Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Are there any countries in Asia open? or soon to be opened?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any countries in Asia open? or soon to be opened?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:45 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nk15
I start getting Bluebird email promos...
​​​​​​
​​​​​​That's amusing...I used to keep a log of different Jakarta taxi companies; there must've been five Bluebird copycats alone (Sepakat, you're on notice!)
nk15 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by nk15
Saaaayyy whaaaaattt? ...
Recent covid quarantines have been labeled as hotel jail. I'd say it has earned that moniker.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rjh
James Clark of Future Southeast Asia (Recommended) has been traveling extensively. He recently was in Cambodia and wrote an interesting update on the cesspit Sihanoukville has become. He's now in Thailand.

He doesn't publish much about administrative details of traveling but does show it can be done (by him. I'm not going anywhere for a while yet.)
--
Rich
There is no more quarantine in Cambodia for vaccinated people since last October or November. Just an antigen test on arrival (would be better to not have that for sure, but when one remember what was Cambodia requirements before, it's heaven). The main problem is to reach Cambodia as there are very few flights. I was in shock to see on FR24 that until last week, there was only one flight a day in REP (to/from SIN on SQ). Now there are 2, sometimes 3 ! PNH has more flights but still very few. Whatever PNH or REP, it involves very long connections (8 to 12 hrs) in BKK or SIN to reach Cambodia. Before Covid, the 3 main ways to reach Cambodia were China, Vietnam and BKK. The 2 first are gone. SIN is currently the best one.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by steview111
Hi David, does what you wrote apply to the whole of the Philippines? I’m looking at heading there in March, flying into Cebu and out of Manila. Haven’t planned exactly where in between but can’t find any information as to whether certain regions are closed or restricted.
Found the following press release from PH gov that has some more specifics about entry requirements, etc.

The link is from a press release by PH gov and the full press release is posted to their FB page: https://bit.ly/3HeormD

A more recent post on the same FB has images with detailed requirements for different categories.

Last edited by samplat; Feb 11, 2022 at 8:08 pm
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by samplat
Found the following press release from PH gov that has some more specifics about entry requirements, etc.

The link is from a press release by PH gov and the full press release is posted to their FB page: https://bit.ly/3HeormD

A more recent post on the same FB has images with detailed requirements for different categories.
I don't have FB so I assume they are now open for vac w/o quarantine or test on arrival - a few questions:
1) do u know what their rules are if you test positive (eg when testing for return flight) - any forced hospitalization?
2) I was looking into Cebu and found that there was very bad flooding recently due to a ?typhoon - have they recovered?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Text from the FB page posted below. Also this document is linked: https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/d...SO-159-RRD.pdf

28 January 2022
PRESS RELEASE

PH to open borders to foreign tourists

MANILA, Philippines—The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that the country will be opening its borders to the entry of foreign tourists starting February 10.

In an advisory, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said that, in compliance with the resolution from the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) issued on Thursday, fully vaccinated nationals of non-visa required countries under Executive Order No. 408 s. 1960 as amended, shall be allowed to enter the Philippines.

A total of 157 countries are considered visa free, including the United States of America, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, UK, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Arriving tourists are required to present a passport valid for at least 6 months, and the required proof of vaccination against Covid-19.

Accepted proofs of vaccination are World Health Organization International Certificates of Vaccination and Prophylaxis, VaxCertPH, or national/state digital certificate of the foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement unless otherwise permitted by the IATF-MEID.

Additionally, according to the resolution, starting February 1, arriving passengers must submit a negative RT-PCR test valid for 48 hours prior to departure from country of origin.

Those fully vaccinated are no longer required to undergo facility-based quarantine, but shall self-monitor for 7 days. On the other hand, unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and those whose vaccination status cannot be confirmed shall undergo the required quarantine protocols as implemented by the Bureau of Quarantine and the local government units.

Minors are exempted from providing proof of vaccination.

