FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1164955-quadra-smartium-business-lie-flat-routes-consolidated.html)

ORDnHKG Feb 20, 11 10:34 am

Originally Posted by bobbybrown (Post 15898889)
That will leave all other routes consistently have non-AVOD and non-Quadra 777: SYD,CDG,LHR,ORD, and IST, as long as they don't refurbish anymore. Asiana will not add any more 777 this year (2011). So that's all.

So it is basically saying they will only reconfig those 2 class 777 that has AVOD, and those don't have AVOD will remain untouch then.

I do wonder after all these are done, are they going to move on to 3 class 777 or 747 ?

thekidisback Feb 20, 11 1:50 pm

they need to start replacing the economy class seats in their 772's with the small ptv's too!

bobbybrown Feb 20, 11 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 15899171)
So it is basically saying they will only reconfig those 2 class 777 that has AVOD, and those don't have AVOD will remain untouch then.

That's my understanding (5 non-AVOD 777s are to be untouched). This may go this way for the next 3 years, until 380s and 350s come. OZ has 2 more 777s to come in between, which may (heard from somewhere) have 3-class quadra product, which is again a new config.

stupidhead Feb 20, 11 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by thekidisback (Post 15900156)
they need to start replacing the economy class seats in their 772's with the small ptv's too!

Yeah, that too. Their Y product is really falling behind KE.

LAX Feb 20, 11 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by stupidhead (Post 15900848)
Yeah, that too. Their Y product is really falling behind KE.

Maybe we (*A) should swap OZ for KE??:D

LAX

stupidhead Feb 20, 11 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by LAX (Post 15901052)
Maybe we (*A) should swap OZ for KE??:D

LAX

Why not, as long as KE's willing to status match my OZ Gold. *A is the only reason I fly OZ anyways.

Then again, I don't see KE leaving Skyteam since it was one of the founding members.

LAX Feb 20, 11 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by stupidhead (Post 15901420)
Why not, as long as KE's willing to status match my OZ Gold. *A is the only reason I fly OZ anyways.

Then again, I don't see KE leaving Skyteam since it was one of the founding members.

I didn't realize KE is one of the founding members of ST. In any event, I actually find OZ better than all of the US-based carriers, so it's definitely good enough for me. If it weren't for the 70% EQM/RDM earning on lower fare classes, I would choose to fly OZ more often.

LAX

YorkieFlyer Feb 26, 11 5:10 am

Originally Posted by DaveSFO (Post 15898755)
I found this article in the Australian Business Traveller website:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/asiana-s-bus...eoul-next-year

According to this article, the quadra smartium seats will be extended to London, Paris, New York, and Sydney by the end of 2011.

I rang Asiana res yesterday to reserve seats in J for redemption booking in Jan 2012 and was told that they will know in May about the likelyhood of the new seats on ICN to LHR

adlibitum Mar 1, 11 10:49 pm

SFO all Quadra after May?

Originally Posted by bobbybrown (Post 15898889)
Thanks for the link, and you got it translated correctly. At this point I can confirm that 7x SFO route will have Quadra seat for sure. LAX still shows 3x only, but I assume it will be updated soon.

Is this based on some inside information, besides article quoted above?

anchor79 Mar 5, 11 2:28 pm

Starting 4/1. OZ 107 switched equipment from A333 to 777. Does that means I may be lucky enough to be on one of those new Quadra seats or those may be the older 772s with no AVOD :(

N751PR Mar 8, 11 12:33 am

Originally Posted by sdcarver (Post 15866111)

Thanks for the link, sdcarver! Looks like one of the refitted 772s will be doing OZ333 to PEK on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays...while unfortunately I'll be flying out on a Thursday. Blast! :(

DH77024 Mar 9, 11 8:36 am

My LAX-ICN flight of June 8, which originally had the old-style C class seatmap, recently changed to the QS seatmap.

June 8 is a Thursday flight, which is not identified as a QS flight in the current schedule effective to March 26.

So this appears to be empirical evidence that either (1) OZ plans to shift QS flights LAX-ICN to different days, or (2) expand QS service LAX-ICN to more days in June.

bobbybrown Mar 9, 11 9:36 am

In fact from June, all 777 flights to LAX and SFO now show quadra business class. To/From SFO, all flights are now secured with this product.

For LAX, OZ 203/204 only (all dates/days are based on ICN departure. Should be next day from LAX)
Now - Apr 23rd: only the days when there's no SFO flight will see quadra seats. Thus, Mo/Th/Sa till late March, Mo/Th from late March since when OZ adds Saturday SFO flight.
Apr 24th - May 20th: 6xw except Friday flights (Saturday from LAX).
May 21st and after: daily

Source: asiana award redemption website. Quadra product requires more miles, so OZ clearly marks these flights.

AZ Travels the World Mar 9, 11 9:48 am

Originally Posted by bobbybrown (Post 16002591)
Source: asiana award redemption website. Quadra product requires more miles, so OZ clearly marks these flights.

That's great to know -- thanks! ^

airlineaddict Mar 9, 11 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown (Post 16002591)
In fact from June, all 777 flights to LAX and SFO now show quadra business class. To/From SFO, all flights are now secured with this product.

For LAX, OZ 203/204 only (all dates/days are based on ICN departure. Should be next day from LAX)
Now - Apr 23rd: only the days when there's no SFO flight will see quadra seats. Thus, Mo/Th/Sa till late March, Mo/Th from late March since when OZ adds Saturday SFO flight.
Apr 24th - May 20th: 6xw except Friday flights (Saturday from LAX).
May 21st and after: daily

Pulled up my flights in July LAX-ICN-LAX on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Sure enough Quadra layout is shown.

I noticed that on both my flights, I could only reserve Seats 3A&K, Row 4 and Row 5 A&K. Was hoping to snag one of the middle seats that are together since I'm traveling with my wife. Anyone else running into the same issue?