Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Old Sep 6, 17, 2:19 am
  #751  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Seoul
Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Plat
Posts: 939
I have the 350 on my ICN-HAN route during Chuseok. I think it's mostly flying "short" routes for now.
warrenw is offline  
Old Sep 6, 17, 4:52 am
  #752  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MYOFB
Posts: 4,035
Originally Posted by sol95 View Post
SYD-ICN will revert back to 772 with Smartium at the latest by the start of April. I have a trip in Dec-Jan is A380, while my trip in the first week of April is a Smartium-equipped 772

I was hoping they'd fly the a350 on the ICN-SYD route, but that's just wishful thinking on my part :P
They'll have 4 A350s by the end of the year...does anyone know where the other two will be going? The first two I think are scheduled for SFO.
stupidhead is offline  
Old Sep 6, 17, 6:22 am
  #753  
THD
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SYD or GOT
Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Posts: 778
Winter European schedule update today shows A350 heading to LHR.
THD is offline  
Old Sep 6, 17, 10:50 am
  #754  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 300
In doing a test booking for Business on OZ736 SGN-ICN for next summer, I see a 3-class 777 with ability to select seat in the "first" class section. Good plane to take ? It departs after midnight so able to sleep is paramount... TIA
Virginia Emery is offline  
Old Sep 6, 17, 1:32 pm
  #755  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
Posts: 714
My luck...ICN-SYD for my dates moved to 77L.
Taoyuan is offline  
Old Sep 6, 17, 5:54 pm
  #756  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SYD
Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Accor Gold
Posts: 911
Originally Posted by Taoyuan View Post
My luck...ICN-SYD for my dates moved to 77L.
it's still full-flat with smartium seats. be grateful that it's not the a330 which used to get scheduled on the ICN-SYD route for the Australian winter months.
sol95 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 17, 5:59 pm
  #757  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
Posts: 714
Originally Posted by sol95 View Post
it's still full-flat with smartium seats. be grateful that it's not the a330 which used to get scheduled on the ICN-SYD route for the Australian winter months.
Definitely a bummer to miss the 380 by just a few days. 77L would be good if it works out, but I get nervous about aircraft swaps and such. Will find out in 6 months I suppose
Taoyuan is offline  
Old Sep 14, 17, 1:14 am
  #758  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
Posts: 714
LHR-ICN flown by 772 today. I get that they have heavy fleet utilization, but that's pretty bad.
Taoyuan is offline  
Old Oct 26, 17, 11:28 am
  #759  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 330
Lucky from onemileatatime wrote a quick review on this. Any thoughts?

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...usiness-class/
petey2428 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 17, 2:38 am
  #760  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
Posts: 714
According to flightaware the first JFK run on the 777 went out as 772. Ouch!
Taoyuan is offline  
Old Nov 2, 17, 10:01 pm
  #761  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: AC,OZ Diamond
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by petey2428 View Post
Lucky from onemileatatime wrote a quick review on this. Any thoughts?

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...usiness-class/
Yup, flew the same route earlier this year in the spring. I'm inclined to agree with Lucky on pretty much everything. While seated, the seats are fine/good. But they're not great for sleeping. I don't find them as comfortable as some other airlines and I also find the cabin way too warm for my liking, so that made it worse.

The service was the best part, on par with the Japanese airlines. The food is decent, but my favorite is still a nice bowl of ramyun
izikk is offline  
Old Nov 3, 17, 9:13 am
  #762  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 426
Originally Posted by izikk View Post
Yup, flew the same route earlier this year in the spring. I'm inclined to agree with Lucky on pretty much everything. While seated, the seats are fine/good. But they're not great for sleeping. I don't find them as comfortable as some other airlines and I also find the cabin way too warm for my liking, so that made it worse.

The service was the best part, on par with the Japanese airlines. The food is decent, but my favorite is still a nice bowl of ramyun
I just don't get the hype of instant noodles on plane. I mean I can buy Ramyun at H-mart for less than $1 per pack.
IamHungry is offline  
Old Nov 3, 17, 6:54 pm
  #763  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by IamHungry View Post
I just don't get the hype of instant noodles on plane. I mean I can buy Ramyun at H-mart for less than $1 per pack.
me neither. I donít understand why people consider having $1 instant ramen in business class a treat. I can easily bring cup ramyun on economy and itís prob just as good
petey2428 is offline  
Old Nov 4, 17, 2:52 am
  #764  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seoul
Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by petey2428 View Post
me neither. I donít understand why people consider having $1 instant ramen in business class a treat. I can easily bring cup ramyun on economy and itís prob just as good
Because of all the hype I made sure to order some on my first OZ business flight even though I wasn't really hungry. I had Shin Ramyun Black which tasted (maybe?) a bit better than normal, but really nothing to write home about.

I wonder if it's something like the hype around tomato juice? They say some things taste better in the air due to altitude, pressure, etc. Never been blown away by airline tomato juice either though. All I can say is that I don't like eggs in the air - they seem to turn out dry rubbery across all airlines I've flown. I've taken to avoiding eggs entirely on planes.
jon503 is offline  
Old Nov 4, 17, 3:27 am
  #765  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Seoul
Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Plat
Posts: 939
It's in a glass bowl and sometimes they add stuff into it. And there's something comforting about eating Ramen... It's a great midflight snack.
warrenw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: