Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hi everyone. I'm arriving CGK around midnight from NRT via JAL. Then at 4:30am, connecting to KUL on MH. I will have slept on the flight coming in, so staying up will not be a problem. Does anyone know if I would be able to stay airside - are JL-in and MH-out in the same terminal? How about wifi? Thanks for any advice.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mongrisette
It depends on whether your CGK-DPS flight is leaving from the domestic or international terminal
Even (some) CGK-DPS flights departs from International Terminal? Hopefully you're not kidding.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: QF, VA, HH
Hello all,

I'm new to FlyerTalk so please forgive any breaches of posting etiquette here.

I'm going to tack a week in Jakarta onto a trip in July / August 2020. I've never been there and have no on-ground knowledge of the city.

Would any of the Jakarta experts here be able to recommend a place with decent studio apartments. I'm thinking wifi, air con, good bathroom, close to public transport, food, and in an interesting part of town? Will be travelling by myself.

Accommodation in Jakarta seems pretty reasonably priced. I'm not looking for bargain basement necessarily but like everyone I like to drive my dollar further.

Thanks so much
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by alyopsis
Hello all,

I'm new to FlyerTalk so please forgive any breaches of posting etiquette here.

I'm going to tack a week in Jakarta onto a trip in July / August 2020. I've never been there and have no on-ground knowledge of the city.

Would any of the Jakarta experts here be able to recommend a place with decent studio apartments. I'm thinking wifi, air con, good bathroom, close to public transport, food, and in an interesting part of town? Will be travelling by myself.

Accommodation in Jakarta seems pretty reasonably priced. I'm not looking for bargain basement necessarily but like everyone I like to drive my dollar further.

Thanks so much
There are some serviced apartments. I know some nice Airbnb’s, too. A friend of my wife rents out a room in her high-rise apartment, or the entire place. Supposed to be nice.

Otherwise, there are many chain hotels that can be had for $50 or less per night.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:30 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
DH and I are arriving CGK T3 at 18:05 after a lengthy Ethiopian flight from Addis via Bangkok and transferring to a Garuda domestic flight that departs at 00:30. Our ET flight is in business class but I assume ET has no arrivals lounge access in CGK. Are there any lounges in T3 that are open between 6pm-midnight that allow paid access to arriving international passengers or departing domestic passengers, and if so, how are they and how much do they cost? (And any chance any of them serve beer/wine?) Many thanks in advance.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:37 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lmk
DH and I are arriving CGK T3 at 18:05 after a lengthy Ethiopian flight from Addis via Bangkok and transferring to a Garuda domestic flight that departs at 00:30. Our ET flight is in business class but I assume ET has no arrivals lounge access in CGK. Are there any lounges in T3 that are open between 6pm-midnight that allow paid access to arriving international passengers or departing domestic passengers, and if so, how are they and how much do they cost? (And any chance any of them serve beer/wine?) Many thanks in advance.
Hello, there are no arrival lounge facilities in CGK that I know of, for any airline.
Garuda is currently running a 'promotion' selling lounge access at CGK and DPS. Entry to the lounge in CGK costs IDR555,000 (~£29 or ~$35), which is a bit steep for what it is, but it is an option. It is open until 02.00 each day, so well within your connecting flight's departure.

The lounge itself is alright, it's modern and clean, but I wouldn't call it on par with some of the better lounges out there (think Asian contract lounge quality at best) I never bother with the food as theirs never look very appealing to me but it's a nice place to wait for your flight. They've also got shower cubicles, although I don't know if they are in use.

I'm also not sure about the alcohol offerings as they are never on display... but in the international Garuda lounge, some really basic wines and beer are offered if you ask staff.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:20 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Thank you for this information.
Is it possible to purchase duty-free wine or liquor anyplace in CGK T3?
Do you know if there are restrictions on transporting wine or liquor on domestic Garuda flights within Indonesia?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

They have a duty-free liquor shop in T3 arrivals just before immigration, but I'm not sure if they'd be subject to the 100ml liquor rule if in a sealed bag. In any case, it'd be safer to buy/bring bottles under 10cl. I'm not aware of the existence of any stores selling duty-free alcohol on the domestic side of the terminal, and being duty-free I don't expect to find one either.

