Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Day15 Curfew here in Galkissa Sri Lanka

Day15 Curfew here in Galkissa Sri Lanka

Old Dec 6, 2020, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quarryking
Do you get to choose from a list of hotels or by default is it Mt. Lavinia Hotel ?

There is a list to choose from that includes some 5 Star Hotels however the ARMY is in full charge and has final say so... We also want to use the MT Lavinia Hotel as its only 2 minute walk to our Condo.. I will know a lot more when my friend lands early Tuesday Morning...
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bulbmogul
There is a list to choose from that includes some 5 Star Hotels however the ARMY is in full charge and has final say so... We also want to use the MT Lavinia Hotel as its only 2 minute walk to our Condo.. I will know a lot more when my friend lands early Tuesday Morning...
Mt. Lavinia should be convenient enough then.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Daily Mirror - SL to resume flight operations from Dec. 26

Starting to look promising hopefully..
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:07 pm

Did you guys manage to make it back into the country ?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Did you guys manage to make it back into the country ?

Well finally I can say "YES" we will be on our way to "The Emerald Isle" in less then 2 weeks time as it is not like traveling pre COVID but at least we are going and will stay about 2 1/2 months... I been waiting for this day since late october when we really wanted to leave...

Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:55 pm

Well finally I can say "YES" we will be on our way to "The Emerald Isle" in less then 2 weeks time as it is not like traveling pre COVID but at least we are going and will stay about 2 1/2 months... I been waiting for this day since late october when we really wanted to leave...

A little late here to see your update and so presuming your on the island already.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

A little late here to see your update and so presuming your on the island already.

Yes we been here and "In the Wild" so to speak as out of quarantine for almost 2 months..Not much really has changed but hardly and tourists...
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:08 pm

Yes we been here and "In the Wild" so to speak as out of quarantine for almost 2 months..Not much really has changed but hardly and tourists...
Good to know your back on the island and all ok. So which hotel was the 2 week quarantine in ?
Looks like most of the tourists are headed there on a package tour of sorts with most of them coming in from Kazakhstan. They've also indefinitely deferred the re-opening of a travel bubble with India.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Headed back to Sri Lanka this week

Well this time all required is a -PCR Test and our vaccination card and go to roll. Little bit different then we left in March of this year no doubt...

Anyone coming to Sri lanka soon..?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Good to know your back on the island and all ok. So which hotel was the 2 week quarantine in ?
Looks like most of the tourists are headed there on a package tour of sorts with most of them coming in from Kazakhstan. They've also indefinitely deferred the re-opening of a travel bubble with India.
We stayed at THE CORAL SANDS in Hikkiduwa and was very nice for what it was...
quarryking likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:23 am

We stayed at THE CORAL SANDS in Hikkiduwa and was very nice for what it was...
Are you all still on the island now. Looks like there are some massive power cuts being enforced every day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.