A Buddhist tour of Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2003, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
A Buddhist tour of Tokyo?

Does anyone know of a website or other info on the various temples or museums in Tokyo?
Old Oct 28, 2003, 1:37 am
mjm
Original Member

Stimpy,

I do not offhand but when I get back from SFO on Thursday I would be happy to do some digging. Any specifics etc. via e-mail and to jog my memory and I shall get right on it.

Mike

------------------
FT Pictures Page (hosted by markbach)
My Starbucks City Mug Collection Page
FT SIN RUN 2004 (2nd Annual Mileage Run For Chili Crabs)
Old Oct 28, 2003, 4:40 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
For museums, try:
http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~etc.e/main.html

Rich
Old Oct 28, 2003, 8:06 pm

Several years ago, I had an opportunity to visit the Tokyo Hakubutsukan - Tokyo National Museum - adjacent to Ueno Park and nearby Ueno station. It is the largest repository of Japanese antiquities in the world, from ceramics to samurai armor and swords, and also has an extensive collection of Chinese and Korean antiquities as well. Natural light photography is welcomed.

The Zojoji temple, less famous than the temple is Asakusa, is near the Tokyo Tower, and is the main buddhist temple for the Jodo sect in the Kanto region. The Tokugawas, while residing in Edo, used the temple and the family crest is still visible on temple grounds (it is not in its original location but was moved to this site).

A nice day trip from Tokyo is Nikko, where the mausoleum of Tokugawa Ieyasu, founder of the Tokugawa clan, is located.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.