Search

Will I get to Bali…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
CGK + Air Asia
Originally Posted by Tofino87
That’s what I’m planning - as stated by Ian.
I think I know the rationale, but pls elaborate.

If CGK is the same # of connection as DPS directly (one stop via NRT vs SIN), do you guys still prefer CGK? Assume no interest in Jakarta.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by italdesign
I think I know the rationale, but pls elaborate.

If CGK is the same # of connection as DPS directly (one stop via NRT vs SIN), do you guys still prefer CGK? Assume no interest in Jakarta.
I was responding to the OP's dilemma: the award ending in DPS was fraught with complications, whereas the CGK trip seems pretty straightforward. As it should be, there are many more options to get there, while the connection to Bali are very frequent and inexpensive.
Old May 4, 2022, 12:30 pm

I have just been to Bali, and as a vaccinated traveller who followed the published rules, it was all very easy. I can't help with the specific routing problems of the OP and notice that @IAN-UK has already done so.

The only little factoid I'll drop is that on my way back to the UK I was challenged for a covid-19 test result by my airline (Scoot), even though my destination (UK) didn't require one. I had one because I thought it was the right thing to do and it's silly cheap and easy to get one in Bali as there are testing stations/clinics all over the place. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't had one.

My return was on the 25th of April. Of course, things change rapidly and things may be different now.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by OccasionalFlyerPerson
I have just been to Bali, and as a vaccinated traveller who followed the published rules, it was all very easy. I can't help with the specific routing problems of the OP and notice that @IAN-UK has already done so.
Any idea if Bali will accept a pre-travel PCR test that is home-based and video-proctored (Lucira)? I've searched and cannot find their specifications for PCR testing. Some countries were specifically refusing the video proctored PCR. It would save so much time and money, if allowed. Or better yet if they change to allowing rapid antigen for regular tourists (they allow it for the flight staff)
Old May 10, 2022, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by QT31415
Any idea if Bali will accept a pre-travel PCR test that is home-based and video-proctored (Lucira)? I've searched and cannot find their specifications for PCR testing. Some countries were specifically refusing the video proctored PCR. It would save so much time and money, if allowed. Or better yet if they change to allowing rapid antigen for regular tourists (they allow it for the flight staff)
While I think it would likely work, the only problem with Lucira is that it says "PCR-Quality" as opposed to PCR and that's always given me hesitation if challenged. It's more or less up to you on the level of risk you're willing to take, attempting to get a rapid PCR test while minutes are counting down to departure would stress me out.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA
I can confirm that arrival at CGK (not DPS) is no longer checked for PCR test result. You only have to convince the airline check-in counter for the flight into Indonesia of your PCR test result.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by a5un
I can confirm that arrival at CGK (not DPS) is no longer checked for PCR test result. You only have to convince the airline check-in counter for the flight into Indonesia of your PCR test result.
Are you stating that your personal experience is that Indonesia are not checking your PCR report on arrival or is this official policy now?
Old May 11, 2022, 2:59 am

I don't know. I had a PCR test from a recognised provider (DAM Health). My PCR test was checked both by my airline on check-in, and in the airport in Denpasar (DPS). YMMV.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
Are you stating that your personal experience is that Indonesia are not checking your PCR report on arrival or is this official policy now?
Personal experience, not official policy yet, but give it a couple weeks. I expect the policy to be updated by then.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Has anyone successfully completed an eHac? Is it necessary for vaccinated foreign tourists who are eligible for VOA? I've created an account on the PeduliLindungi app, but have not been able to upload my vaccination info or find the eHac.
Old May 13, 2022, 3:52 pm

All I needed to do was create the account on the PeduliLindungi app. I never did anything else with it at all. It appears that all you need is to have the app installed and put your details into it.

When I was challenged as to my vaccination status when entering a mall, I showed a paper copy of my UK vaccination pass, not the PeduliLindungi app.
steveholt likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
What are people doing regarding the proof of health insurance? The above site links to the Jagawisata site for local insurance coverage (looks like about $34 USD) but also says "Very rarely we hear from travellers that they have to show the documents upon arrival". Obviously not really worth a gamble on getting denied for such a low cost of coverage, but wondering what others have been doing and what their experience was with this item upon entry?
Old May 14, 2022, 2:43 am

I had a printout of my travel insurance document from Tescos in the UK. It was looked at and accepted. I didn't buy local insurance.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by OccasionalFlyerPerson
I had a printout of my travel insurance document from Tescos in the UK. It was looked at and accepted. I didn't buy local insurance.
Thanks. The wording I've seen on at least one site is a bit weighty. I guess any travel insurance would be accepted?
  • Proof of insurance ownership from an insurance company which is incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia, which covers health financing while the foreigner is in Indonesia
Old May 14, 2022, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Governator
Thanks. The wording I've seen on at least one site is a bit weighty. I guess any travel insurance would be accepted?
  • Proof of insurance ownership from an insurance company which is incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia, which covers health financing while the foreigner is in Indonesia
There is a minimum amount of coverage for covid-19 required. I can't remember the exact amount, but I made sure that my travel insurance covered it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.