Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Off the beaten track places in Luang Prabang and Hanoi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Amelorn
Luang Prabang...
I enjoyed a small riverside restaurant along Khem Khong just a few steps northeast of this hot pot/bbq set up. It was one of the less ornate restaurants, where you descend a few steps to a wooden balcony where some plain tables give you a magnificent view of the Mekong. They served solid food, cold cheap (9k big bottle) Beer Lao, and the best mango sticky rice I have ever had (I've spent months in total in Thailand). It's not one the the more polished-looking outfits with nicer tablecloths or awnings, but the people who run it are great.
This place is not open. Not sure if it's seasonal or what. We had the mango sticky rice at the Obama coconut places a few dozen feet up the road and it was amazing. It's the rice.

I did a sunset cruise and highly recommend it. Relaxing and pretty cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.