FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia-460/)
-   -   Best way to hotels from SGN airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/1996719-best-way-hotels-sgn-airport.html)

anandrag Nov 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Best way to hotels from SGN airport

Staying at the IC Saigon Residences in Ho Chi Min later this week. Wondering what beat transportation options are

invisible Nov 24, 2019 6:19 am

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 31770453)
Staying at the IC Saigon Residences in Ho Chi Min later this week. Wondering what beat transportation options are

Best in terms of what? Price? Convenience? Something else?

anandrag Nov 24, 2019 7:04 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 31771226)
Best in terms of what? Price? Convenience? Something else?

would say price convenience and safety/reliability

rjh Nov 24, 2019 9:00 am

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 31770453)

Grab

invisible Nov 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 31771341)
would say price convenience and safety/reliability

Grab is your best/most reliable/least ended up cheated option. To have the best result, instead of dropping pin or address as a source/destination, you need to select landmarks. Like a cafe/restaurant/hotel as a source and a different hotel/restaurant/landmark as a destination.

For picking up at SGN, make sure that you are connected to wifi before booking the ride and the system will tell you at will pillar to go and wait for the car to pick you up. You can text the pillar # to the driver within the app. Wifi at the ariport might be not strong enough if you stand outside to keep the phone connected, just connect while in arrivals area, call car, identify at which pillar you need to go and go there 1-2 min before car's arrival. Or you can get local SIM card for data connectivity.

rjh Nov 26, 2019 9:44 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 31777074)
... Or you can get local SIM card for data connectivity.

My Google Fi gives ok H+ service in HCMC, but I usually get a Viettel SIM for my backup phone, which gets LTE. Viettel is owned by the VN military, which may or may not matter.

Get the SIM at the airport after Customs (you can get before, but more selection after). Have them activate, test, and switch to English (I usually forget this last step, which generally doesn't matter).

5khours Nov 27, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm probably Grab's best customer in HCMC, but from the airport I always take a Vinasun or Mai Linh cab just because it tends to be quicker.

That said, Grab from the airport is fine as well.

Or if you get in early in the morning and want to stretch your legs, the weather is cool this time of year, and you can walk it in just over an hour if you're traveling light.

dinhoecotour Dec 2, 2019 9:30 pm

For Vinasun or Mai Linh taxi, book it inside the airport terminal.

5khours Dec 3, 2019 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by dinhoecotour (Post 31798466)
For Vinasun or Mai Linh taxi, book it inside the airport terminal.

No need what so ever. Just walk all the way to the left after coming out of the terminal. Suggest you write down your location or show it to the driver on your phone.