a Smartium business class seating chart.
After reading this threat it seems like 77L all have Smartium class, but still confused, does anyone know what type of seats they offer to Honolulu.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e6ddb83ea7.png

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c878309e60.png

That seatmap is the Smartium layout. However, you have to remember OZ likes to swap new and old 777's, and is especially partial to doing so on leisure routes such as HNL.

bobbybrown Dec 2, 17 12:18 pm

Out of two old 777, one has already left and the other one will leave soon (Jan 2018). Then all 777 will be smartium.

The problem is, there's always a chance that any 777 flight can be swapped into lie-flat equipped 747 or 333.

bobbybrown Dec 13, 17 10:45 pm

Update: the last non-AVOD, angled business class 777 finished operation as Asiana. All 777 are now Smartium, but there's always a chance that 333 or 747 replace your flight.

Xianghua Wu Dec 17, 17 8:38 am

ICN to HNL aircraft
 
I am planning to fly this route in Dec 2018. I ve tried a few dummy bookings amd it seems like they are using a 777 only until oct 2018, after that the aircraft type changes to a a330. Is this going to happen, or is it that the website hasnt been updated? I really dont wish to fly on the old a330.

Taoyuan Dec 17, 17 11:37 am


Originally Posted by Xianghua Wu (Post 29184213)
I am planning to fly this route in Dec 2018. I ve tried a few dummy bookings amd it seems like they are using a 777 only until oct 2018, after that the aircraft type changes to a a330. Is this going to happen, or is it that the website hasnt been updated? I really dont wish to fly on the old a330.

I've noticed some 330s later on the schedule too. Their website lists HNL as a Smartium route now so I hope that means a commitment to scheduling a better aircraft once the schedule firms out.

CalRef Dec 17, 17 8:16 pm

We flew ICN-SIN on OZ 753 on December 3, 2018. The equipment was the old J on a 330. Very uncomfortable.

CalRef Dec 17, 17 8:17 pm

I mean 12-23-2017

CalRef Dec 17, 17 8:17 pm

Last try-December 3, 2017.

Transpacificflyer Dec 18, 17 5:46 pm


Originally Posted by CalRef (Post 29186427)
We flew ICN-SIN on OZ 753 on December 3, 2018. The equipment was the old J on a 330. Very uncomfortable.

Welcome to the misery on the ICN-BKK route. :( This explains in part why the route often has lots of empty seats in J.

Tokyoite Apr 16, 18 8:00 am


Originally Posted by CalRef (Post 29186427)
We flew ICN-SIN on OZ 753 on December 3, 2017. The equipment was the old J on a 330. Very uncomfortable.

oh no! im on that route later in the year

nme7 Apr 16, 18 12:07 pm

Very uncomfortable? What does that make Y? A torture chamber? Surely your experience in J was better than anything in Y.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:16 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.