FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia-460/)
-   -   Asian Countries W. Full Page Visas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/2001440-asian-countries-w-full-page-visas.html)

dparkinson Dec 27, 2019 9:15 am

Asian Countries W. Full Page Visas

As of the last time I went, Vietnam issues full page visas regardless of how you apply (embassy, airport, etc.) but are there any others that do, as well? I think Cambodia's eVisa just gets stapled.

From my experience, and updated what others said below in italics:

No Stamp:
S. Korea
HK

Quarter Page (Inbound only):
Singapore
Japan (recent reports)
Taiwan (assuming E-Gate for departure)

1/2 Page (Inbound + Outbound):
Thailand
Japan (as of last year)
China (TWOV, regular visa requires full page)
Malaysia
Philippines
Myanmar
Sri Lanka

Full Page:
Vietnam
Laos
Nepal (or 3/4 of a page)

Not sure:
Indonesia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Mongolia

Daawgon Dec 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Lao is a full page sticker like Vietnam

nancypants Dec 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Nepal is about a half page
mongolia is still a full page I believe but I haven’t renewed a visa for there since 2006

rjh Dec 27, 2019 8:10 pm

The Vietnam multi entry, one year visa I got January, 2019 was two page, loose leaf. Immigration applies stamps to the blank back.

seavisionburma Dec 28, 2019 1:44 am

Myanmar is a full page if you do Visa issued from embassy or Visa on arrival.
If you do the online Evisa, then it's just a stamp

seavisionburma Dec 28, 2019 1:54 am

Malaysia, small stamp only for most Visa exempt entries

PAX_fips Dec 28, 2019 5:40 am

Taiwan: two small stamps (in/out) for Visa exempt.
Japan: postage stamp (in, "landing permission") and small stamp outbound - basically needs half a page.

Repooc17 Dec 28, 2019 5:55 am

Originally Posted by dparkinson (Post 31880514)

China

The visa itself (e.g. 10 year for visitors) take up an entire page permanently.

Each entry and exit are stamped. I have had at least 10 full entry/exit stamps on one page.

glennaa11 Dec 30, 2019 6:58 am

I did evisa for Vietnam early this year and it was just loose leaf. I don't know if the embassy issued visa is still the full pager though.

More countries seem to be doing away with them. I was disappointed by lack of stamps when I was in S. Korea and Taiwan last month.

gengar Dec 30, 2019 10:21 am

Originally Posted by dparkinson (Post 31880514)
Japan

Originally Posted by PAX_fips (Post 31883009)
Japan: postage stamp (in, "landing permission") and small stamp outbound - basically needs half a page.

Japan is not a topic for this forum, but note that Japan no longer requires outbound stamp, so only the inbound sticker is required. The outbound stamp is optional for those who need it.

eneq Dec 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Philippines is two 1/4 stamps (in/out) for visa-free countries.

dparkinson Dec 30, 2019 2:19 pm

Thanks all. Updated my post with info gleaned here, including Japan. Curious if anyone has left Japan from CTS or another airport that isnt HND, NRT, KIX and NGO without the stamp, as those 4 have the more advanced technology.

nancypants Dec 30, 2019 3:01 pm

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e62986513.jpeg
Nepal is definitely not a full page. It would be half a page if they stuck it neatly but the bloke who did my last one didn’t. Although there’s still space around it for a bunch of stamps

eigenvector Dec 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Uzbekistan and Russia are both full-page. India is full page when the visa is issued at an embassy, for e-visa it's just a stamp.

gengar Dec 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11 (Post 31888833)
More countries seem to be doing away with them. I was disappointed by lack of stamps when I was in S. Korea and Taiwan last month.

re: Taiwan, just out of curiosity, was this because they had you go through the e-Gates?

There were some reports on the BR forum about foreign passport holders being sent through e-Gate on exit (even those not signed up for a e-Gate reciprocity program), but nothing about entry.

glennaa11 Dec 30, 2019 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 31891264)
re: Taiwan, just out of curiosity, was this because they had you go through the e-Gates?

