Wiki Posts
Search

First time in Bali. Hotel location suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by bluesky3000
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Is crazy amazing! Try it if you can. One of the best resorts i ever been to.
These are some nice resorts but paying $300/night for a hotel in Indonesia is absurd, IMO.
355F1 and DeepUnderground like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by invisible
Thanks. Will make note. Wikivoyage article says:

Is this that bad?

...one of few places which has not being overrun by tourism.
I was on Bunaken last October and don't recall noticing any trash issues. I think I can recall one plastic bag floating past while diving. However I have been in Bali in the rainy season many times so maybe I am conditioned to trash in the ocean and on the beach? Manado harbour there is a completely different story - lots of trash, but that is not unique to Manado unfortunately.

Never been to the Malukus but our house help is from the province and always has great things to say about it. Have no idea as a tourist destination, I know lots of live aboard dive boats transit the area.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I would call and specifically ask. The website of that travel insurance company is quite sparse. Most well known insurance companies will have a list of non-covered current events on their websites. Most companies have excluded Agung related claims since the first eruption in 2017.
I called

the lady used the words should instead of will when I gave very specific scenarios.

i asked about the volcano and she stated that it wasn’t it wasn’t an excluded event. She mentioned that her company paid out lots of money when some Volcano exploded in Iceland.

I dont know anything about insurance so I don’t know what to ask
Old May 29, 2019, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What matters is the written policy, not what some phone agent might say when trying to make a sale.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What matters is the written policy, not what some phone agent might say when trying to make a sale.
i posted a couple pages of policy up the thread a little bit but I don’t know how to understand the insurance jargon.

It doesn't exclude volcanos outright but it seems like for trip delay

missed connection only lists cruises or tour departure so that isn’t what I’m looking for.

I would need to be covered under the trip interruption section.

The only reason that is close to Volcanic eruptions is listed as

“Inclement Weather that causes complete cessation of services for at least 48 consecutive hours of the Common Carrier on which You are scheduled to travel”

is a Volcano or Ash cloud considered inclement weather
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:34 am

Ehhhh ubud is kind of fake for me. Over run with tourism. Better to head out to east bali to see some untouched tourism and rice fields if thats what you are looking for.
355F1 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:45 am

For stay in Ubud i highly recommend Ubud Wana Resort.
The location is just off the monkey forest with quite little village atmosphere.

Ubud is still better places to feel the real Bali compare to Kuta, Seminyak area.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by nk15
These are some nice resorts but paying $300/night for a hotel in Indonesia is absurd, IMO.
The one I don't understand is AUD$800 for the Four Seasons in Hoi An.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:13 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by nk15
OP, to give you some perspective about your first trip to Bali, before I went there I was thinking about it as "to check it off my bucket list" type of trip, but now I am more like "I will be spending 2-4 weeks every year there" (from the US), lol, so don't agonize too much.

LoL...I did this back in Oct 2016 to check it off my list.

I’ve been back three times already and going back for a fifth time next month.

Its my my new favorite place in the world.

And the Intercontinental is one of my Top fave hotels in the world, now, too.

Just perfect every time.

I also stay on Lembongan for 5-7 nights each trip.

No cars....much nicer than Bali for relaxation.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:15 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by invisible
Hey, would you share recommendations for (slightly) off the beaten track but without the need to spend 24h to reach the place?
I've been number of times in Bali and Java (mostly Jogja), and was planning to to go to Lombok and Sulawesi, but after earthquakes my wife (quite reasonably) said no.
nusa lembongan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.