Day15 Curfew here in Galkissa Sri Lanka

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day15 Curfew here in Galkissa Sri Lanka

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Curfew now has been extended until the 11th of May with airport still closed except for cargo...Hmmmm
Old May 12, 2020, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Curfew in CMB still exists BUT

Today we were able to purchase airline tickets from CMB-DTW via QATAR AIRLINES even tho airport is still closed and no incoming passenger flights. Qatar Airlines brings cargo once weekly from Qatar and are allowed to shuttle back passengers stranded here on The Emerald Isle. So wife and I was able to get tickets out of here soon back to doom and gloom Ohio, USA...
Old May 14, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bulbmogul
Today we were able to purchase airline tickets from CMB-DTW via QATAR AIRLINES even tho airport is still closed and no incoming passenger flights. Qatar Airlines brings cargo once weekly from Qatar and are allowed to shuttle back passengers stranded here on The Emerald Isle. So wife and I was able to get tickets out of here soon back to doom and gloom Ohio, USA...
Which date are you currently scheduled to fly out on ?
Old May 18, 2020, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quarryking
Which date are you currently scheduled to fly out on ?
We just were able to get our tickets recently to fly out the end of the month on QATAR Airlines to Chicago after being here 225 days...!
Old May 21, 2020, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Old May 28, 2020, 11:58 pm

Heard that some of the restrictions have been lifted in CMB ?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Heard that some of the restrictions have been lifted in CMB ?
Yes pretty much so to travel between districts etc..We are back in States and all went well. Flight crew looked like something out of GHOSTBUSTERS but awesome service on QATAR AIRLINES..
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Being back home in States since 1st of June, already getting the itch to start making travel plans back to Sri Lanka but still as of today they have not opened there borders to international travellll!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 8:48 pm

Being back home in States since 1st of June, already getting the itch to start making travel plans back to Sri Lanka but still as of today they have not opened there borders to international travellll!
Looks like Sri Lanka's borders are still pretty much shut to all International flights. Any tentative date you've set to get back to the tropics ?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Looks like Sri Lanka's borders are still pretty much shut to all International flights. Any tentative date you've set to get back to the tropics ?
We are also following things very closely and as of now, still no word on when they are going to open the airport for international flights. Are plans are to leave end of next month or 1st week of November but no good news yet... They are still bringing back Sri lankans whom are stranded .. Usually we would already have tickets in hand etc etc etc... We will go as soon as it opens up to us...
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:55 am

We are also following things very closely and as of now, still no word on when they are going to open the airport for international flights. Are plans are to leave end of next month or 1st week of November but no good news yet... They are still bringing back Sri lankans whom are stranded .. Usually we would already have tickets in hand etc etc etc... We will go as soon as it opens up to us...
Not sure if there any Travel Bubbles in place between Sri Lanka and a select bunch of countries.
When looking thru the constantly changing airline schedules, i see the following:

Emirates running a daily
Etihad running 3 weekly
And lastly of coruse, a very scaled down Sri Lankan network which seems more like repatriation flights and not regualr commercial services.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

SRI LANKA Possibly November 2020 YESSSSSSS

Three ministries work out plan to revive tourism | Times Online - Daily Online Edition of The Sunday Times Sri Lanka
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:46 pm

So, your on a long term/ Resident type visa at the moment for Sri Lanka ?
Old Dec 6, 2020, 2:49 am
Original Poster

So, your on a long term/ Resident type visa at the moment for Sri Lanka ?

Yes that is correct plus my wife is a Duel Citizen of Sri Lanka and USA... Looking like we will be heading back quite soon. My neighbor at my condo in Sri lanka is heading back today from Washington DC to Colombo. Yes he will have 14 days quarantine at the Mt Lavinia Hotel then 14 more at the Condo after that. He is like us and stays 6-8 months every year so no problem....
Old Dec 6, 2020, 8:42 am

Yes that is correct plus my wife is a Duel Citizen of Sri Lanka and USA... Looking like we will be heading back quite soon. My neighbor at my condo in Sri lanka is heading back today from Washington DC to Colombo. Yes he will have 14 days quarantine at the Mt Lavinia Hotel then 14 more at the Condo after that. He is like us and stays 6-8 months every year so no problem....
Do you get to choose from a list of hotels or by default is it Mt. Lavinia Hotel ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.