FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1164955-quadra-smartium-business-lie-flat-routes-consolidated.html)

1kBill Sep 3, 2012 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 19247698)
Well at least AVOD to be honest although the flat bed would be nice. What type of IFE is in the business class section of their 744 service to ICN? Overhead projectors? lol

OZ 744 have AVOD. I find the selection somewhat limited compared to USA carriers AVOD, but I think that is in large part due to the fact that OZ caters to much broader international clientele relative to their overall pax count than say UA, DL or AA.

It's those (*&$^ slanted seats I can't stand.

ORDnHKG Sep 4, 2012 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 19246508)
Thanks for the info. I will find a different carrier. Non lay flats in C over the pacific isn't acceptable.

There is on OZ 203 which is 777, which will have horizontal flat in C, why must you have to fly on the 747 ?

heredity4me Sep 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I have booked a flight ICN to ORD in business class. Looks like it's either their newest set-up or the absolute oldest. No AVOD! That is crazy. Right now it appears I will be flying on one of the old planes HL7732 or HL7700. The flight is not until April 28th. Just wondering this far out if it still pretty likely I will be flying with the old business or are shifts likely so that the HL8254 with Smartium (which seems to fly the route most often) might show-up? No chance? some chance? decent chance?

jbfield Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

I was on ICN-LHR recently and about a month before the flight the schedule changed such that the departure and arrival times got revised to a later time (making for quite a short connection to my onward transport). I presume the aircraft also got swapped and ended up on HL7700.

Certainly it was old, no AVOD, just a tape on loop with poor selection of films. One of the "Hollywood" films was Men in Black; not exactly a recent release!. I ended up using my laptop for my own entertainment in the end (fortunately in-seat power worked). As it was, I came in on a regional OZ flight prior and that aircraft had AVOD, just that it didn't work at all until the last 40 mins of the flight once it was finally rebooted! The other issue I noticed was the C cabin was 2-3-2 and being a full flight, there were people in the centre business seat. I thought that was unacceptable for a long haul C offering!

I've never found their seats comfortable for sleeping and always thought the cabin to be uncomfortably warm.

I think between now and 28th April anything could change, but it could change more than once, so I wouldn't count on anything if I were you. I'll be flying around the same time and dreading what I'll find as I'll be the first time in C for my other half.

Note that I'm not sure the international clientèle is necessarially relevant; I don't find a lot of the product/service geared up for non-Korean preferences. Once you get beyond the shiny silver cutlery, there isn't much choice and whht you do get is a bit standard.
I think if they hadn't splashed Quadra Smartium advertising around and then started switching aircraft it wouldn't be so bad, but as it is they're breaking customer expectations.

greatskywalk Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Quadra Smartium to London

Dear all,
Tried to find updated information in this thread when QS is offered on ICN-LHR route and back. Couldn't find it. Maybe I oversaw it, but would it be possible to have and updated list of flights that has QS at the beginning of the thread or in the FAQ part? As always, Asiana homepage is not a big help....
Would really appreciate these info. Thanks!

barney78 Sep 23, 2012 5:03 am

Found this one:

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/EU/en...rchWrd=&page=1

ok2uselane Oct 10, 2012 9:01 am

I'm curious to see how they're going to do this new schedule change:

http://airlineroute.net/2012/10/01/oz-77l-w12/

Daily to SFO, LAX, and LHR, plus other incidental routes?
Any ideas? Any info on aircraft upgrades?

barney78 Nov 1, 2012 1:51 pm

Here is another info regarding daily flights to LHR with the new seats:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...78165198974769

ok2uselane Nov 2, 2012 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by barney78 (Post 19606400)
Here is another info regarding daily flights to LHR with the new seats:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...78165198974769

So, I can only assume that they have upgraded another 777 in their fleet. I wonder which one?

Shanye2233 Nov 2, 2012 10:51 pm

I have a flight syd - Icn - lax on the 777/200 in J I know the segment Icn - lax is on the QS seat but can't confirm the syd - Icn leg , anyone help out ?

Also I'm flying on a award ticket and one of my pax name is spelt incorrectly the middle name is suppose to be Joanne and its joeanne I don't want to call in lifemiles can they fix it at the gate or will they let it slide ?

xerxes30 Nov 3, 2012 12:49 pm

Seat 7K

Is seat 7K a good QS seat? I have it ord-icn and back...

ok2uselane Nov 3, 2012 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Shanye2233 (Post 19614983)
I have a flight syd - Icn - lax on the 777/200 in J I know the segment Icn - lax is on the QS seat but can't confirm the syd - Icn leg , anyone help out ?

Also I'm flying on a award ticket and one of my pax name is spelt incorrectly the middle name is suppose to be Joanne and its joeanne I don't want to call in lifemiles can they fix it at the gate or will they let it slide ?

ICN-SYD-ICN route is occasionally served with QS seats. However, it is really not possible to predict. Just a matter of luck for the passengers. I'm flying the reverse route at the end of the month and am crossing my fingers... Plan on the worst be surprised if it's better! At least your leg in the old business is a day flight. ;)

As for your middle name challenge. It seems minor, I wouldn't worry if the first and surname are correct.

Good luck and happy travels!

ok2uselane Nov 3, 2012 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by xerxes30 (Post 19617497)
Is seat 7K a good QS seat? I have it ord-icn and back...

It's right on the aisle. If you want more privacy, 4, 6, and 8 A/K are the better window seats. 6A/K are my favorites on that aircraft, unless I can get the First suite... ;)

StckFigure Nov 6, 2012 11:31 am

I'm flying ORD-ICN on 2/24/13 on OZ, as part of a bigger trip, and I definitely want to be sure I have a lie-flat seat in J. In looking over the thread it seems like it's hit or miss that that will happen for me, and in fact I might have especially bad luck. What are my odds, four months from now, of getting a decent J hard product? I can see no indication as to which of the many possible configurations of 77L I'd have, including being unable to select my seat at this point (booked via United).

ok2uselane Nov 7, 2012 12:37 am

Originally Posted by StckFigure (Post 19635152)
I'm flying ORD-ICN on 2/24/13 on OZ, as part of a bigger trip, and I definitely want to be sure I have a lie-flat seat in J. In looking over the thread it seems like it's hit or miss that that will happen for me, and in fact I might have especially bad luck. What are my odds, four months from now, of getting a decent J hard product? I can see no indication as to which of the many possible configurations of 77L I'd have, including being unable to select my seat at this point (booked via United).

According to this:
http://airlineroute.net/2012/10/01/oz-77l-w12/
You should have the QS (true lie-flat) seats on your flight.
;)