Wiki Posts
Search

Kuala Lumpur Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
On arrival earlier this year, I saw all the locals take the bus i.e. not the KLIA Express. As I recall, it costs less than half the cost of the Express and goes to the same spot!
A lot less. Bus is something like MYR 12 O/W which won't even get you to some closer-in airports by public transit (like the one near me). If you're lucky, you can even get n overnight bus with recliner seats and 1-2 seating . 1 hr travel time, even in the evening. Only problem if you are starting in KL Sentral is finding the bus station if you don't already know where it is.

Ever been to SIN? Think of KUL as a poor person's SIN. Indeed, on weekends the city is inundated with Singaporeans on shopping trips!
They seem to prefer JB on regular weekends, because groceries, dining out, etc. are 1/3 the price in Singapore.. KL only on a long weekend Over the easter weekend, all flights to SIN from KL were full on the Sunday and Monday. SZB-XSP was available only because very few knew about it.
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass
Thanks everyone. Anyone have any recommendations for Satay?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Will be in KL at the Hilton in a coupkke months..thanks for all the recommendations. Wish I had more nights to try everything.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Unfortunately, satay isn't that easy to find in Malaysia! It's an evening dish typically found served at roadside stalls. Never ran across any around Bukit Bintang. Last time I was in K.L., I took the metro to Kajang (Stadium Kajang stop) - supposed to be the hub of satay in Malaysia - and was disappointed by the quality (o.k., but not great). At least getting out there was cheap.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by swiftaw
While there's lots of very good satay (obviously given satay's Malaysian origins) and countless reviews of all the rivals, the problem is that none of the stalls are in central KL. However, if you don't mind the more upmarket surroundings then there's the ground floor restaurant at the Grand Hyatt and also Open House at KLCC.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
For food this is the place: https://www.facebook.com/suzis-corner-187090090532/ , https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...rsekutuan.html . It is away from al the tourist places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.