There were some reports on the BR forum about foreign passport holders being sent through e-Gate on exit (even those not signed up for a e-Gate reciprocity program), but nothing about entry.

Actually I just checked and there was an entry stamp at TPE. I exited at KHH and there were only egates. I don't know what happens if there's an issue since there was no staff around.

PAX_fips Dec 31, 2019 2:23 am

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 31889489)
Japan is not a topic for this forum, but note that Japan no longer requires outbound stamp, so only the inbound sticker is required. The outbound stamp is optional for those who need it.

Since when? Didn't see an "option" to skip it when I left HND in 04/2019. Will lookout about it in 03/2020.

gengar Dec 31, 2019 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11 (Post 31891426)
Actually I just checked and there was an entry stamp at TPE. I exited at KHH and there were only egates. I don't know what happens if there's an issue since there was no staff around.

Interesting that e-Gates were the only option at KHH. I can't supply any data points unfortunately since I have e-Gate access.

Originally Posted by PAX_fips (Post 31891967)
Since when? Didn't see an "option" to skip it when I left HND in 04/2019. Will lookout about it in 03/2020.

I first noticed it exiting this month (meaning December). There was a sign at the exit check at HND mentioning the change.

Repooc17 Dec 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson (Post 31890269)
Thanks all. Updated my post with info gleaned here, including Japan.

You will definitely get passport stamped in Taiwan.

You still have China as 1/2 page; unless it's changed recently, Chinese Visa takes up an entire page.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5d8552362c.jpg

DesertNomad Jan 1, 2020 10:04 pm

Pakistan is a full page too.

quarryking Jan 4, 2020 12:09 am

Malaysia does a Full page visa if your applying at an Embassy for a 1 year Multiple Entry Visa
Sri Lanka does a Full page visa if your applying for a Work Visa there. Else it's just a 1/4 sticker.
Thailand also does a Full page visa if your applying at an Embassy for a Tourist Visa (Costs about 4 times more though compared to the VOA)
Myanmar too was a doing a a Full page visa if one applied via the Embassy (this was as of Jan '19, not sure if its changed now)
Kazakhstan also doing a Full page visa for Business/ Work visas (not sure about Tourist Visas)

restlessinRNO Jan 6, 2020 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by PAX_fips (Post 31883009)
Taiwan: two small stamps (in/out) for Visa exempt.

On numerous trips to Taiwan (TPE), I always get 2 small stamps, entry and exit, as Visa Exempt, USA passport. I am not able to use e-gates. :)

jpdx Jan 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO (Post 31918032)
On numerous trips to Taiwan (TPE), I always get 2 small stamps, entry and exit, as Visa Exempt, USA passport. I am not able to use e-gates. :)

Taiwan is very variable in my experience. In half a dozen trips in 2019, I always got a stamp on entry. Upon departure, I only was stamped once, sent through e-gates the other times. At KHH, if you go through e-gates, there will be a machine past the checkpoint that allows you to scan your passport and print a departure sticker. I also saw these machines at TPE, but they were mothballed.

In my experience in Asia, the question isn’t so much how much space a country’s stamp takes up, it’s who has the worst stampers. In my experience, Taiwanese, Singaporeans, and Japanese will make great efforts to stamp/sticker on partially used pages. In contrast, Malaysians and Indonesians will often make no effort at all and stamp right in the middle of a virgin page. Thai and Vietnamese officers are pretty good at saving space, but they’re anal about entry and exit stamps being right next to each other.

vietnamvisabox Jan 13, 2020 12:39 am

Vietnam is full page visa, and stamp for entry / exit in other blank page. E-visa / Free visa with only stamp for entry / exit on the blank page.

s0ssos Jan 13, 2020 12:48 am

OP should just change the format to a wiki. As the first post has lots of wrong information.

