FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1164955-quadra-smartium-business-lie-flat-routes-consolidated.html)

dshih Jan 14, 2011 8:54 pm

SEA-ICN

Are there any plans for the A330 to be upgraded by Jun of 2010?

*A Flyer Jan 30, 2011 2:18 am

While OZ hasn't officially announced the routes where the OZ Quadra Smartium seats will be post-27 March, it appears that LAX is keeping its current rotations and possibly increasing to daily based on the seat map I got for OZ204 in June. As expected, SYD still has the old seat map.

Airgroovin Jan 30, 2011 2:50 am

No mention of NRT here... I flew the new C on this leg last week; totally wonderful. Totally.

I did not want to get off! :p

Cheers,

AG. :-:

DH77024 Jan 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by *A Flyer (Post 15764282)
While OZ hasn't officially announced the routes where the OZ Quadra Smartium seats will be post-27 March, it appears that LAX is keeping its current rotations and possibly increasing to daily based on the seat map I got for OZ204 in June. As expected, SYD still has the old seat map.

How are you able to see the seat map? I'm booked on the 12.20am flight this June from LAX and can't see seatmap anywhere.

*A Flyer Jan 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by DH77024 (Post 15766529)
How are you able to see the seat map? I'm booked on the 12.20am flight this June from LAX and can't see seatmap anywhere.

Through the seat selection tool on the OZ website.

DH77024 Jan 31, 2011 8:34 am

Originally Posted by *A Flyer (Post 15766669)

Thanks. Not a very user-friendly website--I thought the seat assignment feature was limited to on-line checkin, but I see now you can do seat assignment without checkin.

The seatmap shows the old business class configuration for OZ 203 on June 9

DownUnderFlyer Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by DH77024 (Post 15771342)
Thanks. Not a very user-friendly website--

Thats an understatement.

Tiki Jan 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by *A Flyer (Post 15766669)

Looks like it isn't possible if you booked a *A award on OZ using another airline's miles (US in this case). You need an OZ e-ticket number or OZ membership.

*A Flyer Feb 1, 2011 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 15775875)
Looks like it isn't possible if you booked a *A award on OZ using another airline's miles (US in this case). You need an OZ e-ticket number or OZ membership.

I am travelling on an Aeroplan award. All you need to do is sign up for the OZ program to get a membership number and ring OZ to get the OZ Reloc. The OZ number doesn't have to be linked to the ticket.

jrpaguia Feb 1, 2011 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 15775875)

I have an award booked on UA and OZ using US miles. You do need to sign up for a free membership at the OZ website but you don't need the e-ticket number...

You'll need the OZ PNR which a US phone rep will be able to provide to you.

However, as mentioned above, the seat selection tool is not very user-friendly and you have to go pretend as if you're doing a web check-in to arrive at the seat maps.

Once you've chosen your seats, you'll be able to print a "Boarding Pass Exchange Coupon" which presumably can be presented at the counter on day of departure...or the actual Boarding Pass will actually print out after you do the T-48 check-in.

AZ Travels the World Feb 9, 2011 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by *A Flyer (Post 15764282)

*A Flyer, does this mean that you're booked on OZ204 on a day that's not currently served by the new J class? If so, what day of the week is it? Is it still showing the new layout on the seatmap?

I'm looking at a Saturday flight (shortly after midnight Friday night) in October, which isn't currently a new config day, but am trying to figure out the likelihood of it being so by October.

Does anyone know of any way to look at OZ seatmaps for future flights other than accessing a confirmed booking on the OZ website?

Thanks!
AZ

*A Flyer Feb 10, 2011 1:00 am

Unfortunately, it looks like I am booked on a day which currently gets the service which means I have no evidence that LAX is going daily with the new seats. The plus is that we know they aren't reducing the frequencies to LAX.

LineOver Feb 14, 2011 11:32 am

Dimensions

I believe this has been asked, but I didn't see much of a reply - does anyone have accurate dimensions of these new seats? I'm flying them in March LAX-ICN and in April ICN-LAX.

stupidhead Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm

They should put these seats in throughout the fleet. The wedgie-flat seats are really behind the times.

LAX Feb 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by LineOver (Post 15862072)
I believe this has been asked, but I didn't see much of a reply - does anyone have accurate dimensions of these new seats? I'm flying them in March LAX-ICN and in April ICN-LAX.

Which LAX-ICN-LAX flights have the new seats? I just redeemed a C award for my folk on OZ. Just curious because the dates are pretty set and we are unlikely to change into the new seats.

LAX