Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Help: 2 Week Bali Itinerary

Old Sep 11, 19, 11:00 am
Original Poster

I'm heading to Bali for 14 nights in March for my honeymoon. My fiancee has put me in charge of everything. We already have flights locked down, and I booked a few refundable hotels. In general we are looking for a good mix of everything Bali has to offer (the beach, fine dining, some partying, and some relaxing). As of now the plan is to start at the Conrad Bali for 3 nights in a pool villa (with HH points), 4 nights in Seminyak at Four Points (Vasanti Suite), 4 nights in Gili T (still tracking down a hotel) and finishing with 3 nights in Ubud at Visesa (pool villa). We fly out 3PM on a Sunday. I'm trying my best to get villas/ large suites at relatively affordable prices. Should I instead spend the same amount for non-villas at nicer properties, within my price range? Ideally I would like to spend around $250 (or less)/night with taxes.

1. Does this itinerary seem logical, as far as order, nights/ location?
2. What hotels would you change (aside from Conrad Bali...I've heard enough from others).
3. What other locations would you recommend, how many nights, and what would you cut/ shorten?

Last edited by shmuey; Sep 11, 19 at 12:29 pm
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:45 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
One possibility to consider is potentially do only three hotels/locations, instead of four, because the constant checking in and out may feel a bit rushed/too much, but it may also depend on your style.

One thing I would recommend for sure is to write in in advance (a few days before) to all hotels/concierge to notify them of the occasion, which may end up scoring some upgrades or at least some freebies/cakes, etc. This would work better if you have status in any of the hotels. The Conrad team is good.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, I'd *probably* skew toward a more standard room at a nicer property than vice versa. Most of your time actually IN the room will be spent in the bed (honeymoon or not! ), and you'll likely get a more comfortable bed at a higher end property (vs. the Four Points, for example). Though having like a huge bathroom with soaking tub could be nice (though that is typical in many standard rooms at high-end hotels). And then of course the time spent on the property outside of your room (e.g., at the pool) will be better at a nicer property - things like pool towels, chaise lounges, drink service.

Just my $0.02; though there is a lot of good value to be had in Bali, and some people will even swear by private villas. The value is even at the higher end - if the Four Seasons costs, say, $500/night, the same thing would cost $800-1000 in Hawaii for example.

Oh, I also would vote for 3 different hotels vs. 4, but over 2 weeks changing 3 times won't be so so terrible.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:40 am

I agree about being in a nicer hotel to look at and spend time in. If you are lucky you may get an upgrade as well due to the occasion.

For my next trip I will also be trying this brand new Kempinski, which is supposed to be amazing architecturally, check it out. I am almost always at a Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt for the benefits, but this time I am making an exception.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...sula_Bali.html
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Personally, I'd *probably* skew toward a more standard room at a nicer property than vice versa. Most of your time actually IN the room will be spent in the bed (honeymoon or not! ), and you'll likely get a more comfortable bed at a higher end property (vs. the Four Points, for example). Though having like a huge bathroom with soaking tub could be nice (though that is typical in many standard rooms at high-end hotels). And then of course the time spent on the property outside of your room (e.g., at the pool) will be better at a nicer property - things like pool towels, chaise lounges, drink service.

Just my $0.02; though there is a lot of good value to be had in Bali, and some people will even swear by private villas. The value is even at the higher end - if the Four Seasons costs, say, $500/night, the same thing would cost $800-1000 in Hawaii for example.

Oh, I also would vote for 3 different hotels vs. 4, but over 2 weeks changing 3 times won't be so so terrible.
Thanks for the feedback. The more I read, the more I'm feeling inclined to drop the Four Points and get a less equipped suite at somewhere like Stones Hotel in Legian or even the Courtyard in Seminyak (both were recommended on another forum). We won't be spending too much time in the room, so I agree that proximity to beach/nightlife and a good pool is higher priority. Before we started dating my fiancee never stayed in anything nicer than a Sheraton, so fortunately she is not picky.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 3:22 pm

One of the best option for a very pretty beach/pool/grounds is the Intercontinental at Jimbaran, and at a reasonable price, but the area may be more isolated, but it will be great for relaxing.

Search this Thread