Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid PCR test Colombo airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Rapid PCR test Colombo airport

Flying CMB-AUH-IAD on Etihad. Given the PCR requirement for AUH and the previous day test requirement for the US, it seems that my only option for a single test is to use the rapid PCR facility at the airport. Has anyone used that facility? Is it open to these transiting through AUH? THANKS
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Did you end up using this? Trying to figure out my 24 hour test to get back to the USA also.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I called the Colombo Airport Fast covid centre and they told me that NO, the facility is only available to these terminating their journey in the UAE. Transiting through Dubai or Abu Dhabi does not qualify you to use the facility. I also called the Asiri Surgical Hospital in Colombo and they told me that while the normal PCR takes 24 hours, they will expedite it to 12 or so hours for these travelling to the US. Since my EY flight was going to leave at 02:30AM, I would have probably opted for a PCR taken two days before (to satisfy the UAE requirement) plus an Antigen test taken the day before travel (to satisfy the US requirement.) The hospital person I spoke to said that while PCR tests require an appointment, Rapid antigen tests are widely available at many hospitals with no appointment required.

I ended up changing my flight to QR as they only require me to provide the antigen test result for the US and have no testing requirement for flying the airline or transiting through Qatar. I am taking with me a couple of test kits that are supported with a video call certification service just in case I encounter a problem with the local hospitals.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by UKdiver; Jan 5, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:47 pm

Just left via CMB to return to USA the other day. There is a great test facility right outside the airport where you can get a PCR test with results in about 3 hours. Cost is $38 per person. Payment in Dollars or via credit card only.

Antigen tests are currently reserved for emergencies only (travel does not count) due to lack of supply.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by the188
Just left via CMB to return to USA the other day. There is a great test facility right outside the airport where you can get a PCR test with results in about 3 hours. Cost is $38 per person. Payment in Dollars or via credit card only.

Antigen tests are currently reserved for emergencies only (travel does not count) due to lack of supply.
Do you have the name or address of this place?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by cayohueso
Do you have the name or address of this place?
the facility is here:

AASL-HOSPINORM LABORATORY & LOUNGE
+94 112 255 255
https://goo.gl/maps/pAfc8czsJRdi8KVJA

I used it and it was extremely efficient. I was in and out of there in 10 mins, and had the results within 2 hours. They promise four hours and it’s $38 for PCR.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jesset8
the facility is here:

AASL-HOSPINORM LABORATORY & LOUNGE
+94 112 255 255
https://goo.gl/maps/pAfc8czsJRdi8KVJA

I used it and it was extremely efficient. I was in and out of there in 10 mins, and had the results within 2 hours. They promise four hours and it’s $38 for PCR.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.