Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Cambodia Postal Truck

Cambodia Postal Truck

Old May 15, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I just finished an exhaustive search of Angkor Air and overwhelmingly negative reviews? Especially on TA........Very few positive reviews. Pictures of poor hard product; poor customer service and many reviews about overcharging excessively for baggage, numerous delays, cancellations to different flights without any notification? ... hmmm. Appreciate everyone's feedback but I might just bite the bullet and take the 5 hour ride whether it be by bus, postal van or a private driver.

The link above is only Phnom P to Sieam R.........I actually need the opposite. I am assuming this company is based out of Phnom P and only originate there.
Not sure what kind of hard product you're expecting on an hour-long domestic flight in Cambodia, but the flight is a no-brainer here. Angkor Air is more than adequate. If you want to see the countryside, you'll have plenty of opportunity to do so around Siem Reap. The fact that you're saying "bite the bullet" tells me you know how unpleasant the drive is going to be, no matter the mode of transportation.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I might just bite the bullet and take the 5 hour ride whether it be by bus, postal van or a private driver.
Are you going to brave enough share the experience here afterwards?
Old May 15, 2019, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

LOL!! I will share my experience. It is not for awhile yet.

I will gear up for all the responses that say " I told you so! "
Old May 16, 2019, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I just finished an exhaustive search of Angkor Air and overwhelmingly negative reviews? Especially on TA........Very few positive reviews. Pictures of poor hard product; poor customer service and many reviews about overcharging excessively for baggage, numerous delays, cancellations to different flights without any notification? ... hmmm. Appreciate everyone's feedback but I might just bite the bullet and take the 5 hour ride whether it be by bus, postal van or a private driver.

The link above is only Phnom P to Sieam R.........I actually need the opposite. I am assuming this company is based out of Phnom P and only originate there.
indeed the link I provided is a company based in PNH.
For Cambodia Angkor Air (assuming you talk about this airline and not another one with a similar name like Sky Angkor Air), I flew them many times on REP-PNH (+ a few flights Cambodia-Vietnam) and never had any problem and their service. And, as said above, the flight is very short (45 min), so no big deal if you don’t like the orange juice they serve. Here is the link to the airline website. Avoid any other domestic airline than this one. Indeed those are totally unreliable.
https://www.cambodiaangkorair.com/
Old May 18, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
I think around four hours driving time. The road was great and there was little traffic until we reached PP. Stopped at a couple of markets. The driver would have stopped anywhere I wanted.

LOL!! I will share my experience. It is not for awhile yet.

I will gear up for all the responses that say " I told you so! "
I would hire a driver again in a heartbeat. I had a good time on the drive and enjoyed chatting with the driver. The road was great, the car was clean, and he was willing to stop wherever I wanted.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 28, 2019 at 12:52 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:26 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Take the bus. It's comfortable and definitely beats a mini bus. Here's an excerpt of what I wrote elsewhere in the Asia forum.
... in June, 2019, I took Giant Ibis bus, booked online for US$16. It's about 5.5 hours, end to end. One 30 minute lunch stop; a second 5 minute toilet stop. No toilet on the bus. Ok wifi on the bus with electrical receptacle. No TV. Safety conscious driver (!). They'll pick up from most hotels/guesthouses in Siem Reap. Essentially 95% foreigners, so no farm animals, etc.

The best part is it avoids the awful, 45-60 minute, typically $9 ride into Phnom Penh from the airport, which you want to avoid at all costs.

There's confusion currently on Google Maps about the location of the Giant Ibis bus terminal in PP. It's here. At the terminal you'll be "greeted" by zillions of tuk tuks who want exorbitant fees to get to your hotel. Just walk away and get a Grab (Uber in Cambodia) ride
-- Rich

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.