FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia-460/)
-   -   Bishkek, Tashkent & Khujand Day Trips (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/1990626-bishkek-tashkent-khujand-day-trips.html)

Bonaturtle Oct 9, 19 5:56 am

Bishkek, Tashkent & Khujand Day Trips
 
I'm doing a bit of a whirlwind trip end of November, and my first three stops are the three cities above. I'll have a full day in each, with Khujand being an arranged tour leaving from Tashkent. Bishkek and Tashkent going to do on my own. Other than the typical stuff to see, anything not to miss? Restaurants to definitely hit? Drinks not to miss? I've been in the region once before, but in Kazakhstan. Cheers

PVDtoDEL Oct 10, 19 9:28 pm

I did a day trip to Issyk-Kul from Bishkek and had a great time.

If you aren't planning to go to Samarkand, I would recommend doing a day trip there from Tashkent (domestic flight there in the morning, back in the evening).

Bonaturtle Oct 11, 19 2:22 am


Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL (Post 31615208)
I did a day trip to Issyk-Kul from Bishkek and had a great time.

If you aren't planning to go to Samarkand, I would recommend doing a day trip there from Tashkent (domestic flight there in the morning, back in the evening).

Wanted to do Samarkand, but won't have enough time as I've used the extra day to go to Khujand in Tajikistan. Gonna hit it next time when I do Turkmenistan, Pakistan & Afghanistan.

B7474U3 Nov 16, 19 10:14 am


Originally Posted by Bonaturtle (Post 31608708)
I'm doing a bit of a whirlwind trip end of November, and my first three stops are the three cities above. I'll have a full day in each, with Khujand being an arranged tour leaving from Tashkent. Bishkek and Tashkent going to do on my own. Other than the typical stuff to see, anything not to miss? Restaurants to definitely hit? Drinks not to miss? I've been in the region once before, but in Kazakhstan. Cheers

There is a Navat restaurant in Bishkek (they have English menus and a website in English too). Food was very good Central Asian cuisine and well priced - my personal favourite being the veal lagman. They also have a branch in Almaty too.

When I went to Bishkek I did a day trip to Kol Tor lake (it was a 14km hike there and back so not for the faint hearted) and Belogorka - the waterfall is only a 20 minute walk from the car park so this is probably and easier one to do. The landscapes were stunning in both cases.

If you donít have long Iíd just stick with going around Bishkek - itís a very Soviet city with lots of parks and grey buildings which I found quite interesting.

The one thing not to miss in Tashkent is the metro - itís simply stunning!

Bonaturtle Nov 18, 19 2:26 am


Originally Posted by B7474U3 (Post 31743504)
There is a Navat restaurant in Bishkek (they have English menus and a website in English too). Food was very good Central Asian cuisine and well priced - my personal favourite being the veal lagman. They also have a branch in Almaty too.

When I went to Bishkek I did a day trip to Kol Tor lake (it was a 14km hike there and back so not for the faint hearted) and Belogorka - the waterfall is only a 20 minute walk from the car park so this is probably and easier one to do. The landscapes were stunning in both cases.

If you donít have long Iíd just stick with going around Bishkek - itís a very Soviet city with lots of parks and grey buildings which I found quite interesting.

The one thing not to miss in Tashkent is the metro - itís simply stunning!

Solid, thx for the restaurant recommendation. I for sure won't miss the metro stations in Tashkent, that's right up my alley.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.