Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bali-Expediting Immigration & Customs Processing?

Bali-Expediting Immigration & Customs Processing?

Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
My contact there suggested I contact our hotel (Ibah / Chedi) to see if they can arrange.. he said there is only one service. I will be watching this thread to see what others says. Yes, the Royal website looks very expensive $$$ and the other websites look like they are from the last round of airport chaos several years back. Saturday at 3 pm will be a very busy time... not sure there is ever a "not busy time" ha ha.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by goldengate
My contact there suggested I contact our hotel (Ibah / Chedi) to see if they can arrange.. he said there is only one service. I will be watching this thread to see what others says. Yes, the Royal website looks very expensive $$$ and the other websites look like they are from the last round of airport chaos several years back. Saturday at 3 pm will be a very busy time... not sure there is ever a "not busy time" ha ha.
Did your contact give the name of the one service? I will contact our hotel in Ubud (Komeneka). Would be great to know what you find out. And yes, that had been my impression also about what is on the web. Some of them seemed "old" and from some other era. Would be lovely if there were a "CLEAR"-like service for immigration lines at some of the notorious airports (any one in Mexico etc).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by mstraveler
Yikes. Worse than I feared. For some reason I thought 3 pm on a Saturday might be a "slow" time .

So back to the original question, what about expediting services?? Do any good ones exist? I found Royal Airport Concierge Service on the web, but they look expensive and no idea anything about them. Would really appreciate any recommendations for one or any experience with using any way of getting through immigration less painfully! I am not interested in bribing airport/immigration workers, but am talking about legitimate services.
In all reality, if you’re paying for an expedited service in Indonesia, someone is getting bribed or tipped whether you realize it or not.

In 50+ trips, I’ve never felt the need to pay for such a service.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
In all reality, if you’re paying for an expedited service in Indonesia, someone is getting bribed or tipped whether you realize it or not.

In 50+ trips, I’ve never felt the need to pay for such a service.
Exactly. I got out of the airport in probably 10 minutes total from when I stepped off the plane last trip. Lines were massive.

More surprisingly I found my driver in about 30 seconds. That's normally a nightmare!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Exactly. I got out of the airport in probably 10 minutes total from when I stepped off the plane last trip. Lines were massive.

More surprisingly I found my driver in about 30 seconds. That's normally a nightmare!
Sorry, but I am confused. If the lines were massive, how did you get out in 10 minutes? Would be grateful to know!

Last edited by mstraveler; Jul 26, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Sorry, but I am confused. If the lines were massive, how did you get out in 10 minutes? Would be grateful to know!
Read between the lines... wink wink.
mstraveler likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:30 am

DPS immigration

To follow up: we arrived with everyone else on a Thursday around 3:30 and there was the usual huge line at immigration. To the far left were 3 lines worth at least knowing about. One was for Indonesian residents. Another for foreign officials (if I remember correctly) and the 3rd was for anyone either over 60 years old or handicapped. Several younger people had tried to hop the queue by going into that line but one of the guards came and chased them out. I did not see anyone offering anything like VIP service. The hall was large and seemed to be air-conditioned. The pick up area once through immigration was also quite crowded but the car from our Ubud hotel showed up after not too long (15 min) wait.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
To follow up: we arrived with everyone else on a Thursday around 3:30 and there was the usual huge line at immigration. To the far left were 3 lines worth at least knowing about. One was for Indonesian residents. Another for foreign officials (if I remember correctly) and the 3rd was for anyone either over 60 years old or handicapped. Several younger people had tried to hop the queue by going into that line but one of the guards came and chased them out. I did not see anyone offering anything like VIP service. The hall was large and seemed to be air-conditioned. The pick up area once through immigration was also quite crowded but the car from our Ubud hotel showed up after not too long (15 min) wait.
You can also use the senior citizen line with young kids.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.