Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:27 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Silverbird uses small Mercedes these days. I actually preferred their older Toyota models, which I found much more comfortable. The main thing about getting a Silverbird is there is rarely a line at the airport.
Is there a set rate for a trip to the city center? (rather than using meter) I get in at 12:20AM on Sat night.

Is getting a silverbird easy as walking outside terminal & seeing a silverbird taxi line or does one book inside CGK terminal somewhere? (FWIW I'm arriving on JAL from NRT)
-

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Feb 9, 2016 at 10:57 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:19 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Is there a pre-pay rate to the city center rather than using meter? I get in at 12:20AM on Sat night.

Is getting a silverbird easy as walking outside terminal & seeing a silverbird taxi line or does one book inside CGK terminal somewhere? (FWIW I'm arriving on JAL from NRT)
-
Pretty sure there is no prepaid rate for Silverbirds.

Yes, you will see many taxi ranks - including Silverbird - once you leave the terminal.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:58 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Pretty sure there is no prepaid rate for Silverbirds.
apologies, poor wording on my part, I've corrected my post.

Is there a set rate for trips from CGK to city center?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

There is if you use either of the two extremes: bus or hotel limo.

I aim for Bluebird, but the queue for these can be insane - and the truth is I've not yet had any problem with other companies (bonkers drivers aside!).

I've also taken the bus, which is absolutely fine - though of course you'll need onward transport from the city terminal.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:58 am

some of blue birds and silver birds are now equipped by EDC, so instead of paying cash you can use either your debit or credit cards. ask the staff for the car with EDC. there's also voucher options, I guess you can get it via their website.

they are metered. blue bird CGK-Jakarta city center would be Rp 200,000 to 300,000 (roughly USD 15-23) excluding tolls, depending the traffic. then again midnight traffic won't be an issue. expect twice the price with silver birds.

just look for blue bird queue/signage.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Is there a set rate for a trip to the city center? (rather than using meter) I get in at 12:20AM on Sat night.

-
Hotels often offer prepaid rates, but they're pretty over priced. I'd just pay the meter. 200-300k ($15-22) There shouldn't be much traffic at 1 am.

There is a counter inside, and outside. Hardly ever waiting for Silverbird.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Is VOA still free? The Indonesian Embassy page seems to suggest it costs $35.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Is VOA still free? The Indonesian Embassy page seems to suggest it costs $35.
If you are a US citizen, you are Visa Exempt and get in for free.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
If you are a US citizen, you are Visa Exempt and get in for free.
Great, thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat

Willie,

Blue Bird and Silverbird should be right there after you get out of customs at Terminal 2D.

At around the the time you get out, 12.45am or so, there should be a short line for Blue Bird and most likely no wait for Silverbird.

Toll is now 15,000IDR one way. If you take bluebird, you have to give 15k or what you have to the driver to pay the toll. The toll booth will give change. On the way to city you only pay once, on the way to airport, you pay twice (9000 + 6000 = 15k)

If you take silverbird, the driver will pay for you first and tack it on to the meter after.

In both cases, I believe there is an additional 9000 IDR surcharge for the cabs.

So silverbird will be Meter + 15,000 + 9000. Bluebird will be meter + 9000, and you pay the toll separately.

Bluebird should be around 150k on the meter to city center, and silverbird around 280k.

If you want a set fare, which includes toll, when you have gone through customs, there will be a set of desks to your left and right. Those are money changers and limo services. Golden Bird will offer you a Kijang Innova or Avanza for 275k to the city.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:57 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a sim card at the airport if my flight arrives at midnight? I have a very rushed day the next day so I would prefer to buy it when I land.

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:05 pm

If you are transiting from a non-Garuda international arrival to a Garuda domestic flight all within terminal 2, do you remain airside after clearing immigration and customs? Or would you need to go back through security again?

Presumably other terminals you'd need to redo security but I wasn't sure if that's true within terminal 2.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
Originally Posted by gutenmorgan
If you are transiting from a non-Garuda international arrival to a Garuda domestic flight all within terminal 2, do you remain airside after clearing immigration and customs? Or would you need to go back through security again?

Presumably other terminals you'd need to redo security but I wasn't sure if that's true within terminal 2.
You need to go through the security again.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:11 am

Thanks for that info! Is that a process that can be abbreviated through the use of a connection person who greets you at the gate and handles immigration/transfers? My hotel offers one and if it smooths the process/lets me jump the security (and/or immigration) line, I was thinking that might be worthwhile.

Last edited by gutenmorgan; Feb 12, 2016 at 7:32 am
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Uber works great to/from the Airport now. I don't remember exactly what it cost, but was it only double or triple the bus cost into town, like $10? Insane. Pickup is a little tricky as the guy can't really call you and they seem to get lost easily. I gave the driver's number to a friend over Whatsapp and they called the driver and directed him in while I hovered by some wifi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.