Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

How much would cost ride from KLIA to Kuantan?

Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:20 am
Original Poster

My flight is landing to KLIA 21.15 and Im thinking about to take Grab or some other ride straight from airport to Kuantan Hyatt Regency. Gmaps shows 3h 43m and 321km. I would like to know how much that ride would about cost with Grab, taxi or some other ride service? And how easy it is to get that long ride on that time of day? And what is best option to use?

And I know that busses are cheap and clean, but I don't want to take that kind of hassle on that time of evening after long flights. Or is there some busses operating straight from airport to Kuantan?

My second option is to be one night in KL then make that bus trip next day to Kuantan.

Oh and I'm travelling with wife and two kids(teens).
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:18 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I am not sure that with Grab you can get such a long distance ride. To compare, ride from Johor to Malacca I was quoted RM300 one way, not included tolls and gas. From Singapore to Malacca I was quoted SGD $185 one way, again without toll and gas charges. So it might end up several hundred dollars.

Renting a car and do self-drive is an obvious alternative. But why not check flight options? AirAsia shows that one way is like RM60-90 range - that’s the same price as bus. Well, without luggage and flight is once per day. Malaysia Airlines flies three times per day.

Last edited by invisible; Jan 4, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:25 am

A pre-booked taxi would cost you around RM650, and would fit you all in. I just asked a driver I use occasionally.
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: Asiana Club
I did this last year with Grab from KLIA to the east coast, about the same distance as to Kuantan (maybe a little more), and it was about 450-500 MYR, about 4.5 hours drive.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Don’t always trust the time estimate from Google maps. I had one in Indonesia tell me 6.5 hours. It was double that.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:28 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I wrote a long review of HR Kuantan, including some info on the bus. I'd avoid the bus at all cost. Why not fly?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by jpdx
I wrote a long review of HR Kuantan, including some info on the bus. I'd avoid the bus at all cost. Why not fly?
You can't do neither of it right now - Malaysia in in complete lockdown.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by invisible
You can't do neither of it right now - Malaysia in in complete lockdown.
Flight still operational domestically as usual. Just that hotel F&B will be closed, eateries will only allow takeaway and staying outside is strongly discouraged.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.