Wiki Posts
Search

Access to lounges at MNL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Alaska 75K, Marriott Premier Plat
Access to lounges at MNL

With a few weeks before my first trip to the Philippines, I am hoping to find a lounge accepting Priority Pass where I can shower and get some rest between my flight from SFO into Terminal 1 and my connection to LIO out of Terminal 4. I arrive at 3:30am at Terminal 1, and my flight from Terminal 4 is at 11am.

It looks like the lounges accepting Priority Pass that would be open at that early hour would be in Terminal 3, which I would have otherwise no reason to be at.

- As a foreign traveler needing to go through immigration, would I be able to visit Terminal 3 without a ticketed flight going to or from there?
- Supposing I can, would I have enough time to do this comfortably including going through customs? I am not checking a bag.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Sorry to say you will have no access to a lounge. You can not access airside in terminal 3 without a boarding pass. Terminal 4 has no lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I feel for you, by the time one disembark at MNL T1 and exit immigrations/customs, you will need a shower.

There might be pay per use shower at some of the "spa" along with pay per hour sleeping beds airside in T1 before immigrations. Unlike Singapore, the Philippines is not a place I feel safe leaving my bags unclaimed.
It has been a while since I had to endure T1, I have no direct info on the progress of improvements. There are shower and beds spas at T3, airside and landside.
In order to get into T3 you need a ticket or boarding pass for a T3 flight.

If you feel you really need a shower, there are walkways connected hotels, HIX and Marriott.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Alaska 75K, Marriott Premier Plat
Thanks for the help! I suspected that may be the case. Is there a way to get back airside at T1 when arriving after customs or is that also not an option?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by JeremyApp
Thanks for the help! I suspected that may be the case. Is there a way to get back airside at T1 when arriving after customs or is that also not an option?
You will need to enter T1, Check in for a flight and pass exit immigration.

Seems like a negotiated short stay for a shower at the HIX or Marriott is the best option. Both have shuttle service from T1-3.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by tentseller
You will need to enter T1, Check in for a flight and pass exit immigration.

Seems like a negotiated short stay for a shower at the HIX or Marriott is the best option. Both have shuttle service from T1-3.
Problem is that OP departs from T4 - a.k.a. Domestic Terminal. Neither HIX nor Marriott are viable options for this. OP probably also has to arrange own transportation between T1 and T4, the shuttle tend to be unreliable. There is a budget hotel at the Jollibee roughly across T4 which might take guests at hourly rates, no personal experience though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.