FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1164955-quadra-smartium-business-lie-flat-routes-consolidated.html)

warrenw Sep 6, 17 1:19 am

I have the 350 on my ICN-HAN route during Chuseok. I think it's mostly flying "short" routes for now.

stupidhead Sep 6, 17 3:52 am

Originally Posted by sol95 (Post 28780943)
SYD-ICN will revert back to 772 with Smartium at the latest by the start of April. I have a trip in Dec-Jan is A380, while my trip in the first week of April is a Smartium-equipped 772

I was hoping they'd fly the a350 on the ICN-SYD route, but that's just wishful thinking on my part :P

They'll have 4 A350s by the end of the year...does anyone know where the other two will be going? The first two I think are scheduled for SFO.

THD Sep 6, 17 5:22 am

Winter European schedule update today shows A350 heading to LHR.

Virginia Emery Sep 6, 17 9:50 am

In doing a test booking for Business on OZ736 SGN-ICN for next summer, I see a 3-class 777 with ability to select seat in the "first" class section. Good plane to take ? It departs after midnight so able to sleep is paramount... TIA

Taoyuan Sep 6, 17 12:32 pm

My luck...ICN-SYD for my dates moved to 77L.

sol95 Sep 6, 17 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Taoyuan (Post 28784332)
My luck...ICN-SYD for my dates moved to 77L.

it's still full-flat with smartium seats. be grateful that it's not the a330 which used to get scheduled on the ICN-SYD route for the Australian winter months. :p

Taoyuan Sep 6, 17 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by sol95 (Post 28785503)
it's still full-flat with smartium seats. be grateful that it's not the a330 which used to get scheduled on the ICN-SYD route for the Australian winter months. :p

Definitely a bummer to miss the 380 by just a few days. 77L would be good if it works out, but I get nervous about aircraft swaps and such. Will find out in 6 months I suppose :)

Taoyuan Sep 14, 17 12:14 am

LHR-ICN flown by 772 today. I get that they have heavy fleet utilization, but that's pretty bad.

petey2428 Oct 26, 17 10:28 am

Lucky from onemileatatime wrote a quick review on this. Any thoughts?

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...usiness-class/

Taoyuan Oct 29, 17 1:38 am

According to flightaware the first JFK run on the 777 went out as 772. Ouch!

izikk Nov 2, 17 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by petey2428 (Post 28979930)
Lucky from onemileatatime wrote a quick review on this. Any thoughts?

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...usiness-class/

Yup, flew the same route earlier this year in the spring. I'm inclined to agree with Lucky on pretty much everything. While seated, the seats are fine/good. But they're not great for sleeping. I don't find them as comfortable as some other airlines and I also find the cabin way too warm for my liking, so that made it worse.

The service was the best part, on par with the Japanese airlines. The food is decent, but my favorite is still a nice bowl of ramyun ;)

IamHungry Nov 3, 17 8:13 am

Originally Posted by izikk (Post 29011869)
Yup, flew the same route earlier this year in the spring. I'm inclined to agree with Lucky on pretty much everything. While seated, the seats are fine/good. But they're not great for sleeping. I don't find them as comfortable as some other airlines and I also find the cabin way too warm for my liking, so that made it worse.

The service was the best part, on par with the Japanese airlines. The food is decent, but my favorite is still a nice bowl of ramyun ;)

I just don't get the hype of instant noodles on plane. I mean I can buy Ramyun at H-mart for less than $1 per pack.

petey2428 Nov 3, 17 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by IamHungry (Post 29013413)
I just don't get the hype of instant noodles on plane. I mean I can buy Ramyun at H-mart for less than $1 per pack.

me neither. I donít understand why people consider having $1 instant ramen in business class a treat. I can easily bring cup ramyun on economy and itís prob just as good

jon503 Nov 4, 17 1:52 am

Originally Posted by petey2428 (Post 29015632)
me neither. I donít understand why people consider having $1 instant ramen in business class a treat. I can easily bring cup ramyun on economy and itís prob just as good

Because of all the hype I made sure to order some on my first OZ business flight even though I wasn't really hungry. I had Shin Ramyun Black which tasted (maybe?) a bit better than normal, but really nothing to write home about.

I wonder if it's something like the hype around tomato juice? They say some things taste better in the air due to altitude, pressure, etc. Never been blown away by airline tomato juice either though. All I can say is that I don't like eggs in the air - they seem to turn out dry rubbery across all airlines I've flown. I've taken to avoiding eggs entirely on planes.

warrenw Nov 4, 17 2:27 am

It's in a glass bowl and sometimes they add stuff into it. And there's something comforting about eating Ramen... It's a great midflight snack.