“The opening of our borders to foreign tourists is a welcome development,” said Morente. “We see this as a giant leap towards the rebound of the tourism and international travel sector,” he added.
I can't find the other document which is posted (the 6 page one labeled Advisory: Revised Travel Restrictions Guidelines and Quarantine Classifications): https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...24609793033204. TLDR:
  • Fully vaccinated: Negative PCR within 48 hours and 7 days self monitoring
  • Unvaccinated: Negative PCR within 48 hours and facility-based quarantine for 5 days and home quarantine for 9 days
  • Unvaccinated minor Filipino nationals: Follow parents quarantine protocol
  • Fully recovered Filipino nationals with positive PCR: Medical certificate needed then basically the same requirements for vaccinated/unvaccinated
  • Foreign nationals entering visa free: fully vaccinated, negative PCR within 48 hours, return ticket, 6 month passport validity, travel insurance for US $35,000, 7 days self monitoring
  • Foreign children traveling with Filipino nationals: follow parents quarantine protocol
  • Foreign nationals entering through 9a visa: Secure entry exemption document, fully vaccinated, negative PCR within 48 hours, 7 days self monitoring
  • Foreign nationals with other visas: fully vaccinated, negative PCR within 48 hours, 7 days self monitoring
  • Full vaccination: 2 dose or single dose more than 14 days prior
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by estnet
I don't have FB so I assume they are now open for vac w/o quarantine or test on arrival - a few questions:
1) do u know what their rules are if you test positive (eg when testing for return flight) - any forced hospitalization?
Read this site (although it says updated May 2021): https://doh.gov.ph/COVID-19/FAQs

HOW IS THE HOME QUARANTINE OR ISOLATION BEING DONE?

1. If you have severe or critical symptoms, you will be referred to a hospital
  2. If you are asymptomatic or with mild/moderate symptoms, you may isolate yourself at your home or you may go to a Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility (TTMF)
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Interesting story and video...

This 33-year-old left the U.S. for Bali and lives a ‘life of luxury’ on $2,233 a month—how he spends his money (msn.com)
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:58 am

I didn't watch the video but it's amusing how he posts an Instagram pic (in the article) in the Alila Villas Uluwatu (price: $700 before tax for one night) and also spends about $1,010 on rent and utilities each month. Guess he's not living there

Slightly off topic but it is actually pretty hard to find mid-range properties in certain locations like Bali and tourist spots in Mexico: you either have the $70 or less cheap hotels and the $700 tourist places. Como Uma Ubud was the only one I found in the middle and it was quite nice, I hope it's still there when I get back
nk15 and clubeurope like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
You can see his place in the video, watch it, it is a nice video. He also talks about some of the difficulties.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:16 pm

Cool video, he says he spends $300 for a weekend at the Alila every month. So he probably reads this forum (hi!)
I miss Asia more and more...
estnet and nk15 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by gudugan
Read this site (although it says updated May 2021): https://doh.gov.ph/COVID-19/FAQs
Originally Posted by gudugan
Text from the FB page posted below. Also this document is linked: https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/d...SO-159-RRD.pdf

I can't find the other document which is posted (the 6 page one labeled Advisory: Revised Travel Restrictions Guidelines and Quarantine Classifications): https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...24609793033204. TLDR:
  • Fully vaccinated: Negative PCR within 48 hours and 7 days self monitoring
  • Unvaccinated: Negative PCR within 48 hours and facility-based quarantine for 5 days and home quarantine for 9 days
  • Unvaccinated minor Filipino nationals: Follow parents quarantine protocol
  • Fully recovered Filipino nationals with positive PCR: Medical certificate needed then basically the same requirements for vaccinated/unvaccinated
  • Foreign nationals entering visa free: fully vaccinated, negative PCR within 48 hours, return ticket, 6 month passport validity, travel insurance for US $35,000, 7 days self monitoring
  • Foreign children traveling with Filipino nationals: follow parents quarantine protocol
  • Foreign nationals entering through 9a visa: Secure entry exemption document, fully vaccinated, negative PCR within 48 hours, 7 days self monitoring
  • Foreign nationals with other visas: fully vaccinated, negative PCR within 48 hours, 7 days self monitoring
  • Full vaccination: 2 dose or single dose more than 14 days prior
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:49 pm
R2

Originally Posted by estnet
I saw this somewhere else as well but can't find any information on it now. Does PH require a negative PCR test for leaving the Philippines? Even if your destination country does not require it?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:27 am

My contacts in Kyrgyzstan are saying that the country dropped/is to drop the requirement to be PCR-tested for entry if one is vaccinated. I’ll try and find more info.
uanj likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Another encouraging sign of a return towards normality: Vietnam lifting remaining restrictions on international flights, per CNA.

Vietnam will remove its COVID-19 restrictions on international passenger flights with all markets starting Feb 15, with no limitation on the number of flights, the state-run Tuoi Tre newspaper reported on Sunday (Feb 13).

Vietnam had already begun gradually resuming international flights with 15 markets from the beginning of this year while easing quarantine requirements, with vaccinated passengers now needing only three days of self-isolation.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia...feb-15-2495541
Goldorak and gudugan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.