Search

Indonesia COVID entry requirement?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Indonesia COVID entry requirement?

Do I need to take a COVID test and provide proof of results for entry to Indonesia? I think I read somewhere that I'll need it for domestic flights like CGK-YIA. Is this true? Other than that, I can just show my US passport and I think US$30 for the visa on arrival? Anything else I need to know?

Thank you!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA
You need to show your proof of vaccination to avoid having to take the pre-flight test.
For domestic flight, there is a need to show proof of booster shot, but not international arrival/departure.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by a5un
You need to show your proof of vaccination to avoid having to take the pre-flight test.
For domestic flight, there is a need to show proof of booster shot, but not international arrival/departure.
That's it? Then just pay the VOA and show my passport for entry?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by lsquare
That's it? Then just pay the VOA and show my passport for entry?
Yes, that should be it. No more pre-departure testing, no insurance requirement either.
I believe you're required to install their Peduli Lindungi app as well. If you have trouble getting your vax validated in the app, then just show your hard copy / qr code during arrival.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
We are planning a trip to Bali in December and submitted our Vaccine records in the app five weeks ago, and they still have not approved it. Did anyone have luck in getting them pre-approved before arriving in-country? Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by penlin
We are planning a trip to Bali in December and submitted our Vaccine records in the app five weeks ago, and they still have not approved it. Did anyone have luck in getting them pre-approved before arriving in-country? Thanks.
You do not need to have your vaccine records submitted into the app. A lot of individuals are not even able to upload their documents including myself and my wife. We were in Indonesia last month and as US Citizens there was no way to upload our CDC Vaccination Certificate.

You only need to have the app installed along with a created profile. Just bring a hardcopy of your vaccine certificate or have a photo of it on your phone. We always had our physical CDC cards with us but a lot of times all we did was show pictures of the cards and they were fine with that. If they ask for the app just tell them you could not get it to work. They typically don't even care if you're a foreigner because they don't want to be bothered with verifying.

We traveled domestically by train, plane, and visited every type of public establishment whether it was a mall or a restaurant and not once did we have a problem with anyone not accepting our CDC vaccination card.

Last edited by Alooey; Aug 15, 2022 at 5:09 pm Reason: Additional Information
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thank you!! we were able to upload the records, but they just sat there with no progress, but good to hear that it does not matter. Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by penlin
Thank you!! we were able to upload the records, but they just sat there with no progress, but good to hear that it does not matter. Cheers.
It took about 5 weeks for my covid documents to be approved from the time I had uploaded them.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by a5un
Yes, that should be it. No more pre-departure testing, no insurance requirement either.
I believe you're required to install their Peduli Lindungi app as well. If you have trouble getting your vax validated in the app, then just show your hard copy / qr code during arrival.
How about a 5YO and 13YO travelling with us? Do they need separate app installed?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
How about a 5YO and 13YO travelling with us? Do they need separate app installed?
Within the app you can set up a group profile that includes all your family members.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Alooey
We traveled domestically by train, plane, and visited every type of public establishment whether it was a mall or a restaurant and not once did we have a problem with anyone not accepting our CDC vaccination card.
How often was the card requested? Do local people have a card that they show too? Do I need to carry the card on my person everywhere I go?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
How often was the card requested? Do local people have a card that they show too? Do I need to carry the card on my person everywhere I go?
Locals use the Pedulililungi app to show them some QR code for verification purposes.

Since we could not get the app to work we simply just carried our physical CDC cards around. They always ask if there is a checkpoint before to enter. They never really looked hard though. As a foreigner they usually don’t really put much scrutiny in checks. You can also show them a picture of your card on your phone.

I recommend carrying both a picture of your vaccination card as well as the physical card at all times. Use the picture first and if they happen to not accept then show the physical card.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
If travelling on domestic flights,
- foreigners need to show their official printed vaccination certificate indicating
base vaccination + 3rd booster
(ours was the EU Dutch / English sheet with printout of QR and data)
https://coronacheck.nl/en/print/

- at entry departure terminal building
- at checkin counter of the airline

! No need to show EHAC aslong as you have paperproof in English of vaccination +1 booster
! No need to show health insurance

For locals it is their Peduli Lindungi app only

------
for those that want peace of mind and install the Peduli Lindungi app anyway
the trick with the Peduli Lindungi app is
- first : register at their site https://www.pedulilindungi.id
(Choose english in upper right right corner where it says ID next to login / register)
1 choose register by email [NOT MOBILE NR = won't work unless you got an Indonesian NR]
2 you need your passport details
3 verification codes sent to your email
- second : after registration input and log in using the app
1 verifications sent to your email
* the IOS app seems to be fully in English, the Android app yoyos between English & Indonesian

! No need to upload or fill other info for foreigners

If you enter a mall or something (in Bali)
- locals scan the QR and register with Peduli Lindungi app
- foreigners can just show their international vaccination certificate
justsomerandomguy likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 3, 2022 at 5:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.