FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia-460/)
-   -   CGK fast track immigration for J pax (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/2089046-cgk-fast-track-immigration-j-pax.html)

HadesNL Sep 4, 2022 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver (Post 34548472)
Just to confirm that being Australian, transting Jakarta overnight (stay less than 30 days), is it the proof of 2 shot vaccine the only thing I would need to enter the country? No pre departure test etc?

No predeparture PCR-test needed for international arrival entry into Indonesia as long as you are fully vaccinated

If travelling domestic flights onwards:
- basic fully vacinnation : needs PCR-test
- basic fully vaccination + minimum 1 booster : no PCR-test
Just show International Vaccination certificate for foreigners or Peduli Lindungi for locals

The site
https://www.welcomebacktobali.com

has all the info which now also applies to arrivals in Jakarta and other gateways in Indonesia
( i admit it is not the most UX-friendly site)

here for reference sake:
Instead of Bali think Jakarta etc...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9e4cfdb90.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...39c4ab448.jpeg

Hope it is all clear and it should be fine

IAN-UK Sep 4, 2022 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 34571844)
IAN-UK : thanks for the update about arrivals into CGK,
Seems all similair to DPS so no sudden surprises in Qs fortunately :)

I have used your response/report to sooth the nerves of some business associates whom are travelling into CGK instead of DPS this upcoming weekend. So many thanks!

Bless them, they try to make things easy for us.

first herd us through a temperature check funnel, easy!
then to the vaccine check guichets. Most windows carry labels - priority, diplomatic etc, but no-one cares - so the best strategy is probably to choose the shortest line to any manned window.. lots of functionaries beind the perspex screens, but in the Indonesian way, mny will be involved in anything other than their jobs. the process can be very fast once you get attention. I simply show my NHS app comfirmation of 3 shots, they stamp my boarding pass (best to temember to hang on to it) and i move on to the next stage.

Me and stamped boarding pass + IDR50k to tha VoA acquisition counter, then with all the paperwork over to the adjacent immigation queue

no one showed the remotest interest in the PL app, though YMMV, so best to have it. Ive not mnaged to get my vaccine status recognised on the app. We sre supposed to use it to scan QR codes entering malls etc, but in Jakarta incompetent foreigners get waved through 😄

mid morning arrival, off the plane to leaving the terminal was less than 30 minutes, including the marathon walk from the gate. I was luggage-free..

mask usage in JKT is near universal among indonesians, but many foreigners ignore the convention and indonesians are far too polite to remind them of the law.

Jaimito Cartero Sep 4, 2022 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 34572696)

Me and stamped boarding pass + IDR50k to tha VoA acquisition counter

Wow, only 50k, you must have friends working the VOA counter. :D

IAN-UK Sep 4, 2022 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 34572712)
Wow, only 50k, you must have friends working the VOA counter. :D

Maybe I spent the other 450k on a queue facilitation service 😄

that pesky zero!

actually the visa man asked for "half a million rupiah". Which might be accurate, but it sounds much more alarming than 500 thousand 😱

HadesNL Sep 5, 2022 12:16 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 34572696)
no one showed the remotest interest in the PL app, though YMMV, so best to have it. Ive not mnaged to get my vaccine status recognised on the app. We sre supposed to use it to scan QR codes entering malls etc, but in Jakarta incompetent foreigners get waved through.

Thanks for taking the time to write up the complete process!
Very enlighting, especially about Peduli Lindungi: many our social circle have been struggling with the UX and are all a bundle of nerves about the practicality and neccesity to enter Indonesia. But thanks to more empiric data from you, we can at least rest them assured, it should pose no problem!

Jaimito Cartero Sep 5, 2022 2:05 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 34573164)
Thanks for taking the time to write up the complete process!
Very enlighting, especially about Peduli Lindungi: many our social circle have been struggling with the UX and are all a bundle of nerves about the practicality and neccesity to enter Indonesia. But thanks to more empiric data from you, we can at least rest them assured, it should pose no problem!

They really don’t seem to care, as long as you have an CDC card, or other countries proof of vaccination.

bocastephen Sep 6, 2022 9:52 am

For those of us with a US/Canada APAC card, does the card cut down the time required to get the VOA and clear immigration? Meaning, does APAC get priority at both stations?

Jaimito Cartero Sep 6, 2022 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 34577057)
For those of us with a US/Canada APAC card, does the card cut down the time required to get the VOA and clear immigration? Meaning, does APAC get priority at both stations?

I used an APAC card a couple of times in the standard immigration line, when they first became available 12 years ago or whatever. No special VOA line back then. I think they used the Diplomatic line for customs, which saved 10-15 minutes then. I’ve had different forms of residency the last 8 years, so haven’t needed any VOAs since then.