Anyway, Vietnam's evisa has nothing in your passport, visa is one page.

s0ssos Jan 13, 2020 12:49 am

Originally Posted by PAX_fips (Post 31891967)

It was a new policy. Implemented Dec 29 :p

YuropFlyer Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am

Republic of China (Taiwan) definitely stamps (twice, inbound and outbound - outbound can be avoided if using the machines) - and be aware, they won't mind stamping one of the few blank pages unless you tell them.

China (PR) is full page but since the Visa can be multiple entry, only requires entry&exit stamp (rather small) which they always squeeze somewhere, never had any immigration officer trying to use a blank page to stamp.

Also, Japan is a full-page visa sticker if you require a Visa. Plus extra stamp. Since they need double empty page, it's quite a hassle.

Israel is no stamps (removable sticker) - they definitely know why they're doing that ;)

UAE stamps, and had them using a blank page (and due to their setup of the immigration booth, hard to tell them to not do that)

Singapore stamps on entry, exit when using machines is stamp-free.

Malaysia is stamp on entry & exit.

dparkinson Jan 13, 2020 1:07 pm

Updated with wiki. Fixed some issues from above. Thanks all.

Akiestar Jan 15, 2020 11:41 pm

I should clarify: the Philippines only issues half sticker visas for visa extensions and conversions. This previously used to be a regular stamp until the Bureau of Immigration decided to go the sticker route when the process of applying for a visa extension became much more computerized than it was previously. Visa-exempt nationals don't get any special stamps or stickers aside from the normal departure and arrival stamps.

On that note, the Philippines also issues full-page visas to nationals who need it. In fact, the DFA released a new design for the visa sticker which now (for the first time) includes a picture of the visa holder.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1d3931f3f6.jpg

Meanwhile, for India, if you get an eVisa, you just get a half-page stamp, but they give full-page visas if you apply for one. I have the former in my Philippine passport from the first time I went there, but I have the latter in my U.S. passport since I decided to go back (and since the visas are valid for 10 years anyway, which is more cost-effective than multiple eVisas).

dparkinson Jan 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Quick double check re: Vietnam
VOA and visa from the embassy get a full page sticker. If arriving w. an evisa, do you still get a full page sticker or is it 1/4 page stamp in, 1/4 page stamp out and you keep the evisa PDF w. you stapled (or otherwise)

tearex Jan 30, 2020 3:06 pm

Our Vietnam and Cambodia single entry visa from embassy is a full page sticker. Cambodia staples your stamped immigration form to the visa and removes it on exit. Both also used 1/4 page entry/exit stamp on opposite page.

nk15 Jan 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Indonesia is visa-exempt for 30 days for 169 countries, so only one small passport stamp on entry and exit. Those two stamps are usually partially overlapping and take about 1/3 of the page together. (You can fit 3 roundtrips on a page).

Milkman670 Jan 30, 2020 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 32014178)
Indonesia is visa-exempt for 30 days for 169 countries, so only one small passport stamp on entry and exit. Those two stamps are usually partially overlapping and take about 1/3 of the page together. (You can fit 3 roundtrips on a page).

60 day Tourist visa is full page sticker

quarryking Jan 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Milkman670 (Post 32014228)
60 day Tourist visa is full page sticker

Is this Visa obtained an embassy ?

Milkman670 Jan 31, 2020 5:28 am

Originally Posted by quarryking (Post 32014890)
Is this Visa obtained an embassy ?

I used a visa handling company in my home country. Sent application and passport in and they do the embassy work. Was a 5 day turn around but is only good for 90 days from date is issue.

Scifience Feb 8, 2020 4:22 pm

• Myanmar is definitely a full page for business visas on arrival (tourist e-visa may be different); I should know as half my passport is filled up with the damned things. If you ask nicely, they'll sometimes be willing to stamp entry/exit on top of the visa sticker itself to save half a page.
  • Indonesia is a full page for a business visa as well.
  • Thailand is a full page for a business visa (non-imm B).
  • Pakistan used to be a full page, very old-school-looking sticker, but now does much more convenient e-visas including for business trips. I will not miss the days of having to call the consul every time to try and keep the process moving...
  • Bangladesh also a full page for business visas.