FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia-460/)
-   -   Multiple entries to Malaysia - UK passport holder (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/1981308-multiple-entries-malaysia-uk-passport-holder.html)

flyingcrazy Aug 2, 2019 11:08 am

Multiple entries to Malaysia - UK passport holder

Hello all,

I am going on vacation to SE Asia in January and am taking in Cambodia, Laos, Brunei and the Philippines, all nations in SE Asia I have been meaning to visit for a while but havent got round to!

The cheapest way to do this was to book a return flight from the UK to KUL returning after 2 weeks.

Now in that 2 weeks the cheapest way to visit all these places was to book Air Asia returns from KL. So KL - Vientiane - KL, then a day later KL - Phnom Penh - KL, a day later KL - Manila - KL etc. So in all I will be entering Malaysia about 4 or 5 times over a 2 week period.

This is purely because it was far cheaper doing than than booking one way tickets around SE Asia.

My concern however is Malaysian immigration may not like this, do you know if there will be any issues?

I have a UK passport so am eligible for a 90 day free entry stamp and have proof of travel back to the UK at the end of my trip.

Thanks for the help,

FC

curiouspax Aug 2, 2019 12:36 pm

...shouldn't have any problems. If the officer gets curious...just flash your onward itins and tell him you love AirAsia :p

seavisionburma Aug 3, 2019 12:08 pm

No problem at all. If questioned, explain exactly what you wrote in your post. KL as a travel base for numerous side trips.
They'd me more worried if it was multiple entries for longer stays.
Keep copied of your various itineraries handy.
You'll be fine.

flyingcrazy Aug 3, 2019 12:39 pm

Brilliant thanks guys, Ill just ensure I have my itinerary and all reservations on hand to show them

Amelorn Aug 3, 2019 10:25 pm

Having onward flights won't be a problem. Malaysia is relatively casual and generous about multiple entries for Westerners.

Of course, your itinerary sounds bloody exhausting to do in two weeks, but that is your own affair.

nancypants Aug 4, 2019 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Amelorn (Post 31376459)
Having onward flights won't be a problem. Malaysia is relatively casual and generous about multiple entries for Westerners.

Of course, your itinerary sounds bloody exhausting to do in two weeks, but that is your own affair.

second this

OP, you’re missing out a lot of places and also a lot of experiences. I did Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam over 4 weeks and still barely scratched the surface. Halving the time and then also adding the Philippines and somewhere else seems extreme. I would seriously consider revising this itinerary

i’ll also be the one dissenting voice on immigration. Back when air Asia was in the LCCT and MH was in KUL I was stamped in and out again the same day. The officer was not happy about it and told me I should have transited without clearing immigration. I explained there was no way to do this from LCCT without clearing immigration. Ultimately he let me on my way but it took time and I haven’t tried to enter Malaysia since so have no idea if there is any observations made on my “file” or similar that might cause problems in future

flyingcrazy Aug 5, 2019 5:24 am

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31376606)

second this

OP, you’re missing out a lot of places and also a lot of experiences. I did Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam over 4 weeks and still barely scratched the surface. Halving the time and then also adding the Philippines and somewhere else seems extreme. I would seriously consider revising this itinerary

i’ll also be the one dissenting voice on immigration. Back when air Asia was in the LCCT and MH was in KUL I was stamped in and out again the same day. The officer was not happy about it and told me I should have transited without clearing immigration. I explained there was no way to do this from LCCT without clearing immigration. Ultimately he let me on my way but it took time and I haven’t tried to enter Malaysia since so have no idea if there is any observations made on my “file” or similar that might cause problems in future

Thanks for your thoughts, I sadly dont have 4 weeks to explore SE Asia.

flyingcrazy Aug 5, 2019 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Amelorn (Post 31376459)

Good to know and its nothing compared to some ive done!