Baggage Allowance

Old Oct 30, 09, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Baggage Allowance

Hi I have a quick question. On the OZ site it says that flights from the US to ICN are allowed 32kg in checked baggage along with allowable dimensions. As a *G am I allowed an extra piece of checked baggage or 20 kg more in luggage? Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Oct 31, 09, 12:05 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
I think you can have two bags up to 100 lbs. Usually whenever I go to ICN from JFK the desk workers in the Diamond line don't really care how much the bags weight. My mother and I always have our luggage at around 50 lbs each and since its two it's combined weight for 100 lbs and the workers never really looked at it or cared about it so I'm not sure how workers at places like LAX or ORD would handle it. But at JFK they barely even cared...
Old Oct 31, 09, 1:04 am

What about baggage requirements from China to ICN?!
Old Oct 31, 09, 1:42 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by UnitedEF View Post
Hi I have a quick question. On the OZ site it says that flights from the US to ICN are allowed 32kg in checked baggage along with allowable dimensions. As a *G am I allowed an extra piece of checked baggage or 20 kg more in luggage? Thanks in advance for the help!
Actually no.

You are either allowed 2 bags at 23kg each (Y) or 2 bags at 32kg each (C&F) when the piece concept applies. As a Star Gold you will get one extra bag when the piece concept applies or 20kg more if the weight based system applies.

http://chkin.flyasiana.com/English/F...ee_baggage.jsp
Old Oct 31, 09, 1:43 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by noooah View Post
What about baggage requirements from China to ICN?!
20kg in total for Y and 30kg in total for C. More if you have status.
Old Oct 31, 09, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
Actually no.

You are either allowed 2 bags at 23kg each (Y) or 2 bags at 32kg each (C&F) when the piece concept applies. As a Star Gold you will get one extra bag when the piece concept applies or 20kg more if the weight based system applies.

http://chkin.flyasiana.com/English/F...ee_baggage.jsp
Thanks for the clarification! Wish the OZ site had more details on *G on their flights! I have to bring a lot of stuff and I wonder how close I will be to 32kg...
Old Nov 1, 09, 3:40 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Thanks for the clarification! Wish the OZ site had more details on *G on their flights! I have to bring a lot of stuff and I wonder how close I will be to 32kg...
Its all on the OZ and * websites, not sure what other information you need.

And you don't have a 32kg limit so why are you worried?
Old Nov 1, 09, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
Its all on the OZ and * websites, not sure what other information you need.

And you don't have a 32kg limit so why are you worried?
Thanks for the help! I got everything I needed and I am actually sitting in the ICN OZ lounge having breakfast My baggage ended up being "only" 60 lbs.
Old Nov 1, 09, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Thanks for the help! I got everything I needed and I am actually sitting in the ICN OZ lounge having breakfast My baggage ended up being "only" 60 lbs.
Did you fly C or F?

How was the experience? I fly OZ (JFK-ICN Friday morning).
Old Nov 2, 09, 2:10 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by iztok View Post
Did you fly C or F?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...jfk-icn-f.html
Old Nov 3, 09, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iztok View Post
Did you fly C or F?

I flew in C on their two class 777. LAX - ICN - PVG. I arrived 30 minutes early 5:30 AM, connecting flight to PVG at 10:50 AM! The lounge was nice enough to help pass the time. There were showers available, semi-private rooms with massage chairs. The lounge is a lot bigger than their website pictures made them out to be. I took a few pictures and will try to upload them when I can. The food was ok. I liked the Abolone porridge. There were scrambled eggs, hash brows, salad and lots of instant noodles. Normally don't drink that early in the morning but had a pint of Cass and a can of Hite. The view of the docked OZ planes was cool. LAX - ICN in C was completely packed, however ICN - PVG was empty in C. Only one other PAX besides myself on the 777! We actually had more FA's than PAX! Which was kinda cool. I got two glasses of champagne for my PDB! My glass was never empty and the service was very good on both flights. I had the Bi Bim Bap on LAX - ICN leg, and the tenderloin from ICN - PVG which was actually fairly tasty and well tender. Not overcooked still a little red on the inside. The IFE was ok, better than UA but the screen was definitely not HD. Kinda blurry at times. I slept surprisingly well on the angle flat seats. I didn't find myself constantly sliding down the seat. The IFE and seat was not as good as UA's new C but definitely beats riding in Y TPAC. I will post pictures when I can.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: