Vietnam/Cambodia Aug 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam/Cambodia Aug 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Is "downloading PC-Covid mobile app" still required to enter to Vietnam or has it been dropped ? Can't find current version of entry requirements .
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by lento
Is "downloading PC-Covid mobile app" still required to enter to Vietnam or has it been dropped ? Can't find current version of entry requirements .
No. Just need proof of health insurance.
lento likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by dinhoecotour
I meant some highlighted sites such as Lang Co beach, Hai Van pass…
The train is by far the best way to enjoy the views of Hai Van IMO. If you want to stop off at a beach though, a car transfer is better (or self-drive on a motorbike if you're confident — it's great fun).
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by bobbytables
The train is by far the best way to enjoy the views of Hai Van IMO. If you want to stop off at a beach though, a car transfer is better (or self-drive on a motorbike if you're confident — it's great fun).
Does the train go over? I thought it hugged the coastline. Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Does the train go over? I thought it hugged the coastline. Thanks.
The railway takes a more coastal route, passing about 250m up the mountain, with some viaducts and small tunnels. It's not as high as the road (which reaches almost 500m), but IMO the views are equally spectacular, and you have more opportunity to enjoy them. If you have time, experience both!
js1993 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by bobbytables
The railway takes a more coastal route, passing about 250m up the mountain, with some viaducts and small tunnels. It's not as high as the road (which reaches almost 500m), but IMO the views are equally spectacular, and you have more opportunity to enjoy them. If you have time, experience both!
Thanks. I went by road in 2019 and we stopped at the top. Definitely hoping to take the train next time.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:56 am
pjs

Just booked for June 2023. We've been to Hanoi/Ha Long Bay in 2018 so this time we are flying into SGN (via ANA biz) and then onto Da Nang with visits to Hue and Hoi An before heading to Cambodia (Siem Reap and Phnom Penh planned). I remember the visa being pretty easy to get last time (unfortunately our old ones expire 9/2022) so I assume it's still fairly straightforward post-covid.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by pjs
Just booked for June 2023. We've been to Hanoi/Ha Long Bay in 2018 so this time we are flying into SGN (via ANA biz) and then onto Da Nang with visits to Hue and Hoi An before heading to Cambodia (Siem Reap and Phnom Penh planned). I remember the visa being pretty easy to get last time (unfortunately our old ones expire 9/2022) so I assume it's still fairly straightforward post-covid.
I'd recommend a visit to the Ba Na Hills when you're in Da Nang. Spectacular cable-car rides — last I knew, longest in the world — and just a really cool place overall.
pjs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.