There aren't any rules in place regarding transporting liquor on domestic flights per se. Also bear in mind that there is a 1 litre limit per passenger for all alcoholic products you are taking into the country.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 10:24 am

Anyone have any recommendations for bag storage at CGK? I’m thinking of adding a CGK-DPS jaunt onto my trip to Jakarta midway through, but do not wish to bring a week’s luggage to Bali for two nights. I’d probably be looking to stash the bags at whichever terminal the CGK-DPS flight departs from. Thank you!
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:03 am

Hi,
I am thinking of connecting from a flight with SQ from SIN (10:40pm) to a flight with QR (01:10am next day). Will this be possible? Will I need to clear immigration or can I just stay airside?
Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
CGK International Transit in the same terminal

It is catch 22 here. there is a transfer desk when you arrive but it is never manned or by people who have no idea . If you can get a QR boarding pass then , you can go upstairs to security behind the transfer desk and can get into the departure lounge. Plaza Premium Lounge and Wifi
Old Mar 11, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
CGK transfer from International flight to another International flight , same termina

This past month i had two experiences of trying to transfer from NRT JL flight Bz class to KUL MH flight and a week later SIN SQ flight to JL NRT flight.
It was comical, as NO ONE seem to know the procedure. A transfer desk in place but it is never manned and there are other official looking people all giving you different explanations.
CGK unforutnately does not allow early issue of Boarding pass, so on both occasions I arrived checked in but without boarding pass .
In both instances it was an unpleasant experience. I lost some valuables also at the security check in as I was in such a hurry to get to the gate.
Best, if you can get a boarding pass
second best: if you have time and ASEAN passport, go through the immigration and get the boarding pass at the airlines counter which must be open
If you have a passport that requires you to pay a fee to clear immigration, then try to get hold of your airline agent at CGK airport and they might come and rescue you with a boarding pass .
In my case, as I was connecting at NRT to JFK, didnt wish to miss the flight, so i begged a young man (they all taking photos with their phones of your previous boarding pass, passport and also your face) to come with me to the gate , after clearning the security. Nearly an hour of back and forth , texting and talking and they finally allowed me to go through the security and I went to the JL gate and they called down to the agent (JL gate agents cant issue boarding passes) and Chrisma the agent very quickly brought by boarding pass and I was able to board the flight . Unable to enjoy Plaza Premium Lounge or the Wifi.
Right now there are very attractive Bz class fare to and fro CGK and that was the reason I flew to CGK and connected to KUL.
No more, it is not worth the hassle and being treated like a criminal by the security, police and airline personnel.
I travel a fair bit, this certainly was the worst transfer experience. Good bye CGK
it is a catch 22. they cant issue boarding passes and you cant enter the transit security without the boarding pass and no one knows what to do!
Old Mar 11, 2023, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In many trips through security at CGK I’ve never lost anything going through security. As at any security checkpoint, you do have to make sure you get your stuff.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 1:20 pm

Thanks in advance to all who reply.
Arriving on HND-CGK at 5.05AM. Onward flight to YIA, have done eVOA, will have checked baggage.
Choices for onward flight are
6.30AM Batik
7AM Superjet
7.10AM Citilink Terminal 2D
7.50AM Garuda Terminal 3

Would 7.10AM Citilink be a safe option, or should we go for 7.50AM Garuda instead?

Last edited by stevento; Mar 11, 2023 at 1:27 pm
Old Mar 11, 2023, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stevento
Thanks in advance to all who reply.
Arriving on HND-CGK at 5.05AM. Onward flight to YIA, have done eVOA, will have checked baggage.
Choices for onward flight are
6.30AM Batik
7AM Superjet
7.10AM Citilink Terminal 2D
7.50AM Garuda Terminal 3

Would 7.10AM Citilink be a safe option, or should we go for 7.50AM Garuda instead?
Since you have checked luggage, I’d recommend staying in the same terminal.
clubeurope likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.