Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Looking for TA in Taiwan - Any suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

I'm tyring to book some RTW and Circle Pacific tickets so I need someone who is willing to do complicated ticketing in Taiwan. Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Why not just ring the airlines local office?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:50 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
I sympathize. I'm in Taiwan but have never found a good travel agent here.

I've found them to be careless about detail, personnel's always changing and they seem never to be able to tell you anything by phone. Instead they say they will call you back/email. If they do email you, chances are they are quoting for something other than what you asked for - eg wrong class of ticket, validity, forget to include taxes etc. Or they don't bother to check availability. They rarely coped with FF numbers. I've found few that are open evenings/weekends so you can visit them out of hours and sort something on the spot. A typical story was an agent who said they'd take a credit card. They quote a surcharge and say they can send the ticket to my office. OK no problem. I just need to call them before the close of business. This was around 9.30am. I call back only a few minutes later but can't reach my contact or anyone else who is willing to help. When I get through she says I must first transfer the money to their account. What about the credit card says I. Sorry the delivery man can't process the credit card. Can I collect (although they said delivery would be no problem). No - we're about to close the office. Can you take my CC details by phone? No - we need you to sign the voucher. Well it was 4.30pm - but it was only that late because I'd waited all day for them to return my call to say I wanted the ticket. Many seem to work through informal networks - so really they don't want you to come to their office at all because they can't issue tickets from there.

When planning sales trips from here (mainly to Europe) I avoided them as much as possible by using airline websites - or perhaps using them for a simple return to Europe and then European agents/low cost airline websites to do the rest.

[rant off!]

I remember Steve Fenton who's a regular poster based in Taichung once mentioned he knew a good agent. If he doesn't pick up this thread in the next day or so I'm sure he wouldn't mind a PM.

Welcome to FT by the way!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I have no idea why I checked here but I did anyway call Victor 0922936614 he does not mind his number on here and he knows what he is talking about
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bensyd
Why not just ring the airlines local office?
They are the problem. The local AA office won't do any ticketing unless you're there in person. Their office is in the city, not at the airport, and I have no need to ever go to the city.

Thanks Steve! I'll call Victor.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulSEA1
They are the problem. The local AA office won't do any ticketing unless you're there in person. Their office is in the city, not at the airport, and I have no need to ever go to the city.

Thanks Steve! I'll call Victor.
Ahh...I would say try the CX office but then you will end up with CX fuel fines. Victor sounds like the man.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Victor has been very helpful and run my tickets despite the earthquake knocking out most of the travel systems in Taiwan.

He's approved me posting his email (slightly encripted to reduce his spam): victor atsign goldtravel.com.tw

The only drawback so far is that he is doing paper tickets instead of electronic due to the "number of segments". AA issued my last electronic for the maximum 20 segments so it's possible somewhere. He also needs a faxed signed credit card authorization.

Great service overall.

Thanks for the tip!
Paul
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:56 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Thumbs up Victor is a Jewel

Another recommendation for Victor here. He just booked me a complicated *RTW route (TPE-LAX-DEN-JAC-DEN-YUL-LHR-MAN-LHR-BRU-FRA-NRT-AKL-ZQN-CHC-WLG-MEL-SIN-TPE for those interested) and was professional, helpful and courteous throughout. Would recommend strongly! ^
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:48 am

eztravel.com.tw

My wife spent last few months in Taiwan with her ailing mother and had to fly in/out few times as only permitted 30 day stay per entry. She used the on-line agency for flights to HK and Singapore and very very competitive.

I had opportunity to try them twice in last 3 wks - once on C class Tpe/KL and once on economy Tpe/Shanghai. Both times, excellent prices, especially given 48-72 hr notice (with longer lead times, dirt cheap prices).

Tpe/HK: economy NT$5-7K depending on lead time. also available 2 nights at 4star hotel, with airfare NT$8K if adequate lead time.
Tpe/Sing: economy, NT$8K
Tpe/KL: normal full fare business class, NT46K, got for NT25K
Tpe/Shanghai: econ via HK $16K, can be had for as low as NT$8K with enough lead time.

We both are fluent in Chinese but on visiting their office, did see several foreign faces....I'm sure they have english speaking staff. Only downside is first time log-in, you need to either visit personally or have local friend help as need to manually put in passport number, etc.

PM for details.

PS - other downside, just got my Amex bill and the billing is not for a air tix which is problematic for me as I automatically pay extra fee for travel insurance...will need to speak with them re this next visit!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Not to play oneupmanship here, but Victor did everything for me by e-mail, in English. He also tweaked the route for me a number of times along the way. I could even split the fare across two credit cards. He also had the tickets delivered free to a friend who was staying in Taipei for a couple of nights. Truly excellent service.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've been working with Victor as well and highly recommend him!
Steve
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone tried victor lately, I have tried emailing him a few times and each time his mailbox is full.....is it still the same email as above???
thanks
Old Aug 2, 2007, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by bensyd
Anyone tried victor lately, I have tried emailing him a few times and each time his mailbox is full.....is it still the same email as above???
thanks
He is on holiday at the moment (until the end of the month). Try Molly using the same e-mail pattern.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 3:42 pm

Also Victor seems to be using a Yahoo! address at the moment (the spam must have built up). PM me for details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.