Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by alfrie
I am holding a reservation on J OZ214 (ICN-SFO) Dec 1st. The seat map for this flight cannot be opened on OZ website, while other OZ flights in the same itinerary allow seat selection. I called OZ and they couldn't open the seat map either. Before building this itinerary, I booked OZ214 in J on Nov 30 and was able to select seats online.

Does this seem like OZ will switch aircraft so OZ214 will not have QS on Dec 1?
To follow up on my own question, today I got a chance to open the seat map of OZ214 on Dec 1. Yikes, it is the old config 777. Disappointed indeed, but what can I do? As aircraft switch happens everyday, I just hope it will be the QS 777 on the day of flying.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Does the published quadra smartium schedule bear any resemblance whatsoever to actuality?

From reading this forum I would characterise its appearance as totally random - would this be a fair characterisation?

Or to put it a little more bluntly, I'm due to fly it on a Thursday from LHR to ICN, connecting to SYD on a Friday. Returning from SYD on a Monday and onwards to LHR on a Tuesday. According to the published schedule I should not have it on any flight.

And yet, I can't quite say why, I just have this feeling that I would be unlucky not to actually get it on one sectore at least.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
I'm booked on a CO Award with ORD-ICN leg in Biz in a few weeks. So judging from this thread it's unlikely that this flight has the new seats? I can change the routing and looks like the LAX flight is available on my days. Is it worth it to reroute to the LAX flight?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Originally Posted by aaron1262
I'm booked on a CO Award with ORD-ICN leg in Biz in a few weeks. So judging from this thread it's unlikely that this flight has the new seats? I can change the routing and looks like the LAX flight is available on my days. Is it worth it to reroute to the LAX flight?
IMHO, absolutely worth it. It all depends on how much you value the better amenities offered through QS.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:07 pm

+1

The new seat is significantly better on long flights than the old....
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
I changed my award ticket ORD-ICN-REP to the SFO version. Had to incorporate a delta award to get there and back, but I can't stand not having a luxury experience if available.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by aaron1262
Cliff notes version: Avoid OZ 744 if you want a shot at the full flat business seats.

OZ has two daily flights LAX-ICN. The day flight is a 747, with "old" C seats that have the slanted flat seat (aka wedgie bed seat.) The night flight is a 777 that usually has the new Quadra seats. These are much, much better for sleeping.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
JFK is a high yield route, 3 class plane needed, and there are no 3 class plane no matter 747 or 777 have QS.
I am on OZ 222 from ICN-JFK week after next. Am I definitely out of luck for new seat? How about AVOD?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K
current seat type?

Originally Posted by PittDoc
I've got award tkts for ORD-ICN-SYD RT in C in Sep. Not expecting new seats on the SYD route but what about ORD flights? I've heard mention of the JFK-ICN route being the next to get the Quadra. Any good estimates when ORD could seen an upgrade?
What is the current seat-type in businees class on ICN-JFK? Is it fully flat, but angled (like Lufthansa business class)? Or is it a recliner, like United's business class?

I'm flying Hanoi-ICN-JFK in March 2012, and am curious as to what I'll get.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA GS
QS FAIL

Got a voicemail from OZ and the QS flight from LAX on 12/22 is swapped for non-QS. Canceled itinerary and will try ANA's new lie flat out of JFK.

Last edited by jsl42; Nov 25, 2011 at 7:16 pm
Old Nov 26, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by mobarak
What is the current seat-type in businees class on ICN-JFK? Is it fully flat, but angled (like Lufthansa business class)? Or is it a recliner, like United's business class?

Welcome to FT!

Flying ICN-JFK next Fri. Will let you know how it was...
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by mobarak

It's most likely a bit like LH; certainly not a recliner. An outside chance of a fully flat (ie level) bed.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Grrrr

Went to asiana offices on monday to book veggie meal and seat assignments.

Told that there were no seats together in biz class - i questioned why two people on the same PNR werent automatically allocated seats together at time of booking - i received a blank look.

Asked if OZ 522 was quadra seats - told it was old plane with wedgie - this differs from the published timetable but im not suprised.

And then to cap it all, there is still no veggie meal showing for my partner on checkmytrip.com

So far i am LESS than impressed with Asiana - i hope the in-flight service makes up for it.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by GavT_london
Asked if OZ 522 was quadra seats - told it was old plane with wedgie - this differs from the published timetable but im not suprised.
Well this is good news. I'm flying on a day not scheduled to have QS, so now I may be in with a chance. Sorry.

To add to your woes though, I have learnt that none of the 777 non QS flights from LHR have AVOD. So I definitely need to make sure the Mac Book Pro and iPad are fully charged and loaded with enough content to see me trough to SYD.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Well this is good news. I'm flying on a day not scheduled to have QS, so now I may be in with a chance. Sorry.

To add to your woes though, I have learnt that none of the 777 non QS flights from LHR have AVOD. So I definitely need to make sure the Mac Book Pro and iPad are fully charged and loaded with enough content to see me trough to SYD.
Really? And i assume you mean has NO AVOD - Sounds more like i'm travelling in the cargo old than business class on a decent airline...

Will have to download some movies then - grrrr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.