FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1164955-quadra-smartium-business-lie-flat-routes-consolidated.html)

VC10 Boy Aug 4, 2011 6:50 am

Result for London

How relaible is the info? When should I be phoning OS to move me into my preferred Quadra Smartium?

bobbybrown Aug 4, 2011 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy (Post 16857511)
Result for London

How relaible is the info? When should I be phoning OS to move me into my preferred Quadra Smartium?

As of today, my information is correct. However, it means OZ will rotate QS aircrafts more tightly without adding aircraft (14 longhauls per week right now, add 2 from 10/30), meaning higher chance of last minute aircraft swap.

glutenhab Aug 5, 2011 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by MrTed (Post 16856909)
QS is on OZ601 ICN-SYD 9th September, therefore anyone flying out on Saturday 10th September on OZ602 will be flying in comfort!

Does this mean I am in luck for my ICN-SYD flight on Nov 22/11?
How about the ORD-ICN leg on Nov 21/11?

And the HKG-ICN & ICN-ORD in Jan/12?

stupidhead Aug 5, 2011 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown (Post 16861815)
As of today, my information is correct. However, it means OZ will rotate QS aircrafts more tightly without adding aircraft (14 longhauls per week right now, add 2 from 10/30), meaning higher chance of last minute aircraft swap.

They should be rotated more tightly though. Having the plane sit on the ground at LAX for 8 hours is wasteful.

steviebas Aug 6, 2011 12:58 pm

Smartium to SYD

Originally Posted by MrTed (Post 16856909)
QS is on OZ601 ICN-SYD 9th September, therefore anyone flying out on Saturday 10th September on OZ602 will be flying in comfort!

Excellent!!!
Any insight as to whether it will fly OZ601 on Thursday 15th? We are coming through ICN en-route to SYD.

pogonation Aug 14, 2011 7:22 am

Thinking of a booking LHR-SYD on the 2nd wednesday of October and hoping to get the QS. The problem is the website timetable only shows where QS aircraft are allocated up until 01/09 so is there a chance that they change the timetable after this so that LHR won't get QS on Wednesdays?

mjgodden Aug 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation (Post 16921068)
Thinking of a booking LHR-SYD on the 2nd wednesday of October and hoping to get the QS. The problem is the website timetable only shows where QS aircraft are allocated up until 01/09 so is there a chance that they change the timetable after this so that LHR won't get QS on Wednesdays?

As there have been many Wed flights during the life of the timetable posted that haven't had QS seating, I'd not count on seeing them reliably or regularly for a while yet.

Mark

BalbC Aug 15, 2011 1:15 am

The ICN-LHR Wednesday flights have been about 50% OQS since that schedule came in. For example last week flew OQS, this week it's an old style 777. A previous poster suggested that the Wednesday flights were going to be replaced in the next schedule change and the 77W would be seen on twice a week to LHR instead.

ande777emt Aug 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by glutenhab (Post 16868781)
Does this mean I am in luck for my ICN-SYD flight on Nov 22/11?
How about the ORD-ICN leg on Nov 21/11?

And the HKG-ICN & ICN-ORD in Jan/12?

ORD-ICN would probably be one of the last flights to get QS. Currently, it often gets the planes with a broadcast loop IFE instead of AVOD.

ORD-ICN also has lower loads up front, subsequently less likely to have QS.

steviebas Aug 31, 2011 7:26 pm

September is here - what new routes for Smatium??

So the Asiana web page used to show where Smartium was deployed with a flight range of July 1 to Sep 1. Now they have added details upto end of October. The only noticeable change is that London is confirmed as Smartium on Wednesdays.

Is that it??? Based on reports of occasional sightings on Sydney route, are Asiana deploying Smartium intermittently elsewhere?

LukasVIE Sep 1, 2011 9:14 pm

Again, the schedule on the website is not 100% accurate, you should check the seatmap of your flight to see if you might be lucky.
I specifically booked OZ 213 from SFO-ICN but Asiana changed the aircraft back to an old B777 ... even the one without AVOD :mad:

adlibitum Sep 1, 2011 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by LukasVIE (Post 17039824)
Again, the schedule on the website is not 100% accurate, you should check the seatmap of your flight to see if you might be lucky.
I specifically booked OZ 213 from SFO-ICN but Asiana changed the aircraft back to an old B777 ... even the one without AVOD :mad:

Did this happen recently, that is after OZ said SFO-ICN was QS daily?

LukasVIE Sep 3, 2011 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum (Post 17040090)
Did this happen recently, that is after OZ said SFO-ICN was QS daily?

It has yet to happen...my flight is in about 2 weeks (Sept-19) but the online seatmap shows the old configuration & I called the serviceline and they also told me that this flight will be the old config, no reason given.

susiesan Sep 3, 2011 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by LukasVIE (Post 17039824)

I'll be on OZ 214 from ICN-SFO on Oct. 24. I though the plane would have the new smartium seats. That's what I have reserved.

Since my award tickets were issued by ANA, in Business, how can I check to see the seatmap of my specific flight? How do I know if it's a new or old B777? When I made seat assignments, they were the new smartium seats.I will be really p***ed off if it's not the new seats. It's the reason I chose to fly OZ and not UAL. I read so much about the new seats and the service of this airline. I'll call OZ to se what they say.

iker Sep 6, 2011 11:07 am

I just called the US reservations tollfree number and the agent confirmed that my flight ICN-SFO 214 has been downgraded. It's pretty irksome given that their schedule indicates that the 9/22 flight would have the new seats.