BobFF68 Sep 7, 2022 2:23 am

I also suggest to be ready before departure with a print or a screenshot about latest entry regulation as can happen that any check in agent in a bad mood may invent their own rules or referring to not updated ones. It just happened to a colleague from Germany supposed to visit us for business meetings departing from DUS with TK 10 days ago to CGK, he was denied at check in due he missed to download the Peduli Lindungi app and to upload the Covid certificates even we all know how is difficult to upload foreign certificates on the app and it is not even required anymore, he installed the app but now way to upload the certificate so he missed the flight. In him I would probably have called a supervisor but then not sure about what happened in detail, other colleagues from Italy and Spain ever traveled in the past months without issues so it is probably an unfortunate case, but better being prepared.

Jaimito Cartero Sep 7, 2022 4:40 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68 (Post 34579400)
I also suggest to be ready before departure with a print or a screenshot about latest entry regulation as can happen that any check in agent in a bad mood may invent their own rules or referring to not updated ones. It just happened to a colleague from Germany supposed to visit us for business meetings departing from DUS with TK 10 days ago to CGK, he was denied at check in due he missed to download the Peduli Lindungi app and to upload the Covid certificates even we all know how is difficult to upload foreign certificates on the app and it is not even required anymore, he installed the app but now way to upload the certificate so he missed the flight. In him I would probably have called a supervisor but then not sure about what happened in detail, other colleagues from Italy and Spain ever traveled in the past months without issues so it is probably an unfortunate case, but better being prepared.

But this was a TK agent denying him access at the airport, not anything in Indonesia actually, right? What does timatic say?

BobFF68 Sep 7, 2022 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 34579591)
But this was a TK agent denying him access at the airport, not anything in Indonesia actually, right? What does timatic say?

Yes, just the TK agent in DUS, nothing to do with Indonesian custom. Timatic just saying that passengers must have a Covid19 vaccination certificate and need to download the PL app, no mention that certificates must be uploaded. Then not sure what happened at the check in or whether my colleague was too timid addressing the check in agent.

bocastephen Sep 7, 2022 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by BobFF68 (Post 34582118)
Yes, just the TK agent in DUS, nothing to do with Indonesian custom. Timatic just saying that passengers must have a Covid19 vaccination certificate and need to download the PL app, no mention that certificates must be uploaded. Then not sure what happened at the check in or whether my colleague was too timid addressing the check in agent.

Sounds to me like they were too timid. Once you comply with Timatic (and I always bring a printout with me when traveling to places with picky requirements), the airline should allow you to travel, and your friend should have demanded a supervisor and refused to leave the counter until their issue was escalated as far as it needed to be.

I had many a run-in with United check-in agents who refused to believe there was such a thing as the China TWOV program, and insisted on seeing my visa before checking me in - each of those interactions required me to demand a supervisor, and then demand they call their help desk to get trained on the rules. In both cases I was checked-in and flew, although I left some very unhappy counter agents in my wake.

You don't need to jump up and down and scream, but being firm and insisting on the correct resolution that you know is right is often an unfortunate side effect of poor airline employee training, and lazy agents.

I am glad I saw this post, however - just to avoid my own arguments, I've downloaded the app and will upload my vaccine record so there can be no dispute.

HadesNL Sep 8, 2022 3:30 am

Got a report from friends whom travelled to Jakarta for their first ever trip to Indonesia since 1998

TK1960 / TK56 Business Class

AMS-IST-CGK on 5th Sept
- check in TK Amsterdam :
asked to show Peduli Lindungi app on phone and name match passport vs PL registration
asked for proof of vaccination
both sectors boarding pass was then given
2/3 where in wheelchair and got first in Q at security and passport control

* OT: infamous TK aircraft swap on both sectors!

- Arrival CGK
asked for PL app : at 1st stage vaccination certification control counter because they thought the group were Indonesian Chinese
When showing proof Dutch residence / nationality, the EU Dutch/English printed out vaccination certificate was sufficient replacement
They didn't have the online E-CD customs QR code done but where allowed to fill in the paperform to be submitted
They used the Joumpa Meet&Greet service and where very happy to have a representative who helped and guided them towards the right procedures
(mind you the travelling group had an average age of 70+)

bocastephen
BobFF68 : this is TK's requirement site for travel to certain countries
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-g...-restrictions/

BobFF68 Sep 19, 2022 11:59 pm

Got an update from a friend landed at CGK from IST at 17.30 Sunday Sept 11th and along another bunch of other intl flights, queue at immigration was really long, 3 hours from landing to exit the terminal. Thus depending on day and time of arrival situation can change a lot.

bocastephen Sep 22, 2022 9:10 pm

A couple additional questions....

1. how long is the usual wait for the non-Indonesian vaccine record to go from 'waiting for approval' to 'approved' in the PL app? I did not upload the CDC card, I uploaded the State of California certificate with vaccine details and the QR code.

2. how strict are they about absolute name matching? My ticket and vaccine record are my first and last name only, but the passport includes my middle name. I'm flying JAL, so not sure if they will even both checking especially if I do OLCI or if this would be a problem when boarding my connection to CGK at Narita, of this even matters